December 16, 2018, 02:17:32 AM

Author Topic: Goodison for Gomes?  (Read 31658 times)

October 29, 2018, 01:40:37 AM
Reply #345

Martip

Euros I'd imagine
I 'll happily accept the answer in euros or GBP....

October 29, 2018, 01:41:26 AM
Reply #346

van der Meyde

He's shown some nice touches, but it feels like you all like him more than I do.

I'm not being facetious, but what do you all like about him? He definitely plays the simple ball well but I'm not sure Ive seen much more than that personally...

October 29, 2018, 01:45:25 AM
Reply #347

Shogun

Administrator
He's shown some nice touches, but it feels like you all like him more than I do.

I'm not being facetious, but what do you all like about him? He definitely plays the simple ball well but I'm not sure Ive seen much more than that personally...

Numerous times he moved forward with the ball fighting off two or three United players and then making the right pass forward, the major difference between him and Schneiderlin.

Similar to Spurs' Dembele imo.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

October 29, 2018, 01:53:40 AM
Reply #348

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber

Thought today in particular he was strong on the ball and looked to make good passes. Dropped back into that role that MS is meant to to help out the CBs and once again put in a draining shift which is why he was knackered at the end. He's not up to speed yet either.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

October 29, 2018, 01:53:57 AM
Reply #349

Macca77

What sort of money do you reckon he'd cost ?

Read somewhere that the buyout clause is 60 million euros

October 29, 2018, 02:04:58 AM
Reply #350

Toffee_4_Life

Read somewhere that the buyout clause is 60 million euros

All Spanish contracts have buy out clauses and they're usually ridiculous. Barca were actively looking to sell him this summer, no way he costs close to 60mill

October 29, 2018, 02:12:51 AM
Reply #351

Makis

He moves the ball forward and his passing is definitely not simple. There were for instance couple of good long balls to the left wing. He was looking for the forward pass and burst forward well himself on a few occasions. Strong on the ball as someone else said, very hard to dispossess. Also decent in the air. Looks like an upgraded Barry to me.

And this is a guy playing his second match after an injury having missed the entire pre-season.

October 29, 2018, 02:44:40 AM
Reply #352

Heisenberg

He moves the ball forward and his passing is definitely not simple. There were for instance couple of good long balls to the left wing. He was looking for the forward pass and burst forward well himself on a few occasions. Strong on the ball as someone else said, very hard to dispossess. Also decent in the air. Looks like an upgraded Barry to me.

And this is a guy playing his second match after an injury having missed the entire pre-season.

To add, he Always wants the ball. Seems to dictate our play. Will be very important player for us, links the team nicely

October 29, 2018, 03:50:21 AM
Reply #353

School of Science

Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

October 29, 2018, 04:14:19 AM
Reply #354

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah, I'm definitely in the minority here :)

He was ok, I thought he went missing at times and I'd like him to be a bit more positive with the ball.

Glad everyone else loves him though. My greatest mistake so far was not particularly liking Pienaar for a few games when we first got him, so maybe this will be up there with that.

I don't mind him, just think he could do more while understanding he's been out for a long while.

October 29, 2018, 04:34:17 AM
Reply #355

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I like him, but he needs to show more before we start talking about signing him.

Just been listening to the post match blueroom podcast and they’re going on like he ran the show.

Didn’t see that myself, but some good signs, especially the way he can drive with the ball.

October 29, 2018, 01:56:36 PM
Reply #356

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I like him, but he needs to show more before we start talking about signing him.

Just been listening to the post match blueroom podcast and they’re going on like he ran the show.

Didn’t see that myself, but some good signs, especially the way he can drive with the ball.

Yeah a lot of the praise is really premature and a bit over the top.

He looks like he doesn’t flap easily when pressed, and he looks like when he wants to he can go past a man, but he is actually yet to *do* anything.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 29, 2018, 02:17:16 PM
Reply #357

Macca77

I honestly think he's already shown enough in the two games he's played, I mean he actually passes the ball forward ffs!

October 29, 2018, 03:04:48 PM
Reply #358

Martip

I don't think we should understate the composure he brings to the midfield which we lack when either Davies or Morgan start. This brings confidence to the whole team but in particular the defence.

Also it was a joy to behold to see a player driving forward from central midfield which his something we haven't really seen since barkley's departure.

He's going to be one of those players who's actual keystats don't reflect what he brings to the table.....

October 29, 2018, 03:19:16 PM
Reply #359

Lxxx

I like that fact he looked comfortable under pressure, compared to our other midfielders who panic and try to offload the ball whenever they're in a tight spot. I thought him and Gana worked well together and if we had centre forward who could hold onto the ball and give us a platform to play off we wouldn't have looked quite so exposed in the centre as we often did.