July 08, 2020, 05:58:13 PM

Author Topic: Goodison for Gomes?  (Read 171984 times)

August 14, 2019, 03:48:29 PM
Reply #30

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Itís not just Davies having to play, itís compounded by having to play Gbamin. Ideally, heíd be phased in over a few weeks. Adds a bit of pressure as weíve got games coming up weíd be expected to win.

Not ideal but Davies and Gbamin will be keen to impress.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

Yeah, not so worried about Davies as I am for Gbamin, he needs time to acclimatise to the Premier League, felt sorry for the guy on Saturday having to come on like that and not fully up to speed, he looked positively shocked when that first tackle went in on him, hope the crowd are patient with him and we donít hear too many groans.

November 04, 2019, 03:27:08 AM
Reply #31

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
100% behind him and i hope he gets all the help and support he needs and deserves 1000x over.

But with his fragility, age, build. From a selfish POV we shouldn't count on him playing another minute at the club.

EH ? Heís 26 FFS, and whatís with the fragility and build thing ?   Yes, could be a horrific compound fracture that keeps him out for 12 months, why would that preclude him from ever playing another minute at the club at 27 ? #drama queen

November 04, 2019, 03:30:39 AM
Reply #32

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Just because heís not a speed merchant doesnít mean heís not athletic. Iím a fitness coach, and a lot of Gomesí game relies on his explosive power and ability to twist and turn to come away with the ball in tight situations. Power and dynamic flexibility are important facets of athletic performance, and an injury like this will not be easy to overcome.

ďAn injury like this ď FFS, letís not bury him before a doctor has at least had a opportunity to look at him !

November 04, 2019, 11:31:08 PM
Reply #33

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Spurs have appealed the red card.

November 05, 2019, 03:39:15 AM
Reply #34

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Gomes' face there :(

Wow, thanks Con, that guy sounds like he knows his stuff, really educational ! Did my ankle ten years ago, had one of this countyís best Physios take me through recovery (ex army pti & physio to 2003 England rugby squad) to this day I have nerve damage that feels every now and then like someone is putting a cattle prod to my ankle, mostly at night in bed, feels like Iíve been tasered, have been told learn to live with it.

November 05, 2019, 01:13:26 PM
Reply #35

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Stan Collymore in the Express today reckons Son reaction completely OTT, says footballers nowadays do it as they think if they donít they will be vilified by the public and they end up getting more sympathy than the injured party, interesting thought.

November 05, 2019, 03:41:20 PM
Reply #36

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
This is what every club says about every player just after a major surgery. Whilst it may be entirely true it's not something to base any judgement on, seeing as no-one has any idea what the future holds.

Very often hear them say the surgery went well, canít recall a recent statement about surgery going ďextremelyĒ well, not well or very well, extremely well, that would suggest the repair was perhaps a little more straightforward than they originally anticipated.

November 05, 2019, 03:52:11 PM
Reply #37

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Heath came back ok after that Marwood tackle, especially in 86/87, Lineker keeping him out of the side the season before.

Jim Beglin suffered after a Gary Stevens challenge

You guys really do know your history !
Wish I had a memory for detail like that !

November 05, 2019, 09:52:29 PM
Reply #38

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 09:55:32 PM by Escla »

November 05, 2019, 11:26:03 PM
Reply #39

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Bet heíll play a blinder for Surs tomorrow against Belgrade, the tears will be long forgotten.

November 07, 2019, 11:33:08 PM
Reply #40

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Nah he won't be, bit of a stupid thing to say really

Just said it to make Son feel better and the media all over it in a sort of way to suggest ďsee, wasnít that bad at all, shame that Son was even sent off ď

November 08, 2019, 05:44:29 PM
Reply #41

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
This guy says back on the pitch 4 - 6 months

Back playing a year

Back to his old self, likely never 100%.

Thatís quite a professionally put together analysis, my worry is that Son May see this and start crying again, bless !

February 19, 2020, 05:05:49 PM
Reply #42

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Am I the only one who will be shitting it everytime he goes in for a tackle

Nope but Iím equally worried that it will be at the back of his mind too.