July 20, 2019, 07:51:24 AM

Author Topic: Goodison for Gomes?  (Read 111603 times)

February 17, 2019, 06:03:54 PM
Reply #780

KoemansNumberTens

Is Sigurdsson a bad signing or is he just overpriced? Because there is a difference

Same thing for me. The price (and I guess the contracts) dictate the quality of a signing. Sigurdsson is a good player. Heís not suitable for a good side though (which we have ambitions to be) he was also poor value for money

Iíve nothing against him. Heís decent enough but his signing in terms of cost of suitability was ridiculous.

February 17, 2019, 06:18:41 PM
Reply #781

eyesalwaysblue

i dont get where you're coming from,ive watched gomes and really wanted him to perform, but apart from a few pieces of skill/class hes disapointed me, but maybe thats more to do with the system they are being forced to play. but youre right in that its all about opinions bud
Think Gomes has been in a more defensive roll lately and doing a pretty selfless job helping out, i don't see it as his form dropping off, just a case of needs must, would prefer to have others to do it and him in a more creative roll but we have a few passengers at the moment and he's kept grafting.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

February 17, 2019, 07:23:31 PM
Reply #782

Thornton_19

Not for me mate Siggs an ornament compared to Gomes, it's all about opinions and we all see different things in players and matches, it's why the games so popular, although no fun for us at the mo.
Mate im not Sigurddsons biggest fan, but Gomes has 1 goal and 1 assist this year compared to the 9 goals 3 assists of Sigurddson.

I dread to think where we woul be without him this year.

February 17, 2019, 07:29:35 PM
Reply #783

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Comparing sigurdsson to gomes is like comparing an apple to a twig
Simply simply lovely

February 17, 2019, 09:14:18 PM
Reply #784

eyesalwaysblue

Not in terms of usefulness no it's not obviously

February 17, 2019, 09:20:33 PM
Reply #785

eyesalwaysblue

Mate im not Sigurddsons biggest fan, but Gomes has 1 goal and 1 assist this year compared to the 9 goals 3 assists of Sigurddson.

I dread to think where we woul be without him this year.
I don't dislike him he always puts the effort in, he's nowhere near any sort of upgrade though on what we had, and we spent way too much on him, 3 managers have yet to find an effective roll for him though granted all 3 managers have been cabbages tactically, so maybe the right manager can put an average player to good use, but only Moyes was good at that and according to some on here he was a wanker, so maybe we are getting what we deserve.

February 17, 2019, 11:29:49 PM
Reply #786

boothill

im robbing this jim

February 18, 2019, 07:37:54 PM
Reply #787

di_guyo

I think Gomes has been a bit underwhelming. First few games he was class, but he's kinda of lowered to the rest. I'm unconvinced. He looked like he'd really spur us on an dictate play but I'm not seeing that as much now. Was he hungrier to make a point on arrival? Is it the style of play? Does he need longer to adjust? Whatever it is, any potential fee, which we know will be well north of 20/25 is increasingly seeming more and more expensive. After the first few I felt we had to do everything within our power to bring him here, now I'm not so sure.
Everton & Atleti

February 19, 2019, 02:45:12 AM
Reply #788

Toddacelli

Arrived from Barcelona and was great - even though he was miles off fitness.

Been here a while now, been coached and trained by Silva and his crew.

The results of this are plain to see.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

February 19, 2019, 01:00:44 PM
Reply #789

Juanito

Iím not going on the player for Barcelona or the player we see now. Iím going on the standout player for Valencia, that earned a big money move to Barcelona. The player that was the best player on the park in the Derby. We are disjointed, have no structure, therefore he struggles, too.

I think he is the most talented player we have in our squad and the best footballer. Put him alongside a Barry with a manager who has a grasp of what he is trying to do and that 30 million is a bargain.

February 19, 2019, 07:02:08 PM
Reply #790

Lxxx

Gomes has been dragged down to our level. What's the point in him looking up to thread a ball through the lines only for Sig to take three touches and give it back to him. Or to knock a ball in to the striker only for Richarlison to fall on his arse and watch it come right back.

He was playing well leading up to and including the derby and since they he and everyone else has fallen off a cliff.               

February 19, 2019, 08:16:28 PM
Reply #791

Jamokachi

The market doesnít currently stand there. We wouldnít get 45m for sigurdsson cos we overpaid. So yes it is nonsense. Gomes at 25m or infinite Bernards?

Look at 25m Gomes would be a decent signing. Comparing him to bad signings to prove that is nonsense though

You're right, the market has changed, taking it further from your nonsensical comparison.

It's not comparing him to a bad signing, it's comparing him to the market value. How Bolasie (or anyone else) turned out is a hypothetical and therefore is of no concern. The value is based on the player at the point of purchase.

Tis isn't about what Gomes (or anyone) is worth, but rather the value of comparison.

February 19, 2019, 08:28:11 PM
Reply #792

Ross

Iím not going on the player for Barcelona or the player we see now. Iím going on the standout player for Valencia, that earned a big money move to Barcelona. The player that was the best player on the park in the Derby. We are disjointed, have no structure, therefore he struggles, too.

I think he is the most talented player we have in our squad and the best footballer. Put him alongside a Barry with a manager who has a grasp of what he is trying to do and that 30 million is a bargain.

Youíve got to judge him on his form and recent past not on some season he played two and a half years ago.

Its not like youíd suggest not bringing a forward in this summer and giving Sandro another chance next season is it?
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

February 19, 2019, 08:29:13 PM
Reply #793

Martip

All over Gomes for anything around 30m me.

February 19, 2019, 11:31:03 PM
Reply #794

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
It was said at the start of this whole endeavour - bad move, flatters to deceive, not a great player.

Have we moved on from that based on his showing?

If we spend 30 on this Littlewoods model we deserve everything we get.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.