October 21, 2019, 04:26:15 AM

Author Topic: Goodison for Gomes?  (Read 122014 times)

April 07, 2019, 10:29:26 PM
Reply #1005

Macca77

He's superb, we need to sign him

April 07, 2019, 10:30:26 PM
Reply #1006

GrantyBoy78

I think his style is bringing out creativity in others. Sigurdsson, Richarlison and Calvert Lewin all seem to be benefitting.
He’s got a touch of Dembélé about him.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

April 07, 2019, 10:33:22 PM
Reply #1007

blue1948

Today shows how stats can be so misleading
We had less possession Bernard done fuck all ,Coleman done fuck all ,in fact no one did fuck all except the oldest scorer in the prem. this season .I rest my case .

April 07, 2019, 10:38:41 PM
Reply #1008

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

Very good comparison that.

He was another player who’s stats across the park were less than impressive but anyone could see what a great player he was.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

April 07, 2019, 10:38:56 PM
Reply #1009

Silas

NSNO Subscriber

He holds it and drives forward like Dembélé for sure

April 07, 2019, 10:57:21 PM
Reply #1010

Cozzie

It's like he never loses the ball.

It's one of my favorite things about his style.

Deffo think game by game it's becoming more apparent we need to sign him.

April 07, 2019, 11:03:30 PM
Reply #1011

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I was starting to wonder about him but the last few games have shown how his stats don't always stack up well. It's often what he does deeper in the park, picking up the ball, winning it, protecting it then making the pass or drawing a foul. That and a couple of his long passes were superb today. He'll never be a player who's game is built on goals and assists but it doesn't mean he isn't very good.

I think he can still be more progressive with his passing sometimes, I know it doesn't seem like it but he doesn't pass forward very often during a game compared to average prem midfielders, but he does clearly have the quality to do so when you look at some of them switches in play today.

But what can you say, maybe another midfielder with that sort of passing or gylfi increasing his passes would sort it, and you have to say when he's on song he's a joy to watch.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

April 07, 2019, 11:07:03 PM
Reply #1012

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
As @Rhys said to me today, it’s like the games in slow motion (in a good way) when he’s playing.

One of the most intangibles in football is finding players who fit the environment, both of the club but also the league in general.

I think he does that with physicality, ability to use both feet and time on the ball.

Calming the hurly burly of the PL is very difficult and should be considered when looking at stats from players from different leagues.

April 07, 2019, 11:14:42 PM
Reply #1013

74Blue

As @Rhys said to me today, it’s like the games in slow motion (in a good way) when he’s playing.

One of the most intangibles in football is finding players who fit the environment, both of the club but also the league in general.

I think he does that with physicality, ability to use both feet and time on the ball.

Calming the hurly burly of the PL is very difficult and should be considered when looking at stats from players from different leagues.
That pretty much hits the nail on the head when analysing Gomes. It looks effortless and he just oozes class. Having someone like Gana next to him to do all the dirty work helps him immensely, but give him the ball and you can pretty much guarantee  it going straight to another royal blue shirt.
If we can secure him permanently in the summer and get him a full pre-season, I think he will be an absolute bargain.

April 07, 2019, 11:18:27 PM
Reply #1014

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Re your second paragraph I do agree, finding someone who buys into the manager and seems to fit the culture and dressing room, hard to put a financial or statistical figure on it but it's so important.

We just need to make sure that open play creativity comes from somewhere, because it is still an issue.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

April 07, 2019, 11:23:02 PM
Reply #1015

Macca77

I'm amazed that some Everton fans don't rate him, absolutely clueless. We need to sign him, we have to sign him, simple as that really

April 07, 2019, 11:24:02 PM
Reply #1016

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Re your second paragraph I do agree, finding someone who buys into the manager and seems to fit the culture and dressing room, hard to put a financial or statistical figure on it but it's so important.

We just need to make sure that open play creativity comes from somewhere, because it is still an issue.

Yes, just something I think that decision makers will be aware of.

April 08, 2019, 12:31:27 AM
Reply #1017

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
People saying Gueye next to him his doing all the dirty work isnt giving enough respect the the sheer amount of off the ball work Gomes does.

April 08, 2019, 12:35:15 AM
Reply #1018

Juanito

This shows why we need to sign him. We have been crying out for a physical number 8 who can dictate the tempo of a game and stand head and shoulders above the opposition. (Liverpool away, Arsenal at home) This is a key factor in our record against the top 6. Games won in the middle of the park.

April 08, 2019, 12:46:15 AM
Reply #1019

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Saw the other day that he’d lost the ball 3rd most times in PL.

Was behind Barkley and Pogba, but that suggested players that are prepared to take the ball and move with it in the most congested part of the pitch