September 27, 2020, 03:51:38 AM

Author Topic: Goodison for Gomes?  (Read 189349 times)

September 07, 2020, 05:10:16 AM
Reply #240

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Any details yet re: type, severity?

No idea. Seema fairly common for him though, pre season injury.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 16, 2020, 07:00:52 PM
Reply #241

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Listening to the Unholy Trinity pod which I don't mind at all, they are good blues and generally quite optimistic.

But a few mins in : "let's have it right, Andre Gomes is a creator isn't he"

Is he? What does he create? Where are you getting that from? His one assist so far?
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 16, 2020, 07:55:15 PM
Reply #242

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
He seems a nice fella and I've certainly bought into him at times in the past, but how that misconstrued opinion of him as a creator still persists I don't know.

Less responsibility on him in a better midfield and more people showing for the ball should help him.

But yeah...not convinced he has a job any more now we have real midfielders.

September 26, 2020, 08:11:41 PM
Reply #243

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Think Carlo likes him and is seemingly under the same spell some evertonians are when it comes to describing him, listing him as a creator in his press conference the other day.

I think it would fantastic if he could kick on, and if we are going to say his job is patient posession game then that's fine, similar to Wijnaldums (and now thiago) role at the shite, but I don't think he's press resistant enough, I think he gets caught on the ball too much and in terrible positions, he's extremely slow on and off the ball and is a black hole defensively, all of those things are qualities those sort of players need, beyond stroking it wide to Lucas Digne and taking 4 or 5 touches a time.