October 18, 2019, 03:12:21 AM

Author Topic: Goodison for Gomes?  (Read 121654 times)

December 26, 2018, 06:33:43 PM
Reply #705

School of Science

Brilliant player,  at times I believe we just don't deserve nice things, he can tackle but does need a ball winner next to him, a Barkley type player who is simply better than Barkley. Jesus one poor game. I would make him along with a striker a priority signing.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

December 26, 2018, 08:21:40 PM
Reply #706

Lxxx

If I was him I wouldnt be certain on signing permanently

Why would you though really, if you were him? Were an average team currently languishing in mid table not really showing any indications that were on the right track to challenge the top 6.

Itll probably be a nice enjoyable year for him in terms of playing some regular football again before concentrating on his career in the summer.

December 26, 2018, 08:23:20 PM
Reply #707

sam of the south

Why would you though really, if you were him? Were an average team currently languishing in mid table not really showing any indications that were on the right track to challenge the top 6.

Itll probably be a nice enjoyable year for him in terms of playing some regular football again before concentrating on his career in the summer.

Yeah, thats kinda what I was grudgingly hinting at
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
Henry David Thoreau

December 27, 2018, 02:06:15 AM
Reply #708

gizzblue

Had an off day today nowt seemed to come off for him ...still think he's fallen for us in a big way.
Born not made a blue .

December 27, 2018, 03:44:16 AM
Reply #709

Macca77

He's been average for last 2 game's, so let's him off eh

December 27, 2018, 09:06:54 AM
Reply #710

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
He was the man today
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

December 27, 2018, 01:00:31 PM
Reply #711

Gary1878

NSNO Subscriber
We shouldn't put ourselves down and I think Gomes is perfectly suited for our level and where we want to go. He needs to be the main man in the centre and the other sides already have that sort of player.

Without players of the calibre and consistency of Gomes, we will never be in and around the top 6.

December 27, 2018, 06:18:15 PM
Reply #712

KoemansNumberTens

We shouldn't put ourselves down and I think Gomes is perfectly suited for our level and where we want to go. He needs to be the main man in the centre and the other sides already have that sort of player.

Without players of the calibre and consistency of Gomes, we will never be in and around the top 6.

The problem is players dont often know what they need. I honestly dont believe players sign for top teams to sit on their bench and pick up big money. They sign because they believe they will do enough to get themselves in the team even if pretty much everyone else can see theyve no chance. If a top side comes in for him his head will be turned even though it could possibly see him not playing again

December 27, 2018, 06:24:26 PM
Reply #713

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
The problem is players dont often know what they need. I honestly dont believe players sign for top teams to sit on their bench and pick up big money. They sign because they believe they will do enough to get themselves in the team even if pretty much everyone else can see theyve no chance. If a top side comes in for him his head will be turned even though it could possibly see him not playing again

I think players would still weigh the pros and cons recognising they may not play as often. For instance would you rather play 40 games a season for Leicester or 15-20 for Man City - bearing in mind everything else that gets factored in beyond game time e.g. trophies, money, respect, environment, coaching quality etc.

December 27, 2018, 06:32:49 PM
Reply #714

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
The problem is players don't often know what they need. I honestly don't believe players sign for top teams to sit on their bench and pick up big money. They sign because they believe they will do enough to get themselves in the team even if pretty much everyone else can see they've no chance. If a top side comes in for him his head will be turned even though it could possibly see him not playing again
You have to have that belief or what's the point.
Simply simply lovely

December 27, 2018, 06:53:43 PM
Reply #715

Lxxx

It's not about putting ourselves down it's about acknowledging where we are in the footballing order. Players like Gomes have come here to regain their love for playing regular football again I imagine, same with Digne, and to assist with them getting back up to the level that they have sampled previously. If that's helping us get there great, if not then they'll likely move on, if they get the chance.

The challenge for Silva and Brands is to build something to make them stay but if they leave it isn't a big deal, we still have to develop a business model which consists of sustainable squad building so picking up regular loans like Gomes and buying and selling players like Richarlison at a profit is the way forward.

January 05, 2019, 03:23:51 AM
Reply #716

sam of the south

Cant be arsed to read back, but the wretched Daily Express is saying weve been offered the chance to buy Gomes this month for 22m (Im not posting the link to such a right-wing rag)
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
Henry David Thoreau

January 05, 2019, 03:47:47 AM
Reply #717

Martip

Cant be arsed to read back, but the wretched Daily Express is saying weve been offered the chance to buy Gomes this month for 22m (Im not posting the link to such a right-wing rag)
Bargain if so  :thumbsup:

January 05, 2019, 06:46:15 AM
Reply #718

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Twitter saying Barca want us to take Gomes for 22.5m.

Even as not his biggest fan Id take that.

Also interested in Denis Suarez? Young, little but creative from the middle or out wide.

Also something weird about benfica want silva and we want zivkovic off them.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 05, 2019, 01:01:24 PM
Reply #719

KoemansNumberTens

Twitter saying Barca want us to take Gomes for 22.5m.

Even as not his biggest fan Id take that.

Also interested in Denis Suarez? Young, little but creative from the middle or out wide.

Also something weird about benfica want silva and we want zivkovic off them.

Id be happy with Gomes at 20m ish. Not his biggest fan either but hes still a talented player for whats a pretty low fee