October 23, 2019, 12:13:11 AM

Author Topic: Goodison for Gomes?  (Read 122660 times)

December 08, 2018, 02:26:29 AM
Reply #15

Martip

January 05, 2019, 03:47:47 AM
Reply #16

Martip

Canít be arsed to read back, but the wretched Daily Express is saying weíve been offered the chance to buy Gomes this month for £22m (Iím not posting the link to such a right-wing rag)
Bargain if so  :thumbsup:

February 17, 2019, 02:32:58 AM
Reply #17

Martip

Yep, we're talking about a player that would apparently cost less than Bolasie and has shown glimpses of what he's capable of, which is quality, and people are saying we should pass it up like we've got Messi waiting in the sidelines. If we want to progress we need more players like Gomez and if I could swap Gueye for him in terms of transfer fee id do it in a heartbeat

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app
You know what this is spot on. If its 25m bite their hands off.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 03:23:03 AM by Martip »

February 19, 2019, 08:29:13 PM
Reply #18

Martip

All over Gomes for anything around 30m me.

February 19, 2019, 11:36:21 PM
Reply #19

Martip

It was said at the start of this whole endeavour - bad move, flatters to deceive, not a great player.

Have we moved on from that based on his showing?

If we spend 30 on this Littlewoods model we deserve everything we get.
Have faith brap he 'll come good with better around him and better shape

February 20, 2019, 01:04:40 AM
Reply #20

Martip

It is but is he a player we really need

I tend to think heís 1 who drifts to the mean. Heíd look decent in a decent side but not really elevate us a level (whatever level we might be at)
Iíve no problem with us signing him but I wouldnít be too upset if we passed on him either
You know what I think he is the player we need IF we sort the shit out around him in the sense that he's so comfortable on the ball so brings much needed composure.

If he went to spurs for example he d smash it.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 01:10:13 AM by Martip »

February 20, 2019, 01:12:35 AM
Reply #21

Martip

Kinell.

Bernard was on a free by the way and heís sound.

Donít even know who youíre talking about with the 28mil.
Mina?

February 20, 2019, 01:15:24 AM
Reply #22

Martip

Walcott and Rich, like Bernard, got mixed up between Theo's age and his fee, must be depression.
I feel your pain  :thumbsup:

February 20, 2019, 01:17:46 AM
Reply #23

Martip

Whatís to say we canít sign both?

Iím hoping for two midfielders in along with Gomes myself.
Assuming we sell gana who d you reckon we should go for ?

February 22, 2019, 03:04:07 PM
Reply #24

Martip

Iím not disagreeing with you. I did say itís not the main problem.

But I do think itís an underlying problem that has been growing for the last ~3 seasons that people underrate.
For me the problems are a combination of the two. The confidence is low as Silva as so far been unable to find a defensive system that enables us to defend set pieces or a midfield that can both attack and defend in a football match. With the players we have at our disposal both of these should be possible and anyone that says otherwise is being naive imo.

I totally agree that we lack leaders and of course it is relevant....after we concede a goal it doesn't look like the 11 could get a hard on between them (other than maybe pickford who you'd assume would shoot too early in over excitment).

March 12, 2019, 03:16:30 AM
Reply #25

Martip

Still dependant on fee and wages for me.

Would like to see him in a three as well where he can just be pretty and fancy and occasionally slip through players like an oiled ferret.
I think we ll regret it if we let him slip through our fingers.