August 17, 2019, 09:36:27 PM

Author Topic: Goodison for Gomes?  (Read 115219 times)

October 22, 2018, 02:27:34 AM
Read 115219 times

penguinofdoom1878

Missed the first hour as I was watching the Cardiff Blues. He was good then yeah?

Cardiff Blues, my goodness I feel your pain and I support the Ospreys...that was a kit clash today as well!

As for Gomes, I think he'll be great the more minutes he gets under his belt...starting to look like an exciting side with a good bench

February 20, 2019, 03:38:27 PM
Reply #1

penguinofdoom1878

Ultimately I suppose I agree - if we can get him for a palatable fee which for me would be 25 and under, then I could swallow it.

Issue for me is that Everton take lots of gambles that don't ever seen to be thought through at all, and that's how we've ended up where we are. Every team does it to some extent but very few do it as fucking badly as Everton FC.

Re: output - disagree but I understand where you're coming from.

When he was playing well he was a good ball progressor which is something we severely lacked (for years), so I will definitely give him that if we are talking about output. He is press resistant true which helps us a lot, and he *seeeeems* to have all the tools to be genuinely very very good.

I just don't understand why we should persist or take risks on players we know deep down have a poor chance of success.

We've seen him play now and it turns out it was largely correct that he is OK and looks nice but ultimately meh....why not just go and buy an actually good player?

I would like us to buy an actual good player too, but is this part of our problem at the moment, we are not attractive enough for those kind of players. Apart from wages, club history (which modern players don't really care about) and maybe a we want to be here as a club we don't have much to offer those players, so we only appeal to the Gomes' or (back then anyway) Lukaku's someone that talented but want to use us at the moment as a stepping stone.

Wan-Bissaka would be a good signing for us, but would he view at the moment us as a move forward from Palace or stay there and wait for Man Utd, Tottenham or Man City etc...

I think our targets are probably

Potential/highly rated
Talented but a risk
Talented on the fringes at current club wanting to prove himself

June 15, 2019, 02:29:49 AM
Reply #2

penguinofdoom1878

Is this deal 100% confirmed by a 100% reliable source or are we going to be ambushed in the 11th hour again ?

no the club haven't said anything