December 10, 2019, 08:29:27 AM

Author Topic: Goodison for Gomes?  (Read 139704 times)

November 07, 2019, 05:36:46 AM
Reply #195

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Need to move on from it. The narrative is set now, it's absolutely fucking bizarre, IMAGINE that had been a Liverpool player who's leg got snapped for one second please and think about how it would be handled.

Candlelight vigil for a player who saw his arse and broke someones leg from behind?? He'd be public enemy number 1.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 07, 2019, 06:36:12 AM
Reply #196

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
How has Son played the media perfectly again?

Public show of attrition, interview about how he has to be strong for his team. All forgotten, he's a hero.

How hasn't he?
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 07, 2019, 03:28:31 PM
Reply #197

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Attrition? Do you mean contrition

I was going to say yes correct apologies, until I saw this

(in scholastic theology) sorrow for sin, falling short of contrition

Maybe it works better than I knew!

November 07, 2019, 09:36:38 PM
Reply #198

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Not sure thatís the definition the Council Of Trent put forward - but then again Iíve not actually studied Theology

All Greek to me mate

November 07, 2019, 09:47:07 PM
Reply #199

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
It wasnít a red, it was a cynical yellow. Gomes got injured. We benefitted in that they had to play with 10 men.

Can we get over it. Gomes hasnít said a word about the incident and is just focused on getting better.

I get that vengeance is important to some of you but just let it go...

I think vengeance is a gross over simplification.

But agree nothing is about to change on this so move on.

November 08, 2019, 05:27:01 PM
Reply #200

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
This guy says back on the pitch 4 - 6 months

Back playing a year

Back to his old self, likely never 100%.

November 28, 2019, 06:44:06 PM
Reply #201

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Hope we get a good replacement in January