November 29, 2020, 10:29:37 PM

Author Topic: Goodison for Gomes?  (Read 215338 times)

November 05, 2020, 01:44:58 AM
Reply #270

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Or if for instance if you gave him an hour to jog from the goalies line, to the edge of the box and back again and again, he'd manage it two and a half times. He wouldn't quite make the pen spot on that last one.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2020, 02:41:52 AM by brap2 »
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 05, 2020, 04:22:59 PM
Reply #271

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
opinions opinions opinions..is what it all boils down to...fans on a forum don't rate him...fair enough..everyones entitled to their opinion

Carlo Ancelotti one of the top managers in the world keeps picking him........?

Do you rate him?
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 05, 2020, 04:44:30 PM
Reply #272

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
there's the crux question thanks.. TBH i like him as a player....i rated him prior to the injury....he's struggled to impress since coming back from injury.....all players do after such an injury.....having said that i believe he played his part in the midfield set up in the first 7 games that we coincidently won and he played in....we've lost 2 on the trot and he appears to be the scapegoat for it....

Hope that answers your question?

I think if you were able to give me a number out of 10 I would feel a lot better

November 06, 2020, 02:47:07 AM
Reply #273

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Trigger warning : contains the shite*, and also is not interesting for most people and also is not really related to the thread subject but this is the latest thread to find it's way into "stats ey, what are they good for?" Territory. Apologies for my part in that.

Anyway, this is interesting re football and stats, and how the shite have used them to become unfortunately the best run club in the country with the best recruitment, and are now collecting silverware.

https://trainingground.guru/articles/ian-graham-the-one-currency-liverpool-use-to-judge-players
« Last Edit: November 06, 2020, 02:48:37 AM by brap2 »

November 06, 2020, 03:28:57 AM
Reply #274

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I wonder if our current approach is at all comparable?

It absolutely 100% is not in my opinion. It's basically the opposite.

November 06, 2020, 03:41:24 AM
Reply #275

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Sounds interesting. But in all honesty it will be a cold day in hell the day that I read something pro Tory redmen

Absolutely fair. I hated it.

Club with all the money in the world ran like a smaller, clever club. It's horrible.

November 06, 2020, 09:45:13 PM
Reply #276

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Edit : removed, felt like a knob ed and wasn't even funny
« Last Edit: November 06, 2020, 09:57:35 PM by brap2 »

November 07, 2020, 03:32:52 AM
Reply #277

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
If we just wanted to return to Andre Gomes 50 meters in one hour very quickly - young mister Iwobi beat this distance despite only coming on in the 77th minute.

November 07, 2020, 03:59:53 AM
Reply #278

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
By the times Andre Gomes does the 400metres how many times could a man read the entire works of Shakespeare?

Only the once, but he would have to wait for the team of monkeys on typewriters to get it written first.

November 17, 2020, 02:50:51 AM
Reply #279

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Wrong thread lol.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 02:55:17 AM by brap2 »