December 14, 2019, 04:02:22 PM

Author Topic: Goodison for Gomes?  (Read 140245 times)

November 08, 2019, 12:57:00 AM
Reply #2265

YankeeBlue214

The way this seasons going if we wait to 20/21 for him to play we may never see him again, can't see him rocking up in the championship!

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

I know you're being cheeky, but surely you don't think rushing him back is the right move?

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."
- George Santayana

November 08, 2019, 12:59:05 AM
Reply #2266

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Simply simply lovely

November 08, 2019, 01:19:31 AM
Reply #2267

YankeeBlue214

- George Santayana

November 08, 2019, 03:24:11 PM
Reply #2268

Hesmenos

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7659749/Son-Heung-mins-tackle-Andre-Gomes-reckless-act-retribution.html#comments

Also saw this. It does read like it was written by someone from this forum, but it seems like after the first few days with the Pray for Son movement that the other side of the story is finally being allowed out.

November 08, 2019, 03:41:03 PM
Reply #2269

ally2

Ironic though that he complains that VAR and Son took over the agenda post match when Gomes was the story. This whilst writing a story about Gomes in the headline then proceeding to spend most of the article talking about VAR.

Truth is, bad things are bad and we are all sad about Gomes but there isn't really much more to say about that. 

November 08, 2019, 03:44:34 PM
Reply #2270

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
He is a blue
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7659749/Son-Heung-mins-tackle-Andre-Gomes-reckless-act-retribution.html#comments

Also saw this. It does read like it was written by someone from this forum, but it seems like after the first few days with the Pray for Son movement that the other side of the story is finally being allowed out.
Simply simply lovely

November 08, 2019, 05:27:01 PM
Reply #2271

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
This guy says back on the pitch 4 - 6 months

Back playing a year

Back to his old self, likely never 100%.

I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 08, 2019, 05:44:29 PM
Reply #2272

Escla

NSNO Subscriber

Back playing a year

Thats quite a professionally put together analysis, my worry is that Son May see this and start crying again, bless !

November 08, 2019, 07:43:39 PM
Reply #2273

Juanito

The mental fragility talk comes from him. He has very openly admitted that he has been through rough periods. This isn't any slight on him by the way, to talk about such a topic in the public eye takes guts, but he has suffered in the past and people will think of him as maybe a bit fragile, which is human nature.

I would say that's quite the opposite, then. A man being open about struggling through difficult periods in the past, after a career changing move to Barcelona that was not going to work out. That takes mental toughness, braveness and awareness and  as far as I am concerned, is anything but fragile.

November 08, 2019, 09:52:27 PM
Reply #2274

Gary1878

NSNO Subscriber

Back playing a year

I think I have previously mentioned since this happened to Andre that I had a very serious ankle injury in 2017, where I had 3 grade 3 ruptures of my ankle ligaments, and 2 grade 2 ruptures. There was only 1 ligament in the ankle that I didn't rupture, which was the posterior ligament deep inside the ankle, which only usually occurs when you suffer a break, which thankfully I didn't.

As a bit of background, I consider myself to be a fairly fit chap. I used to run ultramarathons, and a continue to cycle a lot. The injury was the result of a very innocuous incident (hopping off a bench). It was likely my ankle was previously weakened by something else.

I was lucky enough to have PMI, and had access to an extremely good physio, but I was on crutches for at least 4-6 weeks. Due to the blood rushing to the area and the healing process, the pain in the ankle area when standing up was excruciating/almost impossible at first, which meant the best place for me was on the sofa lying down! This is where Andre will be for the next 2-3 weeks.

With Andre, the recovery will be a very painful and intensive process. The injury not only affected me physically, but mentally as a keen runner, in the fact that it took me 18 months to become confident that my ankle was strong enough to withstand the pressures of running and sport. This is often the part that people can't quite fathom if they haven't had a serious injury, and something that I didn't appreciate pre-injury. The mental aspect is now everything for Andre to recover fully. Trusting his own body is a process that will take a lot of time, no matter how he has recovered physically.

I really hope he recovers fully in both capacities, and wish him well for the long road ahead.

November 08, 2019, 10:03:36 PM
Reply #2275

YankeeBlue214

I think I have previously mentioned since this happened to Andre that I had a very serious ankle injury in 2017, where I had 3 grade 3 ruptures of my ankle ligaments, and 2 grade 2 ruptures. There was only 1 ligament in the ankle that I didn't rupture, which was the posterior ligament deep inside the ankle, which only usually occurs when you suffer a break, which thankfully I didn't.

As a bit of background, I consider myself to be a fairly fit chap. I used to run ultramarathons, and a continue to cycle a lot. The injury was the result of a very innocuous incident (hopping off a bench). It was likely my ankle was previously weakened by something else.

I was lucky enough to have PMI, and had access to an extremely good physio, but I was on crutches for at least 4-6 weeks. Due to the blood rushing to the area and the healing process, the pain in the ankle area when standing up was excruciating/almost impossible at first, which meant the best place for me was on the sofa lying down! This is where Andre will be for the next 2-3 weeks.

With Andre, the recovery will be a very painful and intensive process. The injury not only affected me physically, but mentally as a keen runner, in the fact that it took me 18 months to become confident that my ankle was strong enough to withstand the pressures of running and sport. This is often the part that people can't quite fathom if they haven't had a serious injury, and something that I didn't appreciate pre-injury. The mental aspect is now everything for Andre to recover fully. Trusting his own body is a process that will take a lot of time, no matter how he has recovered physically.

I really hope he recovers fully in both capacities, and wish him well for the long road ahead.

Awesome anecdotal perspective, thanks for sharing.
- George Santayana

November 09, 2019, 02:20:06 PM
Reply #2276

Bally

Administrator
It wasn't a red, it was a cynical yellow. Gomes got injured. We benefitted in that they had to play with 10 men.

Can we get over it. Gomes hasn't said a word about the incident and is just focused on getting better.

I get that vengeance is important to some of you but just let it go...
By the ruling its a red

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

It's the roll I way

November 27, 2019, 06:09:56 PM
Reply #2277

pjk

NSNO Subscriber
As Tacitus said: "To plunder, butcher, steal, these things they misname empire: they make a desolation and they call it peace."

November 27, 2019, 06:14:19 PM
Reply #2278

Macca77

November 27, 2019, 06:44:30 PM
Reply #2279

sam of the south

I love this man; hes a diamond as well as being gorgeous.
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
Henry David Thoreau