December 16, 2018, 04:32:26 AM

Author Topic: Goodison for Gomes?  (Read 31669 times)

December 07, 2018, 04:24:17 AM
Reply #630

Gash

Global Moderator
Think that "who is valued at £25m by parent club Barcelona" part makes the whole thing lazy/suspect.

Did they say that? I gave up reading at "according to a report today from football outlet The Wistle."

December 07, 2018, 04:35:38 AM
Reply #631

eyesalwaysblue

Think that "who is valued at £25m by parent club Barcelona" part makes the whole thing lazy/suspect.
Wether the Liverpool bit might be shit stirring or not Gomes hasn't gone un noticed by a long chalk and it would be a step back to lose him, hopefully he's being assured players will be brought in to turn his creativity and graft into goals, dis heartening for him at the moment it must be to see build up after build up result in nothing like first half last night,, don't think it's just want of a centre forward either.....
                   Saying that with the quality of the last window think we can have some faith things will be in hand to  address the shortfalls that still exist..
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 04:37:06 AM by eyesalwaysblue »
I still despise Clive Thomas..

December 07, 2018, 04:40:57 AM
Reply #632

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
If we donít buy him brands will have somebody else just as good lined up.

Donít stress. Enjoy him while heís here and what happens, happens.

December 07, 2018, 05:02:47 AM
Reply #633

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
If we donít buy him brands will have somebody else just as good lined up.

Donít stress. Enjoy him while heís here and what happens, happens.

Really looking forward to January you know. Reckon thereís going to be a few mad signings.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 07, 2018, 05:09:42 AM
Reply #634

Ramjam

Really looking forward to January you know. Reckon there's going to be a few mad signings.
Yes, and the beauty about it is that no one will know anything about them till there done.
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

December 07, 2018, 03:02:21 PM
Reply #635

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
I think Jan is going to be quite quiet you know.One or two out maybe.

If one of them are Tosun, then i think we'd be bringing someone in.

December 07, 2018, 03:08:04 PM
Reply #636

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Really looking forward to January you know. Reckon thereís going to be a few mad signings.

Murmmerings of Josef Martinez.

December 07, 2018, 03:17:19 PM
Reply #637

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Murmmerings of Josef Martinez.

Saw that yeah, followed up by him stating heíll Ďstay as long as they need himí aka ĎIím outta this bishí

Very hard to judge isnít it but when Iíve watched him, literally one time, he was a pacey goal machine.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 07, 2018, 04:04:28 PM
Reply #638

Macca77

Be a few outgoings in January I reckon, we don't really need much do we, striker would be nice but it's won't be the end of the world if we don't sign anyone. Hopefully be on the phone to Barca to sort a deal for Gomes

December 07, 2018, 04:10:41 PM
Reply #639

Waltzer

Be a few outgoings in January I reckon, we don't really need much do we, striker would be nice but it's won't be the end of the world if we don't sign anyone. Hopefully be on the phone to Barca to sort a deal for Gomes

Its difficult to say what we need, we're playing well but if we want to progress I think we need a new right winger, secure Gomes, a couple of strikers and sign up Zouma or get another CB. Its not all going to happen in Jan, but those would be the areas id focus on

December 07, 2018, 04:14:52 PM
Reply #640

Macca77

Its difficult to say what we need, we're playing well but if we want to progress I think we need a new right winger, secure Gomes, a couple of strikers and sign up Zouma or get another CB. Its not all going to happen in Jan, but those would be the areas id focus on

Zouma has already said he will be returning to Chelsea in the summer

December 07, 2018, 04:17:03 PM
Reply #641

Lxxx

I don't think Zouma is worth going all out for anyway. Keane and Mina look a decent partnership and I'd be amazed if Brands can't find someone else for less than what Chelsea would want for him. He's also had a very bad injury and I'm not overly convinced he'll still be playing a high level, with pace, for long enough to justify the outlay.

December 07, 2018, 04:44:48 PM
Reply #642

gizzblue

I don't think Zouma is worth going all out for anyway. Keane and Mina look a decent partnership and I'd be amazed if Brands can't find someone else for less than what Chelsea would want for him. He's also had a very bad injury and I'm not overly convinced he'll still be playing a high level, with pace, for long enough to justify the outlay.

Certainly think he's quick enough ...twice the other night he caught Atsu who's no slouch and dealt with him quite easily ....his defendeing is sound and he can also move forward with a ball ....think he would be a good buy myself .
Born not made a blue .

December 07, 2018, 04:59:24 PM
Reply #643

Hawkandro

Christensen is rumoured to be on the out at Chelsea, so could aim for him, although Barcelona are rumoured to be sniffing.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

December 07, 2018, 05:04:12 PM
Reply #644

Toddacelli

I don't think it's as binary as Gomes is either the most complete midfielder since Arteta or not progressive enough.

I love him, think he's a fantastic footballer and a joy to watch - but also agree with @brap2

I would just change the wording slightly from 'he should be more progressive' to 'we are not progressive enough as a team and so I am looking to players of great footballing ability, such as Gomes and bernard, to produce more for the team in this area'.

Is Gomes awesome? Yes.
Are we progressive? No.
Can Gomes do more for us in this area? We hope so.

I would pay up to £60M for him but it's probably that kind of accounting that got me declared bankrupt.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates