October 18, 2019, 09:57:45 PM

Author Topic: Goodison for Gomes?  (Read 121778 times)

April 08, 2019, 12:51:20 AM
Reply #1020

74Blue

People saying Gueye next to him his doing all the dirty work isnt giving enough respect the the sheer amount of off the ball work Gomes does.
It doesn't go completely unnoticed,  but Gana does complement him perfectly in the middle. He's a proper little terrier, constantly battling away winning tackle after tackle, and that does give Gomes a lot more chance to show his class with the ball at his feet.

April 08, 2019, 12:52:16 AM
Reply #1021

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
It's like he never loses the ball.

It's one of my favorite things about his style.

Deffo think game by game it's becoming more apparent we need to sign him.

True, but game by game I reckon his price goes up a couple of million, hope we are willing to pay 40 odd million for him ?

April 08, 2019, 12:57:06 AM
Reply #1022

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Saw the other day that heíd lost the ball 3rd most times in PL.

Was behind Barkley and Pogba, but that suggested players that are prepared to take the ball and move with it in the most congested part of the pitch

Saw a similar stat about Richarlison.

He was behind zaha and Salah so I disregarded it.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

April 08, 2019, 12:58:54 AM
Reply #1023

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
True, but game by game I reckon his price goes up a couple of million, hope we are willing to pay 40 odd million for him ?

That doesnít happen.

A few good performances wonít hike up his value.

Itíll be boxed for the 20-25 mil mooted when we signed him
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

April 08, 2019, 12:59:44 AM
Reply #1024

74Blue

You would hope that we have already held some dicussions with Barcelona about his future, and that we would already have a pretty good idea of their asking price. In an ideal world, we'd already have the deal agreed in principle, with just a couple of signatures required to make it happen as soon as the window opens. The player has made it quite clear that he's happy to stay, we want him to stay, Barcelona want him off their hands, so the deal is there to be done.
The way that Brands has conducted his business so far suggests that he is smart enough to have already asked the question of Barcelona and it's probably just a formality now.

April 08, 2019, 01:00:03 AM
Reply #1025

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

Being willing to keep going is a massive asset to have.

Itís not just blind optimism but it is very hard to keep going when the crowd starts moaning.

Zaha can do what he wants at Palace but players for us get hammered for stuff like that, so itís encouraging of players get through it.

April 08, 2019, 01:13:01 AM
Reply #1026

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Saw the other day that heíd lost the ball 3rd most times in PL.

Was behind Barkley and Pogba, but that suggested players that are prepared to take the ball and move with it in the most congested part of the pitch

He also will take 4 touches when 2 will do a lot because he is so good at evading pressure that he likes to invite it on.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

April 08, 2019, 01:15:44 AM
Reply #1027

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
That doesnít happen.

A few good performances wonít hike up his value.

Itíll be boxed for the 20-25 mil mooted when we signed him

He would be an absolute snip at 20-30 million compared to Koemans signings 

April 08, 2019, 01:16:47 AM
Reply #1028

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Seen the same, I think it matches the eye tho to be fair. The situations in which those players lose the ball is slightly different but not a million miles away.

Think Richarlison has been a lot better on the ball recently though, burgeoning connection with Coleman too. Looking for each other constantly, and no matter how Richarlison plays he always finds a way to sniff out at least one good chance.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

April 08, 2019, 01:20:49 AM
Reply #1029

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
He also will take 4 touches when 2 will do a lot because he is so good at evading pressure that he likes to invite it on.

Yes - choosing to believe that this will phase out with more awareness of PL wildness.

April 08, 2019, 01:37:03 AM
Reply #1030

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Seen the same, I think it matches the eye tho to be fair. The situations in which those players lose the ball is slightly different but not a million miles away.

Think Richarlison has been a lot better on the ball recently though, burgeoning connection with Coleman too. Looking for each other constantly, and no matter how Richarlison plays he always finds a way to sniff out at least one good chance.

Bernard's great but I reckon Richarlison is always going to be that player that can win you the game. Like a Mirallas x10

April 08, 2019, 01:42:05 AM
Reply #1031

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
I was starting to wonder about him but the last few games have shown how his stats don't always stack up well. It's often what he does deeper in the park, picking up the ball, winning it, protecting it then making the pass or drawing a foul. That and a couple of his long passes were superb today. He'll never be a player who's game is built on goals and assists but it doesn't mean he isn't very good.

Itís almost as if people need to watch a player rather than base things on stats.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

April 08, 2019, 01:46:50 AM
Reply #1032

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Bernard's great but I reckon Richarlison is always going to be that player that can win you the game. Like a Mirallas x10

Really good comparison and I can see him being that sort of Mirallas / Arnautovic player in the future (Arnie being Mirallas on steds).

April 08, 2019, 01:47:10 AM
Reply #1033

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Itís almost as if people need to watch a player rather than base things on stats.

Y not both

April 08, 2019, 01:49:59 AM
Reply #1034

gizzblue

Just love the way he cruises round the pitch breaking shit up turning players and finding quality passes also has the twat snide in him...fuck the stats get him signed imho.
Born not made a blue .