September 25, 2020, 02:03:21 AM

Author Topic: Goodison for Gomes?  (Read 187830 times)

July 18, 2020, 02:10:10 PM
Reply #2580

Waltzer

Regardless of what you thought of him before the injury, I still think he deserves a bit of slack until he's had a pre-season (not the games but, the hard running, base fitness but). I wouldn't be surprised is he's still having issues with his ankle.

I broke my ankle playing footy and even when I could get back on the pitch and was technically "fit again”, it would swell up after every game, and that went on for over a year.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
It's also the psychological side of things. I bet he's still a bit hesitant over what he can and can't do and that will take time too. Next season I expect him to be at a higher level

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

July 21, 2020, 02:06:42 AM
Reply #2581

ajax_andy

Absolutely superb tonight, if he can play like that in a 3 / 5 man midfield we need to find players to compliment him and stick with 3 CMs

July 21, 2020, 02:11:24 AM
Reply #2582

sam of the south

Absolutely superb tonight, if he can play like that in a 3 / 5 man midfield we need to find players to compliment him and stick with 3 CMs

Exactly, he’s been terrified lately, but he was comfortable in that double pivot today.
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

July 21, 2020, 02:21:51 AM
Reply #2583

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Much better than the rest of the year definitely. Wonder what caused it? Having Sig ahead? More athleticism in Sidibie and Walcott? I don't know.

Some really good passing tonight, but we still as a whole didn't have much control, especially in the second half where we were better than the first, they played the game in our half almost exclusively.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 21, 2020, 04:56:50 AM
Reply #2584

dazfrancis

Much better than the rest of the year definitely. Wonder what caused it? Having Sig ahead? More athleticism in Sidibie and Walcott? I don't know.

Some really good passing tonight, but we still as a whole didn't have much control, especially in the second half where we were better than the first, they played the game in our half almost exclusively.

The reason we can't control games is simply down to quality.

Having said that the whole midfield were much more purposeful when we had the ball in the the second half. And you could actually see how Ancelotti wants us to play by passing it out from the back.

Even Sig was finding space and making some good through balls and I was lamenting his inclusion.

July 21, 2020, 07:52:17 AM
Reply #2585

Thornton_19

For the first time since hes been back we had pace on both wings in Walcott/ Sidibe and Richarlison/Digne which allowes him to spray balls about a lot easier.

Hes basically only had Digne to aim at since hes been back. Give him runners and hes a very good asset.

July 21, 2020, 01:43:40 PM
Reply #2586

ally2

That's odd because I have the complete opposite view. Sheffield United rarely got anywhere close to a dangerous position in that second half. Our possession can be better, granted, but we looked pretty solid and in control to me.

July 21, 2020, 02:51:48 PM
Reply #2587

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
That's odd because I have the complete opposite view. Sheffield United rarely got anywhere close to a dangerous position in that second half. Our possession can be better, granted, but we looked pretty solid and in control to me.

Yes to be fair they made fuck all, and it's not like it was a game we had to win compared to them so you could say it was a well executed plan.

But I'd say largely they had the ball and sometimes we were able to break with it.

Spent long periods of the game giving away fouls and letting Keane and Branthwaite head bricks out the box.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 21, 2020, 07:36:30 PM
Reply #2588

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Yes to be fair they made fuck all, and it's not like it was a game we had to win compared to them so you could say it was a well executed plan.

But I'd say largely they had the ball and sometimes we were able to break with it.

Spent long periods of the game giving away fouls and letting Keane and Branthwaite head bricks out the box.

That perception may be skewed a bit because it was the case for the majority of the final 15. Otherwise possession was essentially 50/50 for the game. I do believe it was probably closer to 55-45 us in the first half though.
Playing FM20 24/7.

July 21, 2020, 11:09:57 PM
Reply #2589

Dr. Sponge

That perception may be skewed a bit because it was the case for the majority of the final 15. Otherwise possession was essentially 50/50 for the game. I do believe it was probably closer to 55-45 us in the first half though.
It was indeed. I couldnt watch the game, so I checked up regularly on the match stats on the sky app and we slightly bossed possession until the 15.

September 07, 2020, 03:30:52 AM
Reply #2590

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Injured, sent home from Portugal. Seeya in a few weeks.

September 07, 2020, 03:31:52 AM
Reply #2591

Macca77

Fuck sake....oh hello Hames

September 07, 2020, 03:41:24 AM
Reply #2592

sam of the south

Yay, AM Captain Sigurdsson whilst we wait for James to sign/get fit.
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

September 07, 2020, 04:24:54 AM
Reply #2593

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber

Any details yet re: type, severity?
Playing FM20 24/7.

September 07, 2020, 05:01:23 AM
Reply #2594

Thornton_19

Its probably just a knock you gang of fucking cranks.