June 07, 2020, 09:54:27 AM

Author Topic: Goodison for Gomes?  (Read 164191 times)

March 02, 2020, 07:04:30 PM
Reply #210

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Remember when people said he was weak mentally and therefore he might not recover well.

Fucking bell ends.

Sent from my SM-G970W using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Stand by it, legitimate concern that is being paraphrased incorrectly.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

March 03, 2020, 09:26:13 AM
Reply #211

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Not all high and mighty at all.

Just think that type of speculation is absolute bullshit tbh. Someone having struggled with mental health doesnt mean they'll struggle at every challenge they face. Add that to the fact that none of us actually know much about him at all and I think it was largely uneducated speculation.

Dont think it needs to be dressed up as people being concerned for him because everyone was. Lots of stuff on here that he won't recover mentally and all that and will struggle to recover at all as a result.

Sent from my SM-G970W using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Was and remains a legitimate concern.

Also because he is back playing does not = back and fully recovered and is and shall be the same player btw. These injuries can manifest problems in lots of different ways. He might be a hard slower. He might get injuries in that leg. He might get injuries elsewhere as his body struggles to redistribute the load subconsciously. He might suffer pain or numbness or anything that we never hear about. It's also possible that he is just back and everything is fine.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

March 09, 2020, 02:15:10 AM
Reply #212

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Best thing I could say is err, it's like he's never been away innit

March 09, 2020, 04:09:48 AM
Reply #213

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
He wasn't that good at Valencia and that was when he was at his best.

The good news is of course that he's now much older and has had a serious injury so you know.

Listen god bless the fella, he seems a nice man and I'm glad he's back but i cannot wait until we have a real midfield.

March 09, 2020, 04:33:31 AM
Reply #214

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
You dont fancy giving him more than a couple games after the horror injury before making a definitive judgement ?

I have his entire career before the injury too, which if you look at would make his general standard for us not at all surprising (sorta OK but ina stylish way).

Unless you think maybe the bad injury and 100 days out of football somehow improved him?

March 09, 2020, 05:21:03 AM
Reply #215

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Tbf you ve never liked him so it's not knee jerk I know, but I didnt agree with the initial assessment.

For me when on song, he offers something none of our players can....ball retention and calm, hence why he peaked Barcas interest.

Hes our best midfielder but surrounded by utter shit atm and has a lot more to offer.

I do want to like him he's just so ineffective. What kind of midfielder is he supposed to be? We play him like schneiderlin as a 6, so did Silva. I thought he was supposed to be a shuttling dribbler who switched play and progressed the ball?

Looks like a worse schneiderlin who can dribble sideways better for us and has done for most of his performances for us

Was the only one of our midfielders to make a tackle today which is quite something however I'll say that.