October 23, 2019, 07:46:37 PM

Author Topic: Goodison for Gomes?  (Read 122817 times)

July 01, 2019, 12:06:52 AM
Reply #1845

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Which part?

The rugby stuff to be honest but really don't worry it's sound I get it, the beautiful game and all that.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 01, 2019, 12:16:30 AM
Reply #1846

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
The rugby stuff to be honest but really don't worry it's sound I get it, the beautiful game and all that.

Whatís not to get? When I played at a higher level we would be given a breakdown of our stats from the previous year (with focus primarily on the specifics for my position - things like line outs lost in the 22 metre area. Now things like that look good for a coach to try and rectify. So if one season I had a 65% success rate of finding my jumpers it looks like I have to really improve my performance. The reality is there are a number of other factors that truly impact this stat, that I have no control over and no amount of training on it can rectify. So Iíd just used to look at it, say yeah Iíll improve and go out and carry on.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

July 01, 2019, 12:19:37 AM
Reply #1847

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Whatís not to get? When I played at a higher level we would be given a breakdown of our stats from the previous year (with focus primarily on the specifics for my position - things like line outs lost in the 22 metre area. Now things like that look good for a coach to try and rectify. So if one season I had a 65% success rate of finding my jumpers it looks like I have to really improve my performance. The reality is there are a number of other factors that truly impact this stat, that I have no control over and no amount of training on it can rectify. So Iíd just used to look at it, say yeah Iíll improve and go out and carry on.

Great alright
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 01, 2019, 12:32:21 AM
Reply #1848

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Great alright

Just saying. Donít get all defensive now because we are not all geeks 😘

July 01, 2019, 12:36:21 AM
Reply #1849

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
This may not be the best time to reveal that Mrs Blue made a living from market research and stats! 😲
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

July 01, 2019, 12:37:58 AM
Reply #1850

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
This may not be the best time to reveal that Mrs Blue made a living from market research and stats! 😲

Licence to print money that job 😉

July 01, 2019, 12:47:36 AM
Reply #1851

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Licence to print money that job 😉
Not really, the research she did (does - still freelances a bit) was mostly housing needs studies for local authorities, mostly the London  boroughs.
She started her working life at Cadbury''s so what more could a man ask for than a wife with access to Cadbury''s shop at employee rates and who I met behind the goal at Newcastle watching Everton. So she says anyway, but I suffered a bad memory loss of that day after an overdose of Newcy Brown.😔
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

July 01, 2019, 01:06:57 AM
Reply #1852

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Just saying. Don’t get all defensive now because we are not all geeks

I'm sorry I don't want to be rude but I just want to avoid talking about your glittering provincial rugby career again.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 01:08:00 AM by brap2 »

July 01, 2019, 01:10:03 AM
Reply #1853

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
I'm sorry I don't want to be rude but I just want to avoid talking about your glittering  provincial rugby career again.

I apologise - itís the only anecdotal evidence I can use to give you a reason for my opinion on this m afraid.

July 01, 2019, 01:10:39 AM
Reply #1854

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I'm sorry I don't want to be rude but I just want to avoid talking about your glittering provincial rugby career again.

:o
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lŠ Everton!

July 01, 2019, 01:14:54 AM
Reply #1855

sam of the south

ďI went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.Ē
Henry David Thoreau

July 01, 2019, 01:20:57 AM
Reply #1856

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
I think a separate thread about Brownie''s glittering rugby career could be welcome subject to fill the dreaded summer void and the spuculation about the 1001 people we've watched and are bidding for.
Go on, Brownie, tell us more about line outs and their influence on your life - they sound fascinating. 🙄

July 01, 2019, 01:23:47 AM
Reply #1857

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
I think a separate thread about Brownie''s glittering rugby career could be welcome subject to fill the dreaded summer void and the spuculation about the 1001 people we've watched and are bidding for.
Go on, Brownie, tell us more about line outs and their influence on your life - they sound fascinating. 🙄

Donít tempt me. I could talk about lineouts and scrums all day. 😁

July 01, 2019, 01:28:32 AM
Reply #1858

Cereal Killer

Surely you accept that the teams full of players with great stats dominate the majority of games and finish high in the leagues?

Didn't Leicester win the title with the lowest pass completion rate in the league and one of the worst three for possession?

:whistle:

One off fluke yes I know  :hug:

July 01, 2019, 01:30:49 AM
Reply #1859

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Didn't Leicester win the title with the lowest pass completion rate in the league and one of the worst three for possession?

:whistle:

One off fluke yes I know  :hug:

How the fuck do you guys know this stuff ? ???