May 28, 2020, 11:20:17 PM

Author Topic: Goodison for Gomes?  (Read 163753 times)

March 09, 2020, 02:17:18 AM
Reply #2430

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
At least he has some semblance of an excuse right now.  Would love to see him next to a midfielder who hasn't got the pass and turning circle of a 1989 Ford Granada
Best thing I could say is err, it's like he's never been away innit

Sent from my ELE-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

March 09, 2020, 02:52:46 AM
Reply #2431

KoemansNumberTens

Heís not that great really. Will do well with a great defensive player alongside him but Iíd rather have a player who contributed more at both ends of the pitch. Our best midfield but thatís hardly praise

March 09, 2020, 03:00:54 AM
Reply #2432

Dr. Sponge

Looked fatigued today.

March 09, 2020, 03:07:27 AM
Reply #2433

Waltzer

Sigurdson, Schneiderlin, Walcott, Davies, Iwobi, Delph arent fit to lace his boots, yet we're questioning the player thats just returned from an horrific injury and been placed into a team with those players that are light years below him, unbelievable.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

March 09, 2020, 03:42:19 AM
Reply #2434

KoemansNumberTens

Sigurdson, Schneiderlin, Walcott, Davies, Iwobi, Delph arent fit to lace his boots, yet we're questioning the player thats just returned from an horrific injury and been placed into a team with those players that are light years below him, unbelievable.

That list is like having a debate on the nicest serial killer. Being better than that lot doesnít make Gomes a good player. He doesnít do enough defensively and he doesnít score or make enough goals. Which would be fine if he was a very consistent 7 out of 10 every week but heís not that either.

Bernard and Gomes are quite popular because they do their very little quite elegantly

I donít dislike him. Heís comfortably the best midfielder at the club but he wouldnít get a game for any of the clubs we aspire to compete with

March 09, 2020, 03:48:42 AM
Reply #2435

Waltzer

That list is like having a debate on the nicest serial killer. Being better than that lot doesn't make Gomes a good player. He doesn't do enough defensively and he doesn't score or make enough goals. Which would be fine if he was a very consistent 7 out of 10 every week but he's not that either.

Bernard and Gomes are quite popular because they do their very little quite elegantly

I don't dislike him. He's comfortably the best midfielder at the club but he wouldn't get a game for any of the clubs we aspire to compete with
Probably right, excelling at Valencia means he's not good enough, then getting a move to Barca just proves he's not good enough for us.
I think we need to give him a chance when we get a better calibre of player around him, assessing his value on this team is strange imo.
There isn't a midfielder in our squad that I'd have over him and for that reason he's the least of our issues

March 09, 2020, 04:09:48 AM
Reply #2436

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
He wasn't that good at Valencia and that was when he was at his best.

The good news is of course that he's now much older and has had a serious injury so you know.

Listen god bless the fella, he seems a nice man and I'm glad he's back but i cannot wait until we have a real midfield.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

March 09, 2020, 04:19:03 AM
Reply #2437

ajax_andy

Obvs he's rusty as fuck, he also looks 'stiff' when moving, like he hasn't regained his flexibility and fluidity when moving yet... In fact that last point about fluidity is important as at his best he's actually very fluid.

Pinged some impressive balls about towards the end of the first half too.

He's never going to show much in a team that is all over the shop and can't retain possession like today, but he's also waaaay off being back to 100%.

Give the lad time, it's going to be a while yet before we see him at his best, if he can even get back there... Hopefully he can!

March 09, 2020, 04:23:09 AM
Reply #2438

Martip

He wasn't that good at Valencia and that was when he was at his best.

The good news is of course that he's now much older and has had a serious injury so you know.

Listen god bless the fella, he seems a nice man and I'm glad he's back but i cannot wait until we have a real midfield.
You dont fancy giving him more than a couple games after the horror injury before making a definitive judgement ?
" All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others"

March 09, 2020, 04:33:31 AM
Reply #2439

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
You dont fancy giving him more than a couple games after the horror injury before making a definitive judgement ?

I have his entire career before the injury too, which if you look at would make his general standard for us not at all surprising (sorta OK but ina stylish way).

Unless you think maybe the bad injury and 100 days out of football somehow improved him?
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

March 09, 2020, 05:04:08 AM
Reply #2440

Martip

I have his entire career before the injury too, which if you look at would make his general standard for us not at all surprising (sorta OK but ina stylish way).

Unless you think maybe the bad injury and 100 days out of football somehow improved him?
Tbf you ve never liked him so it's not knee jerk I know, but I didnt agree with the initial assessment.

For me when on song, he offers something none of our players can....ball retention and calm, hence why he peaked Barcas interest.

Hes our best midfielder but surrounded by utter shit atm and has a lot more to offer.
" All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others"

March 09, 2020, 05:08:03 AM
Reply #2441

Shogun

Administrator
He's a good player but should never be the best player in a midfield.
If you're not angry, you're not listening.

March 09, 2020, 05:21:03 AM
Reply #2442

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Tbf you ve never liked him so it's not knee jerk I know, but I didnt agree with the initial assessment.

For me when on song, he offers something none of our players can....ball retention and calm, hence why he peaked Barcas interest.

Hes our best midfielder but surrounded by utter shit atm and has a lot more to offer.

I do want to like him he's just so ineffective. What kind of midfielder is he supposed to be? We play him like schneiderlin as a 6, so did Silva. I thought he was supposed to be a shuttling dribbler who switched play and progressed the ball?

Looks like a worse schneiderlin who can dribble sideways better for us and has done for most of his performances for us

Was the only one of our midfielders to make a tackle today which is quite something however I'll say that.

March 09, 2020, 02:49:22 PM
Reply #2443

Macca77

He's a good player but should never be the best player in a midfield.

Exactly! Needs a stronger, better all round midfielder next to him, instead of the shite we've currently got