October 16, 2019, 06:49:29 PM

Author Topic: Goodison for Gomes?  (Read 121463 times)

October 22, 2018, 03:26:51 AM
Read 121463 times

Ross

Didnít really impress much but then itís only his first game after a lay off.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

October 22, 2018, 07:01:41 PM
Reply #1

Ross

Thought he was a little ponderous on the ball. Palace didnít press so he had time on the ball but he took too much of it and allowed them to get their bus parked. Itís why bernard and Richardson hardly got a sniff.

Itís his first game and heíll will get better but hardly set the world alight against a very average Palace team

Exactly like the rest of the team really. The gushing praise seems a bit premeditated.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

October 22, 2018, 07:05:03 PM
Reply #2

Ross

he is incredibly handsome though

Peter Beardsley looked like he was born in the ugly tree and hit his face on every branch on the way out but he couldnít half play.

December 05, 2018, 06:38:23 AM
Reply #3

Ross

Portuguese beards one..Scouse facial fuzz nil

February 19, 2019, 08:28:11 PM
Reply #4

Ross

Iím not going on the player for Barcelona or the player we see now. Iím going on the standout player for Valencia, that earned a big money move to Barcelona. The player that was the best player on the park in the Derby. We are disjointed, have no structure, therefore he struggles, too.

I think he is the most talented player we have in our squad and the best footballer. Put him alongside a Barry with a manager who has a grasp of what he is trying to do and that 30 million is a bargain.

Youíve got to judge him on his form and recent past not on some season he played two and a half years ago.

Its not like youíd suggest not bringing a forward in this summer and giving Sandro another chance next season is it?

April 15, 2019, 02:36:37 AM
Reply #5

Ross

Itís definitely not good that the ďred mistĒ descends quickly. Thereís been times heís looked a liability during games when weíve had our backs to the wall and needed to dig. Nothing wrong with being competitive but heís looked out of control a few times.

Not sure how he was at Valencia before his failed move though so Iíve assumed heís just trying to hard and he could settle down with this.   

April 26, 2019, 06:42:52 PM
Reply #6

Ross

I expect the deals already sorted.

May 11, 2019, 03:43:45 PM
Reply #7

Ross

Canít really understand the logic that says Brands will have a list of alternatives and on it some who are better yet weíd be not be going for them first.

Surely youíd start at the top of the list at the player you thought was the very best and try and bring them in? If that failed move onto the next one and so on.

Anyway I personally think itís likely all agreed given whatís been said and the time both sides have had to size up each other. I expect itís just speculation helping fill up column inches like roughly 99% of transfer gossip. 

May 11, 2019, 04:10:55 PM
Reply #8

Ross

Gomes might not be at the top of Brandsí list now

But theyíve said they want him havenít they?

May 11, 2019, 06:51:45 PM
Reply #9

Ross

Might be someone more expensive? Maybe Gomes is first on the list. Who knows but heís not the be all and end all.

There might be a player Brands considers Ďbetterí but might cost £15m more. Or a player thatís generally of the same level as Gomes but doesnít speak English. Or another player whoís club will only consider negotiating to sell, once theyíve got their replacement.

There are so many variables and any DoF worth his salt will plan for every scenario.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

I think so, but theyíre not going to say otherwise unless he completely bombed during his spell.

Letís say Brands has two players on his CM/#8 list that he thinks are better than Gomes, but then neither want to come here; Brands would then be in a poor position if neither him nor Silva had previously expressed their interest in signing Gomes permanently.

The thing is the players ďon the listĒ that arenít willing to come or are to expensive will surely have already been crossed out? Thereís no point in still considering them as an alternative to Gomes is there?

Iíd expect conversations have already taken place between Brands and lots of agents of players weíd like and we know who attainable and whoís not, and the ones who arenít will have been crossed off. I like to think weíre a bit more professional now than the days of Steve Walsh meandering around Italy with a briefcase full of cash and a copy of football manager. 

May 13, 2019, 11:34:19 PM
Reply #10

Ross

I seem to recall hearing something like that from Lukaku at the time.

The problem is though with Lukaku talk is cheap.

May 26, 2019, 11:49:58 PM
Reply #11

Ross

Iíd be happy to see him come heís seemingly really bought into the club and done well in patches but I donít think heís the priority that Zouma should be.

Anything south of £20m though would be a great deal, and if we could offset that with selling Schneiderlin and Besic itís a no brainier really.