October 31, 2020, 12:51:51 AM

Author Topic: Goodison for Gomes?  (Read 201717 times)

June 03, 2019, 05:15:38 PM
Reply #15

Juanito

He was deffo a player who people thought would go on to a champions league level club.

Wasn’t so long ago he was the golden boy of Brazil.

Certainly did not expect him to sign for Everton, premier league clubs can make these types of signings now.

Steady on! He was never the golden boy of Brazil. He got into that side when playing for Athletic Minero in the shadow of Ronaldinho’s exploits and was seen as a weak link in the national side. Then 7-1 happened and he was one of the main scapegoats and has not been seen since. I love Bernard and  also surprised and happy we signed him but he has never really had a solid reputation for the national team.

June 26, 2019, 03:00:12 AM
Reply #16

Juanito

To get an email from Andre Gomes, nice work, Everton.

November 06, 2019, 07:51:37 PM
Reply #17

Juanito

Talk of his ‘mental fragility’ from people without this professional understanding or insight into his mind is pointless.

Seeing him walk into Finch Farm today on crutches, I expect he will get excellent emotional care from the Everton team and that will give him a stronger bond than he already has with this club.

I think he will come back stronger.

November 08, 2019, 07:43:39 PM
Reply #18

Juanito

The mental fragility talk comes from him. He has very openly admitted that he has been through rough periods. This isn't any slight on him by the way, to talk about such a topic in the public eye takes guts, but he has suffered in the past and people will think of him as maybe a bit fragile, which is human nature.

I would say that's quite the opposite, then. A man being open about struggling through difficult periods in the past, after a career changing move to Barcelona that was not going to work out. That takes mental toughness, braveness and awareness and  as far as I am concerned, is anything but fragile.

July 17, 2020, 04:25:20 PM
Reply #19

Juanito

He is badly exposed and should not be playing so deep. The only player he has near him is Tom Davies who seems to play his own game and has zero positional sense and an equal ability to tackle.  Same could be said for Sigurdsson I suppose but at least Gomes doesn’t hide.  Gana makes everyone look better.

September 26, 2020, 04:12:08 PM
Reply #20

Juanito

I am all for Iwobi taking his place today in that 3. Palace are gonna sit back so would be nice to see Doucoure and Iwobi running with the ball and creating space for the front 3.

October 19, 2020, 07:17:22 PM
Reply #21

Juanito

I would prefer Delph starts and see how he plays with Allan holding and Doucoure further up to cause problems. Southampton will be buzzing around for 90 minutes so would prefer Gomes plays in slower paced games while he recovers from having his ankle deformed.

October 25, 2020, 05:08:05 PM
Reply #22

Juanito

I don’t think the injury can be underestimated, I do rate him but would like Delph to start and perhaps see Gomes be eased in a bit more. When he came to us he wasn’t given any rest period and was burnt out even before the injury.