October 18, 2019, 06:42:38 PM

Author Topic: Goodison for Gomes?  (Read 121752 times)

June 18, 2019, 04:00:22 AM
Read 121752 times

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
His latest Instagram post of a plane on the way to Berlin, some blues on twitter have had a look and are saying there's a easyJet flight from Berlin to JLA later tonight, haha

When he arrives will the buses still be running at that time, though?
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

June 22, 2019, 11:36:37 PM
Reply #1

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Whether you like people or not the fact is everything should be objectively questioned. No, I don't  think we'll  'do a Leeds' -but I  bet Leeds fans didn't think so either before it happened.
At any football club the fact is the more power lies in the hands of one person the more vulnerable you are in the long term.
What happened to us after John Moores?   
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

June 26, 2019, 03:21:19 AM
Reply #2

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Kind of him to personally send me an email.

Anyone else get one?
Wife's had one - what have I done to upset him?😔

June 30, 2019, 11:06:58 PM
Reply #3

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Stats show what has happened but don't guarantee it will happen again.
The situations that led to good stats are unique to every game and won't be exactly replicated.
One manager will use a player one way and another manager a different way.
Players form will vary for many reasons.
Stats can be used selectively thus distorting an overall assessment
Stats cannot quantify potential.

Basically stats are 'history' and serve as a guide, no more.

July 01, 2019, 12:36:21 AM
Reply #4

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
This may not be the best time to reveal that Mrs Blue made a living from market research and stats! 😲

July 01, 2019, 12:47:36 AM
Reply #5

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Licence to print money that job 😉
Not really, the research she did (does - still freelances a bit) was mostly housing needs studies for local authorities, mostly the London  boroughs.
She started her working life at Cadbury''s so what more could a man ask for than a wife with access to Cadbury''s shop at employee rates and who I met behind the goal at Newcastle watching Everton. So she says anyway, but I suffered a bad memory loss of that day after an overdose of Newcy Brown.😔

July 01, 2019, 01:20:57 AM
Reply #6

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
I'm sorry I don't want to be rude but I just want to avoid talking about your glittering provincial rugby career again.
I think a separate thread about Brownie''s glittering rugby career could be welcome subject to fill the dreaded summer void and the spuculation about the 1001 people we've watched and are bidding for.
Go on, Brownie, tell us more about line outs and their influence on your life - they sound fascinating. 🙄

July 01, 2019, 04:26:40 PM
Reply #7

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
So Leicester won the league because they played better Rugby while eating Cadbury’s.

Works for me.

Surprisingly 44.7% of football fans living more than 25 miles from Leicester would agree with this.