September 21, 2019, 08:57:36 PM

Author Topic: Goodison for Gomes?  (Read 119072 times)

November 02, 2018, 01:00:22 AM
Reply #405

Dr. Sponge

Individual stats of a player are secondary when building a team. After just two games, he seems exactly what we were needing in CM. Fingers crossed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

November 02, 2018, 01:16:27 AM
Reply #406

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
You willing to change your mind over the course of a season or have the numbers already spoke?

Oh like that is it :hmph:
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 02, 2018, 01:50:59 AM
Reply #407

kramer0

You willing to change your mind over the course of a season or have the numbers already spoke?

Very willing to change my mind.

It's just that he has to do a lot more than he's shown at any point in his career to be worth top money and I don't expect him to do that.

November 02, 2018, 01:55:58 AM
Reply #408

D15TIN

It's just that he has to do a lot more than he's shown at any point in his career to be worth top money and I don't expect him to do that.

Really don't think we'll be paying above 25-30mill for him, Barca seem reasonable enough to do business with, id be surprised if he wasn't here next season, if he continues his form

November 02, 2018, 02:00:03 AM
Reply #409

Bluedylan

Long season lads, and we have very little information to base such opinions on. Let's see how he gets on with the season, and the winter slog in the Prem.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

November 02, 2018, 02:00:55 AM
Reply #410

Shogun

Administrator

A career you've seen nothing of.

November 02, 2018, 02:10:22 AM
Reply #411

Macca77

He's ours lads, whatever the price, sexy bastard

November 02, 2018, 02:11:24 AM
Reply #412

gizzblue

Anybody who ever watched football before should be able to tell he's streets ahead of our midfield even on two games .

Hope he continues  and we buy him it's the direction we need to be going ...plus M&M know their onions so I would expect to be robbing barca off too :thumbsup:
Born not made a blue .

November 02, 2018, 02:14:27 AM
Reply #413

Mouse

NSNO Subscriber

Can't really argue as, before he came to us, I'd seen nothing of him. But...if Nuno saw enough to take him from Benfica to Valencia and then Barca saw enough to pay 30M plus for him then it does seem he must have shown something at some point in his career.

Personally, I really like the look of him but, as I've said before, I thought Schneiderlin was something of a Rolls Royce when he first played for us. What do I know?

He's played a couple of games and hasn't looked out of place while still finding his feet in the Premier League. Let's give him at least until January before we venerate or denigrate.
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.

November 02, 2018, 05:16:24 AM
Reply #414

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

To be worth Sig money hed have to be like a really fucking good centre mid. Naingollan was about 40m I think.

If he carries on his hes going and we get him for like 20-30m Id be sound with that. But hed have to be truly outstanding for Sig money.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 02, 2018, 02:56:04 PM
Reply #415

stirlingblue

The only thing Ive seen in the two games to justify the excitement was the through ball to Walcott against Palace.

Other than that hes been neat and tidy whilst playing it relatively safe. If his surname was smith and he didnt play for Barcelona Im not sure youd all be so keen to spunk 30+ million on him.

November 02, 2018, 03:03:23 PM
Reply #416

Bluedylan

I'm not sure the 'if he was ugly' or 'if his surname was Smith' stuff is particularly fair or valid tbh. People have been genuinely impressed by his composure on the ball, his stature and his willingness to put a foot in.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

November 02, 2018, 03:15:16 PM
Reply #417

Jamokachi

The only thing Ive seen in the two games to justify the excitement was the through ball to Walcott against Palace.

That was Gylfi.

November 02, 2018, 03:17:11 PM
Reply #418

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
I'm not sure the 'if he was ugly' or 'if his surname was Smith' stuff is particularly fair or valid tbh. People have been genuinely impressed by his composure on the ball, his stature and his willingness to put a foot in.

It's not. There's definitely a good player there, one who will really compliment our midfield. You can see the quality there
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

November 02, 2018, 03:30:13 PM
Reply #419

Macca77

Wouldn't arse me one little bit if we had to break our transfer record to sign him.