November 19, 2018, 05:37:30 PM

Author Topic: Goodison for Gomes?  (Read 23139 times)

August 09, 2018, 03:18:32 PM
Reply #60

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Wolves should never be the barometer on any of our targets. Get a grip.   

Mad init.

There’s no strategy there. They’re just signing players off an agent.

Good players like but it could easily fall apart there.

August 09, 2018, 03:20:04 PM
Reply #61

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Mad init.

There’s no strategy there. They’re just signing players off an agent.

Good players like but it could easily fall apart there.

Absolutely. I’ve given my wolves season prediction in the matchday thread.

If wolves target someone we’re trying to buy then I’d suggest someone at EFC needs to do their homework and we’re targeting the wrong player.

August 09, 2018, 03:23:20 PM
Reply #62

Lxxx

Wolves also signed Traore for £18m - bargain

If you're looking for a sprinter maybe, not a footballer.

August 09, 2018, 03:33:12 PM
Reply #63

bluestevie

Wolves will either manage to get midtable or completelly QPR it and end up relegated but February. My gut felling is they'll be more QPR than Burnley.

As I said in the other clubs transfer thread, Wolves are playing a dangerous game with the money they are throwing about, they need to click into gear straight away (starting after our game on Saturday) or they will struggle
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson

August 09, 2018, 03:41:05 PM
Reply #64

Lxxx

As I said in the other clubs transfer thread, Wolves are playing a dangerous game with the money they are throwing about, they need to click into gear straight away (starting after our game on Saturday) or they will struggle

Not really. Think they have more than enough quality in there to survive. They'll also have the bounce that all new teams have early on which carries a lot of promoted clubs through for when the inevitable plateau occurs.

August 09, 2018, 03:47:39 PM
Reply #65

stirlingblue

They’re more likely to hit the ground running than we are.

They’re coming off the back of a season of mostly winning, we’re off the back of a season of mostly losing.

The difference can do wonders for confidence, as the Goodison crowd will get on the teams back faster if we concede a goal.

August 09, 2018, 03:49:57 PM
Reply #66

bluestevie

Not really. Think they have more than enough quality in there to survive. They'll also have the bounce that all new teams have early on which carries a lot of promoted clubs through for when the inevitable plateau occurs.

They'll stay up don't get me wrong, they've a far stronger side than Cardiff and as strong as Fulham but they will have a wobble mid season like they did last year when they were dropping points left right and centre allowing rivals to catch them up, once they snapped out of it they cruised to the title
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson

August 09, 2018, 03:51:46 PM
Reply #67

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
They’re more likely to hit the ground running than we are.

They’re coming off the back of a season of mostly winning, we’re off the back of a season of mostly losing.

The difference can do wonders for confidence, as the Goodison crowd will get on the teams back faster if we concede a goal.

yeah, good job we're at Molineux

August 09, 2018, 04:29:25 PM
Reply #68

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Wolves top 10 deffo, will come above West Ham.

Leicester we need to worry about. More really good recruitment from them. Consistently buying well is better then the up and down high-risk peaks and troughs weve seen elsewhere (that are hopefully over for us).
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 09, 2018, 04:33:02 PM
Reply #69

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Wolves top 10 deffo, will come above West Ham.

Leicester we need to worry about. More really good recruitment from them. Consistently buying well is better then the up and down high-risk peaks and troughs weve seen elsewhere (that are hopefully over for us).

Signed two centre halves I’ve never heard of and I know because it’s Leicester they’re going to be the business. Maddison and perriera are two very good signings as well.

Got a manager who regularly gets teams in the top 8 too so they’re my main worry in terms of teams below us. 

August 09, 2018, 04:34:23 PM
Reply #70

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Signed two centre halves I’ve never heard of and I know because it’s Leicester they’re going to be the business. Maddison and perriera are two very good signings as well.

Got a manager who regularly gets teams in the top 8 too so they’re my main worry in terms of teams below us. 

Part of me thinks take a last minute hit on Vardy just to derail them.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 09, 2018, 05:03:23 PM
Reply #71

KoemansNumberTens

Data collection was iffy at best during Pienaar and Arteta's early seasons.

I doubt there's anything meaningful to look at for either player aside from goals, assists, and maybe some data on shots.

What about iniesta? Seems like a daft request (given he’s undoubtably 1 of the greatest of all time) but his goals and assists output were always quite poor

Did his graphs look like that of a worldbeater

August 09, 2018, 05:07:55 PM
Reply #72

KoemansNumberTens

If you're looking for a sprinter maybe, not a footballer.

Remember him playing against us a couple of years ago (for boro or villa maybe) we couldn’t stop him. He’d just run past 3 or 4 of our players then out of play with it. He’ll be a phenomenal player if he ever develops some sense. It will probably never happen though

August 09, 2018, 05:28:10 PM
Reply #73

D_murph0278

Wolves should never be the barometer on any of our targets. Get a grip.

I'm on about a club that actively looks for Portuguese talent. Rio Patricio, joao moutinho, Ruben neves etc. They haven't gone near Andre Gomes. 
All 3 of the above signings would be decent for Everton.
"One for Lineker to chase and just look at his pace."

August 09, 2018, 05:30:36 PM
Reply #74

Normm

All players hit a lean patch - especially when they are not called on so often. I think he could invigorate his career under Silva and rediscover his best form. Apparently, he suffered an injury during Barcelona's pre-season tour of the U.S. and may be out until September. That's OK, as it will give him time to settle. It's a 'Yes' from me.

A permanent move would be better - without any buy-back clause!