October 21, 2019, 11:51:57 AM

Author Topic: Goodison for Gomes?  (Read 122050 times)

December 06, 2018, 04:00:02 PM
Reply #600

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

Aye, Lxxx. Lad's been spoiled with Messi and Suarez etc getting on the end of things and them NOT turning around and going back to a defender then to the keeper, but beating a man and thumping it into the net :D Bit different at Everton at the mo. For now!!!! We need someone who will terrify defenders, and free up our other players.

Surely Brands et al have got their eyes on someone in January? Our ITKs will have to do some sniffing....
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 04:03:58 PM by The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool »

December 06, 2018, 04:01:56 PM
Reply #601

Macca77

Donít get me started on Sig!

Our best player so far this season, had an off day yesterday, like most of them

December 06, 2018, 04:04:32 PM
Reply #602

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
How fucking BORING you are Brap.
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lŠ Everton!

December 06, 2018, 04:09:22 PM
Reply #603

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
What have I said thatís so wrong? Mad mentality this you know.

I havenít even directly criticised him! Just on last nights showing, which we know already, we donít have enough creativity in midfield.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 06, 2018, 04:10:32 PM
Reply #604

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
What have I said thatís so wrong? Mad mentality this you know.

I havenít even directly criticised him! Just on last nights showing, which we know already, we donít have enough creativity in midfield.

Thatís true, but there were four other midfielders on the pitch and you seem to be putting all the blame on Gomes, when he was actually the most progressive player on the park.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

December 06, 2018, 04:26:56 PM
Reply #605

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Thatís true, but there were four other midfielders on the pitch and you seem to be putting all the blame on Gomes, when he was actually the most progressive player on the park.

Because heís the one weíre considering spending 30m+ on!

Sigurdsson Iíve made my feelings clear on.

Tosun Iíve made my feelings clear on.

Lookman has a bad game and the case for starting Walcott became a bit clearer imo.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 06, 2018, 04:30:22 PM
Reply #606

Martip

Gomes is right up there as one of our most important players imo and we d realise how important if wenwere to loose him and bring months likes of Davies, Morgan.

December 06, 2018, 04:32:57 PM
Reply #607

Macca77

Said it a few times, if we need to break the bank to sign him then do it, we have the money.

December 06, 2018, 05:13:08 PM
Reply #608

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Because heís the one weíre considering spending 30m+ on!

Sigurdsson Iíve made my feelings clear on.

Tosun Iíve made my feelings clear on.

Lookman has a bad game and the case for starting Walcott became a bit clearer imo.

But he has so much more to offer in other aspects of his game.

You really watched him last night and came away thinking heís not progressive enough?

« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 05:16:26 PM by TheRam »
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

December 06, 2018, 07:05:44 PM
Reply #609

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
But he has so much more to offer in other aspects of his game.

You really watched him last night and came away thinking heís not progressive enough?

I thought the side in general is not progressive enough yeah. Bad at breaking down a low block and relying on smashing crosses in.

Heís our main cm tasked with driving forward and setting up attacks.

I think heíll work well in a counter attacking side but when weíre dominating the ball at home, itís a war of attrition. Could just as easily be in the silva tactics thread.

I honestly feel last nights game is interesting viewed through the prism of the convo you started actually - heís tasty but is he progressive enough with the ball?

Going to be honest, the thing thatís followed him around his career so far is that he flatters to deceive. I think itís a BIT unfair, but if weíre talking about spending big money on a peak age CM...what do you need him to do in this side?

December 06, 2018, 07:16:39 PM
Reply #610

Trowel

As Lxxx said, he was constantly looking forward and playing balls which broke the Newcastle lines, only for our front men to screw up with their touch.

You wouldn't criticise the Hermes sorting office because their delivery men have left your parcel in the hedge. Again.
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

December 06, 2018, 07:45:16 PM
Reply #611

di_guyo

Gomes was not the problem last night, the lack of imagination around him was.

Siggy, as good as he has been, is a goalscorer...not quite got what it takes to break a solid backline like a more traditional number 10. In games like that, you're looking to him for that 25 yarder...otherwise, you need more creativity in there. Doesn't help him either when those around him aren't making great runs either though.
Everton & Atleti

December 06, 2018, 08:02:09 PM
Reply #612

Bluedylan

Been shite on here lately. Fed up reading the same person giving self-important, OTT, contrarian opinions all the time. Is it fucking boring, Lizz.

''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

December 06, 2018, 08:06:06 PM
Reply #613

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Iíll try not to contribute to this thread for a bit then, honestly thought last night was interesting but Iím clearly flogging a dead horse and doing peoples heads in and Iíve been on here far too long to want to be Milky.

If you think my motivations are anything other than wanting the best for Everton fc then Iíve wasted a great deal of time on here.

December 06, 2018, 08:08:07 PM
Reply #614

Lxxx

One particular criticism of Gomes last night is that it opened up for him a few times to get a shot off but he neglected to have a pop, or even get his head up to note the opportunity. It didn't look like it even entered his thinking, or any of our players for that matter, that in a tight game with a five man defence an effort from outside the box might be a decent way to force the issue and make something happen.

We're really poor in general at this and only really have an rare worldie from Sig to show for it whereas we need to be varying our efforts at goal, if we don't have a natural goalscorer in the team.