December 16, 2018, 11:59:28 PM

Author Topic: Goodison for Gomes?  (Read 31867 times)

August 09, 2018, 01:50:17 AM
Reply #30

BlueForYou

Marco with the midas touch?

He turns Silva into Gold
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

August 09, 2018, 02:00:12 AM
Reply #31

dunkster

Sounds like we should only want/need him on loan.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

August 09, 2018, 02:08:43 AM
Reply #32

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Itís the perfect age to sin a *good* player.

Not all players get better, but every player gets worse.

He is a good player though.

Has a skill set thatís missing from our midfield.

You yourself have been crying out for us to sign a player of his type.

I appreciate the room for analytics when it comes to player analysis, but I do think people can get bogged down a bit too much with the stats.

August 09, 2018, 02:18:51 AM
Reply #33

Simon Paul

Administrator
Marca readers voted him the worst signing of 2017. The same year Deulofeu had joined Barcelona again 

August 09, 2018, 02:20:07 AM
Reply #34

blue slug

Marca readers voted him the worst signing of 2017. The same year Deulofeu had joined Barcelona again 

Now thatís pretty damning

August 09, 2018, 02:22:55 AM
Reply #35

D15TIN

Has a skill set that’s missing from our midfield.

I appreciate the room for analytics when it comes to player analysis, but I do think people can get bogged down a bit too much with the stats.

agree with this, we have no midfielders who can keep possession of the ball.

August 09, 2018, 02:24:14 AM
Reply #36

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Has a skill set thatís missing from our midfield.

Iím not sure he does have that skill set though.

This is literally what player analytics is for, when a player *seems* to have a skill set but really when you look at what he does without cognitive bias of any kind it states clearly that he doesnít do as much of that as you think he does.

If he joins Iíll get behind him and Iíll watch videos and Iíll hope it works out, Iím just saying, I think this is a mistake.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 09, 2018, 02:26:05 AM
Reply #37

ForzaItalia

Didnít they also vote Modric as the worst signing when he moved to Madrid?
il Vesuvio e la terra che amo

August 09, 2018, 02:30:21 AM
Reply #38

Simon Paul

Administrator

Didn't they also vote Modric as the worst signing when he moved to Madrid?
No idea. They hated Bale though didn't they?

August 09, 2018, 02:34:50 AM
Reply #39

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Loan with a cast-iron option to buy suit everyone?

I, for one, don't really care what his stats are like in a team so different than Everton as Barcelona are.

August 09, 2018, 02:37:24 AM
Reply #40

dekko

Anyone will be an upgrade to Schneiderlin, so Iím on board.

August 09, 2018, 02:38:21 AM
Reply #41

stirlingblue

Loan with a cast-iron option to buy suit everyone?

I, for one, don't really care what his stats are like in a team so different than Everton as Barcelona are.

I do if he canít even be creative with their movement around him, as itís a hell of a lot better than ours

August 09, 2018, 02:40:51 AM
Reply #42

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
I do if he canít even be creative with their movement around him, as itís a hell of a lot better than ours

Dunno, maybe our players will be more "his speed".
Maybe he kept going to pass to Suarez, but Suarez was already a dozen yards closer to goal. Sigurdsson won't be.

It's the main reason stats are blouse for a game as variable as football. There are no 2 systems similar enough to translate them through fully.

August 09, 2018, 02:53:51 AM
Reply #43

ajax_andy

Brands signed a lot of promising players for PSV who had moved to bigger clubs and failed to make an impact, it seems to be his way of working... Identifying players with ability looking to rebuild their careers after showing early promise.

He must have done something right to earn a move to Barca, so you'd hope at the right club he could kick on and do good things.

August 09, 2018, 03:02:49 AM
Reply #44

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Brands signed a lot of promising players for PSV who had moved to bigger clubs and failed to make an impact, it seems to be his way of working... Identifying players with ability looking to rebuild their careers after showing early promise.

He must have done something right to earn a move to Barca, so you'd hope at the right club he could kick on and do good things.

A bit like when we signed Pienaar and Arteta.