October 16, 2019, 04:31:54 PM

Author Topic: Goodison for Gomes?  (Read 121444 times)

May 13, 2019, 08:50:00 PM
Reply #1230

Waltzer

Isn't Gary Cahill leaving?

Forgot about that, but he'd pretty much been frozen out anyway and dont even think he was in any squads?

May 13, 2019, 09:30:06 PM
Reply #1231

Cereal Killer

Forgot about that, but he'd pretty much been frozen out anyway and dont even think he was in any squads?

Yeah that's like us being short a centre back because Ashley Williams is leaving, nobody will notice

May 13, 2019, 09:54:58 PM
Reply #1232

Evertonian in NC

Do you really think nobody wanted Lukaku at that age with his goals at West Brom and Everton?

IIRC, Lukaku told his agent and Chelsea - "get a deal done with Everton, I won't talk to anyone else."
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

May 13, 2019, 09:59:25 PM
Reply #1233

BlueBeagle

IIRC, Lukaku told his agent and Chelsea - "get a deal done with Everton, I won't talk to anyone else."

Course he did lolol

May 13, 2019, 10:01:29 PM
Reply #1234

Evertonian in NC

He most certainly did.  I read it in multiple media outlets at the time.  Of course, it was a harbinger for when he insisted on the United move (and nothing else).
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

May 13, 2019, 10:35:45 PM
Reply #1235

KoemansNumberTens

He most certainly did.  I read it in multiple media outlets at the time.  Of course, it was a harbinger for when he insisted on the United move (and nothing else).

He most certainly didnít. All he does is try and talk himself into bigger and bigger moves. Even now heís failed at Utd heís trying to spin it as him wanting a move. Thereís no way he said he wouldnít sign for juve or atletico to play for us

May 13, 2019, 10:36:54 PM
Reply #1236

KoemansNumberTens

Plus I read a thousand times that kenwright was paying for transfers out of his own pocket. Then it came out he hadnít put a penny in. Just cos itís in the press doesnít make it true

May 13, 2019, 11:27:42 PM
Reply #1237

Evertonian in NC

Got it.  It didn't happen because you don't like him.

IIRC, some of the reporting (after he was signed) came from the Chelsea camp.

May 13, 2019, 11:30:14 PM
Reply #1238

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber

I donít remember that tbh
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

May 13, 2019, 11:34:19 PM
Reply #1239

Ross

I seem to recall hearing something like that from Lukaku at the time.

The problem is though with Lukaku talk is cheap.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

May 13, 2019, 11:46:41 PM
Reply #1240

BlueBeagle

Are you that gullible mate?

I don't mind the lad, did a job for us no question and probably the best goalscorer we've had in 30 years, but to believe that Everton is the only club in the world he was interested in signing for is comical.

Even his fucking new agent came out and said he'd have never signed for Everton if said agent was managing him at the time (Raiola was it?)

Edit: Link - https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/everton/11514425/Romelu-Lukaku-would-never-have-joined-Everton-if-I-had-represented-him-says-strikers-new-agent.html
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 11:50:20 PM by BlueBeagle »

May 14, 2019, 12:31:52 AM
Reply #1241

D15TIN

Tbf to him, Lukaku says in his press conference with Martinez that ''if you want me to be honest I knew at the end of last season I was coming back" - its on youtube I think

May 14, 2019, 03:09:18 AM
Reply #1242

KoemansNumberTens

Got it.  It didn't happen because you don't like him.

IIRC, some of the reporting (after he was signed) came from the Chelsea camp.

It didnít happen because itís absolutely not who he is. He made us wait for him to sign. He spent his entire time here talking about his next move. Thereís absolutely no way heíd of refused a move to a champions league team instead of us

May 14, 2019, 04:04:37 AM
Reply #1243

Hesmenos

Regarding Lukaku, when he signed for us permanently we probably where the best team interested in him. We had just had a great season, playing some phenomenal football at times. We had a good core of talented young players and a genius of a manger who many on here where afraid might get poached by Barcelona. Plus he was guaranteed to start every game for us, which at the time was very important to him and was the reason he left Chelsea.

May 14, 2019, 11:18:29 AM
Reply #1244

Dr. Sponge

Hopeful of signing Gomes and Zouma, but doubtful.

Having Brands at the wheel makes me feel at ease with whatever we do in the summer.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums