October 22, 2020, 02:34:13 AM

Author Topic: Goodison for Gomes?  (Read 197434 times)

September 16, 2020, 07:53:04 PM
Reply #2610

KoemansNumberTens

Convinced Gomes is going to have a great season. Will be a completely different player with the quality now around him.

Think hell look a lot better but worry that when we boil it down to the numbers he wont really be doing that well at anything. He looks incredibly elegant even while doing very little. In fairness to him though he did quite well against spurs

September 16, 2020, 07:55:15 PM
Reply #2611

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
He seems a nice fella and I've certainly bought into him at times in the past, but how that misconstrued opinion of him as a creator still persists I don't know.

Less responsibility on him in a better midfield and more people showing for the ball should help him.

But yeah...not convinced he has a job any more now we have real midfielders.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 16, 2020, 07:58:43 PM
Reply #2612

cantoffee

Likes too many touches and a bit lackadaisical at times.

When it comes off he looks great (ie when he made Kane look like a chump) but I find he often misses opportunities to move the ball quicker or loses out as a result.

Almost like he wants to look like he has lots of time (a la Rodriguez) but doesn't realize that players like that give themselves time by thinking quickly and moving quickly when required.

Further issue is that looking good when you do these things is nice but I'm not sure he produces enough. I do like his switches of play and he seems to have the ability to drive forward but doesn't do it enough.

Willing to see how things play out this year as he is clearly talented. I think he will be under pressure if he can't step his game up a level.

Sent from my SM-G970W using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

September 16, 2020, 08:00:56 PM
Reply #2613

Gary1878

Think hell look a lot better but worry that when we boil it down to the numbers he wont really be doing that well at anything. He looks incredibly elegant even while doing very little. In fairness to him though he did quite well against spurs

He just looks beautiful on the ball. Hell, he just looks beautiful full stop. If his numbers and influence on the team picks up to his levels of beautifulness (not a word but should be), well we might just have a Xavi on our hands.

September 16, 2020, 08:00:56 PM
Reply #2614

dazfrancis

He has the technical and physical aspects to be a great player but he really needs to improve his involvement and contribution and to try and be more progressive with the ball.

With better team mates around him and a great man manager in Ancelotti you would hope we will see the best of him this season.

If he can't get it together under this set up then he never will for Everton

September 16, 2020, 08:25:43 PM
Reply #2615

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
We signed him for 18m and what we're getting is an 18m player.

I'm happy with him, maybe look at upgrading him in the next 18 months but for now he's sound.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

September 16, 2020, 08:54:55 PM
Reply #2616

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
He seems a nice fella and I've certainly bought into him at times in the past, but how that misconstrued opinion of him as a creator still persists I don't know.

Less responsibility on him in a better midfield and more people showing for the ball should help him.

But yeah...not convinced he has a job any more now we have real midfielders.
In the 433 system we played last week he gets in every week
If we move to 2 in the midfield he wont play

As @TheRam says above, he is fine for us at present
Simply simply lovely

September 16, 2020, 09:00:45 PM
Reply #2617

Macca77

Always said hes a better player when he got an a ball winner next to him, was brilliant when we had Gana, struggled last season and then had the injury, pretty confident we'll see the best of him again this season now he's got better players around him

September 16, 2020, 09:14:41 PM
Reply #2618

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
We signed him for 18m and what we're getting is an 18m player.

I'm happy with him, maybe look at upgrading him in the next 18 months but for now he's sound.

Yes.

On @brap2 side the position is logically the one that is under most competition.

Will we play 433 all the time?

Home games vs dross, would we want a more attacking player in there (either James or another)?

I think hell be better this year for the reasons outlined above by others.

Also I think physically he takes longer to get up to speed so would expect improvements from Sunday anyway.

Was unfortunate the pass in the first half that he played to DCL straight through the middle hit his foot otherwise would have been a good example of what he can do.

September 26, 2020, 05:43:44 AM
Reply #2619

Shogun

Administrator
Hoping he can grow into the role of the midfield three because already Bernard and Sigurdsson are pushing him in that position.

Even though it's the only shot he's ever taken for us, I'd love him to start doing stuff like this on the reg:

If you're not angry, you're not listening.

September 26, 2020, 03:58:03 PM
Reply #2620

Lxxx

Would like to see Ancelotti get in his ear and tell him to stop playing at 70% all the time.

Look up more, move the ball quicker, use your long legs to stride forward and eat up some space instead of taking the easy option.

At the moment hes doing okay but if he wants to keep his place he has to offer more. I wouldnt mind seeing Iwobi in that inside left channel, hes got the movement and legs to play it if he can stick his foot in too.

September 26, 2020, 04:12:08 PM
Reply #2621

Juanito

I am all for Iwobi taking his place today in that 3. Palace are gonna sit back so would be nice to see Doucoure and Iwobi running with the ball and creating space for the front 3.

September 26, 2020, 04:24:50 PM
Reply #2622

BlueForYou

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

September 26, 2020, 04:31:27 PM
Reply #2623

KoemansNumberTens

He just sort of plods about doing okay but nothing really of note. Think Id rather have any of Delph iwobi Bernard and sigurdsson play instead of him. Hes just a bit drab Elegant and drab

September 26, 2020, 04:49:08 PM
Reply #2624

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
I see now Sig is a bench regular attentions have been turned to Gomes. I look forward to seeing numerous posts a day by the same posters on this subject
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers: