October 15, 2019, 06:30:29 AM

Author Topic: Goodison for Gomes?  (Read 121191 times)

April 15, 2019, 01:52:19 AM
Reply #1080

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
What the fuck.

April 15, 2019, 02:36:37 AM
Reply #1081

Ross

It’s definitely not good that the “red mist” descends quickly. There’s been times he’s looked a liability during games when we’ve had our backs to the wall and needed to dig. Nothing wrong with being competitive but he’s looked out of control a few times.

Not sure how he was at Valencia before his failed move though so I’ve assumed he’s just trying to hard and he could settle down with this.   
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

April 15, 2019, 02:43:51 AM
Reply #1082

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
He's got bigger issues like
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

April 15, 2019, 04:17:10 PM
Reply #1083

sam of the south

He's got bigger issues like

What do you think they are?
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

April 15, 2019, 04:35:01 PM
Reply #1084

Macca77

I'm made up that he's got a bit of needle about him, nothing wrong with that at all

April 15, 2019, 04:38:22 PM
Reply #1085

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
What do you think they are?

Well he's created less chances this year than declan rice who's basically a 20 odd year old centre half playing DM for a worse side than us. I know it's not his job because he's playing DM for us but as a comparison vs players in his position, he's objectively bad at it and I don't know why because he clearly can pass and dribble.

He's quite bad defensively, and although it doesn't seem like it because he's so calm in possession, he gives the ball away a lot in dangerous areas, as well as fouls. Against arsenal, arguably his best performance for us and a genuinely good one, no player on the pitch misplaced more passes in their own half, or gave away more fouls in their own half, or got dribbled past more.

Don't want to be slagging him off because I'm much more bought in to him than I originally was, and I do think his temper will land him with a red card soon but partly I think it's frustration at himself. He's clearly a bit sensitive and he seems to boil over when it's not going his way or he gets shut down.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

April 15, 2019, 10:15:30 PM
Reply #1086

SANA_DR0

I'm made up that he's got a bit of needle about him, nothing wrong with that at all

Needle is fine, but going in really late on a player, is very dangerous.. we've had Coleman who has been out for a year cos of a similar challenge on him..
to me it seems like his needle is there when we play shit, I love rough/hard tackling.. i use to love Horne/Ebbrel and Parkinson, hence why i'd like to see more of McCarthy.. that being said, they all go for the ball, if you go in for a strong challange and miss the ball and get the player oh well.. going in for the player after the ball has been passed on is pretty cowardly. theres a big difference there.

shame some of our fans cant see what Gomes did, and credit him for his needle,. when its actually very cowardly.
The fulham player could have had a serious injury or broken part of his leg/foot.

but its ok cos he has needle. smh

Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

April 15, 2019, 11:11:23 PM
Reply #1087

WeimaranerBlues

so no ban coming yet? surprised very surprised

April 15, 2019, 11:18:27 PM
Reply #1088

Macca77

Needle is fine, but going in really late on a player, is very dangerous.. we've had Coleman who has been out for a year cos of a similar challenge on him..
to me it seems like his needle is there when we play shit, I love rough/hard tackling.. i use to love Horne/Ebbrel and Parkinson, hence why i'd like to see more of McCarthy.. that being said, they all go for the ball, if you go in for a strong challange and miss the ball and get the player oh well.. going in for the player after the ball has been passed on is pretty cowardly. theres a big difference there.

shame some of our fans cant see what Gomes did, and credit him for his needle,. when its actually very cowardly.
The fulham player could have had a serious injury or broken part of his leg/foot.

but its ok cos he has needle. smh

Just point out the bit where I said it's ok? It wasn't a great tackle, did be mean it, who knows. Happens in most games. By needle I mean someone who isn't scared of getting stuck in, doesn't shy away from a tackle
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 11:23:39 PM by Macca77 »

April 15, 2019, 11:52:57 PM
Reply #1089

KoemansNumberTens

Well he's created less chances this year than declan rice who's basically a 20 odd year old centre half playing DM for a worse side than us. I know it's not his job because he's playing DM for us but as a comparison vs players in his position, he's objectively bad at it and I don't know why because he clearly can pass and dribble.

He's quite bad defensively, and although it doesn't seem like it because he's so calm in possession, he gives the ball away a lot in dangerous areas, as well as fouls. Against arsenal, arguably his best performance for us and a genuinely good one, no player on the pitch misplaced more passes in their own half, or gave away more fouls in their own half, or got dribbled past more.

Don't want to be slagging him off because I'm much more bought in to him than I originally was, and I do think his temper will land him with a red card soon but partly I think it's frustration at himself. He's clearly a bit sensitive and he seems to boil over when it's not going his way or he gets shut down.

He plays with an arrogance that says he thinks he won’t ever lose the ball. When he’s playing well it looks fantastic. When he’s off through like you say he loses time and time again in really poor areas

I really think he flatters to deceive. He’s pleasing on the eye but doesn’t do enough of anything

April 16, 2019, 12:22:39 AM
Reply #1090

D15TIN

Been banned for 3 games

Didn't see the game on Saturday, but the inconsistency from the FA is a joke. Everton are an easy target to them.

April 16, 2019, 12:41:49 AM
Reply #1091

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Arise sir Thomas Davies of West Derby parish.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

April 16, 2019, 12:48:26 AM
Reply #1092

Macca77

April 16, 2019, 01:15:11 AM
Reply #1093

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Been banned for 3 games

Didn't see the game on Saturday, but the inconsistency from the FA is a joke. Everton are an easy target to them.
Never in doubt that
Simply simply lovely

April 16, 2019, 01:40:01 AM
Reply #1094

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Doesn’t showing a bit of needle count as mitigating circumstances?