October 18, 2019, 06:15:34 PM

Author Topic: Goodison for Gomes?  (Read 121747 times)

October 23, 2018, 03:19:24 AM
Read 121747 times

Mouse

NSNO Subscriber
I thought he just oozed class, he has that arrogant strut around the pitch that leaves you wondering how someone who seems to move so economically seems to be always in the right place. The weight of pass is a very good point as it allows the receiver to let the ball do a lot of the work for him.

But, I have to caution myself, it's very similar to how I saw Schneiderlin's performances when he first arrived. Having said that, given this was his first competitive outing in 6 months, he really impressed and the potential is mind-blowing.

In fairness, I do think comparisons with Davies are unfair to Davies. There are very few 20 year old CM's in their second full season who would stand comparison against a 25 year old good enough to be taken by Barcelona. Davies has time and possibly a much needed role model on his side.
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.

October 25, 2018, 05:44:44 AM
Reply #1

Mouse

NSNO Subscriber
Well, if it was only an infatuation before it is now full on love. I may even get religion if this man continues his beatific ways. Melting.
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.

November 02, 2018, 02:14:27 AM
Reply #2

Mouse

NSNO Subscriber
Very willing to change my mind.

It's just that he has to do a lot more than he's shown at any point in his career to be worth top money and I don't expect him to do that.

Can't really argue as, before he came to us, I'd seen nothing of him. But...if Nuno saw enough to take him from Benfica to Valencia and then Barca saw enough to pay £30M plus for him then it does seem he must have shown something at some point in his career.

Personally, I really like the look of him but, as I've said before, I thought Schneiderlin was something of a Rolls Royce when he first played for us. What do I know?

He's played a couple of games and hasn't looked out of place while still finding his feet in the Premier League. Let's give him at least until January before we venerate or denigrate.

January 24, 2019, 10:54:19 PM
Reply #3

Mouse

NSNO Subscriber
click on it, there is a VIDEO :love:
Ahhh, that brightened a miserable January afternoon! There is no end to this man's gorgeousness. Hope he stays and becomes the player we dream he is.

June 26, 2019, 02:57:05 AM
Reply #4

Mouse

NSNO Subscriber
£22M is very good business!

June 26, 2019, 04:12:58 AM
Reply #5

Mouse

NSNO Subscriber
The email is a mad thing, got a tear in my eye, Everton eh!

June 26, 2019, 04:30:27 AM
Reply #6

Mouse

NSNO Subscriber
What does the email sayyyyy.

"I'm back...and here to stay" and then he blows me a kiss (ok, I made that bit up)

June 26, 2019, 05:41:56 PM
Reply #7

Mouse

NSNO Subscriber
The signing I wanted more than any other.

Boss player. Will go down as a legend here. Best midfielder since Arteta.
I dream he is this generation's Peter Reid. Yep, that'll keep me going until August.

June 26, 2019, 06:55:44 PM
Reply #8

Mouse

NSNO Subscriber
He doesn’t seem as calm and refined as Reidy ;)
Nor is he as good looking, but we have to make do!