September 18, 2019, 08:36:50 PM

Author Topic: Goodison for Gomes?  (Read 118660 times)

April 08, 2019, 01:50:54 AM
Reply #1035

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

April 08, 2019, 04:43:06 AM
Reply #1036

Dr. Sponge

Re your second paragraph I do agree, finding someone who buys into the manager and seems to fit the culture and dressing room, hard to put a financial or statistical figure on it but it's so important.

We just need to make sure that open play creativity comes from somewhere, because it is still an issue.

We certainly created enough from open play today. 26 shots was it?

The balance has looked bad all season, especially with Sigurdsonís influence, but itís looking a lot better lately. Hard to say exactly what it is thatís changed, the whole team just looks far better.

Strange game isnít it.. could be that DCLs form is the catalyst we needed. Could be a change in the training camp. Fuck knows, but long may it continue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

April 08, 2019, 04:57:51 AM
Reply #1037

Bluedylan

Sign him. Them long switches were breathtaking. Watched it with a few lads, and my Spurs mate said he would love to sign him for their midfield. I dropped in the 'he's looking for a house on Merseyside' line to nip that one in the bud (hopefully).
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

April 08, 2019, 04:59:15 AM
Reply #1038

MmmblueBernard

Proper midfielder general. Got it all. Getting fully acclimatised in the prem now as well. Genuine top quality.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

April 08, 2019, 08:09:32 AM
Reply #1039

eyesalwaysblue

He's almost been too good as regards other clubs taking notice lately, hope Everton has got in his bones, suits us so well, would be a big blow to lose his influence but i think we'll go all out to secure him, hopefully anyway.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

April 08, 2019, 04:45:02 PM
Reply #1040

gizzblue

He's almost been too good as regards other clubs taking notice lately, hope Everton has got in his bones, suits us so well, would be a big blow to lose his influence but i think we'll go all out to secure him, hopefully anyway.

Be fucking gutted if we miss out on him.
Born not made a blue .

April 08, 2019, 05:18:07 PM
Reply #1041

TrevorSteven

I do not think that he will get too much attention from other clubs of following reasons:

1. He came to Everton after a horrible time at Barcelona. Gomes knows everything about how a bad spell is destroying life and for him every other move than to Everton would risk the upturn he has got at Goodision.

2. Even though he is a fantastic player he has some limitations to his game making him less attractive for top teams. He is lacking pace making it look like his work-rate is not that good. That will rule him out of most top teams maybe except Manchester City. He is linked with Tottenham but for me Andre Gomes is no Pocchetino-player.

I feel confident he is gonna stay - but without Idrissa (or someone like him) he will fade I think. For me Idrissa is the real gem in our squad...

April 08, 2019, 05:36:01 PM
Reply #1042

SANA_DR0

Best I've seen him play yesterday, If Gana stays and we can add someone more pacey and creative in Siggys (cough lookman cough) position, we'd have an awesome 3.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

April 08, 2019, 08:20:26 PM
Reply #1043

Evertonian in NC

Best I've seen him play yesterday, If Gana stays and we can add someone more pacey and creative in Siggys (cough lookman cough) position, we'd have an awesome 3.

I am hopeful that we at least rotate a bit next season, using Lookman and (if work permit gets done) Onyekuru.  Keep everyone fresh, maybe push on in at least one of the Cups, be more protected against one injury fucking us sideways.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

April 08, 2019, 08:51:18 PM
Reply #1044

MexicanToffee

Strange game isnít it.. could be that DCLs form is the catalyst we needed. Could be a change in the training camp. Fuck knows, but long may it continue.

I think you have hit the nail on the head. His running on and off the ball has improved exponentially. The pressure he is putting on the opposing defence, drawing them out of position and just being a thorn in their side has had a significant impact.
ďHe loved Everton, he loved being back at Goodison Park. He always said it was like going to church.Ē

April 08, 2019, 09:53:18 PM
Reply #1045

D15TIN

I'm not concerned about him not joining, I think it's probably already close to being in the bag - he loves Everton, and the problems he had at barca were from being under pressure at an elite level club,  I don't think he'll take that chance again after suffering a bit from mental health, Evertons the perfect club for people struggling like that

April 08, 2019, 10:04:20 PM
Reply #1046

bigmanbob

I'd never second guess what a modern footballer will do now a days, they live on a different planet, just get him signed up ASAP and this uncertainty goes away, same goes for Zouma

April 08, 2019, 10:54:50 PM
Reply #1047

Gary1878

NSNO Subscriber
I do not think that he will get too much attention from other clubs of following reasons:

1. He came to Everton after a horrible time at Barcelona. Gomes knows everything about how a bad spell is destroying life and for him every other move than to Everton would risk the upturn he has got at Goodision.

2. Even though he is a fantastic player he has some limitations to his game making him less attractive for top teams. He is lacking pace making it look like his work-rate is not that good. That will rule him out of most top teams maybe except Manchester City. He is linked with Tottenham but for me Andre Gomes is no Pocchetino-player.

I feel confident he is gonna stay - but without Idrissa (or someone like him) he will fade I think. For me Idrissa is the real gem in our squad...

About right this. However good Gomes is, Gueye is the one we will miss more than anyone, and is going to be awfully hard to replace if he goes.

April 09, 2019, 12:04:31 AM
Reply #1048

eyesalwaysblue

Gana has improved a lot this year, maybe with improved results he might just stay
I still despise Clive Thomas..

April 09, 2019, 12:12:05 AM
Reply #1049

NickNack

Can we actually sign Gomes now with him being on loan? If Wolves can do it with Jiminez....

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11684030/raul-jimenez-completes-permanent-wolves-move