February 25, 2020, 02:56:27 PM

Author Topic: Goodison for Gomes?  (Read 153457 times)

November 05, 2019, 04:42:26 PM
Reply #2070

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Unless it's slipped my memory I'm not sure I've posted any medical advice for Gomes to read?!

Just messing about the talent being wasted!
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 05, 2019, 04:43:53 PM
Reply #2071

The Analog Kid

NSNO Subscriber
Just messing about the talent being wasted!

I've been wasted, no doubt about that. As for talent... I'm not so sure on that one.

November 05, 2019, 05:26:14 PM
Reply #2072

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Nah not having that.

Son was clearly distraught. As was everyone else.
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

November 05, 2019, 05:31:47 PM
Reply #2073

Macca77

Son was clearly distraught. As was everyone else.

Shouldn't of tried to boot him then should he. All the sympathy he's been getting has pissed me off, fuck him.

Anyway, butty van man said Gomes will be back in April

November 05, 2019, 05:38:35 PM
Reply #2074

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Do not listen to the Andy brassell and jules breach podcast if you donít want to smash your phone and put the broken pieces of glass in your eyes.

Fuck me.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

November 05, 2019, 05:38:45 PM
Reply #2075

The Analog Kid

NSNO Subscriber
I think a loan is on the cards for another midfielder in January.

November 05, 2019, 05:40:14 PM
Reply #2076

velimski

A forumís kinda pointless if people canít air their views, express their opinions, and generally shoot the breeze... As long as itís not anti-social bollocks.

Yes but unless you are privy to the full medical report and are a qualified doctor your opinion is kinda meaningless.

You can't speak with any authority on it because it's nothing more than guesswork.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 05:56:55 PM by velimski »

November 05, 2019, 05:43:54 PM
Reply #2077

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Shouldn't of tried to boot him then should he. All the sympathy he's been getting has pissed me off, fuck him.

Well, of course not, but he's hardly the first player to do that and certainly won't be the last either. 99 times out of 100, nothing comes of the challenge.

If you didn't see that reaction from him, then you would say that he's a heartless bastard.
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

November 05, 2019, 05:58:22 PM
Reply #2078

Macca77

Do not listen to the Andy brassell and jules breach podcast if you donít want to smash your phone and put the broken pieces of glass in your eyes.

Fuck me.

A brief summery?

Well, of course not, but he's hardly the first player to do that and certainly won't be the last either. 99 times out of 100, nothing comes of the challenge.

If you didn't see that reaction from him, then you would say that he's a heartless bastard.

He cried for a bit, then cried in the changing room, he'll play football again in a week or two or once his ban is up, Gomes won't, where is all the sympathy for him, he's the victim of a horrific injury, all I'm reading is how Son is, it's ridiculous

November 05, 2019, 06:04:52 PM
Reply #2079

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
A brief summery?

He cried for a bit, then cried in the changing room, he'll play football again in a week or two or once his ban is up, Gomes won't, where is all the sympathy for him, he's the victim of a horrific injury, all I'm reading is how Son is, it's ridiculous

To be honest, I've not seen that much on Son, only that he cried on the pitch and then in the changing room and Coleman went in to meet the Spurs players as well.

Everything I have read has been about the injury Gomes has suffered, how bad it was and how everyone is wishing him the best and a full recovery.

Yeah, Son instigated it. Yeah, he'll be playing again in a couple of weeks. And he will probably change a bit as a player as well. But he'll always carry what he did. I remember injuring one of my mates in a tackle. He was a decent player as well, was looking for a trial for Watford back in the 80s. I wiped him out because I was a totally shit player. I didn't mean to, but I still feel guilty about that 30 years later.

Gomes will suffer more of course and my thoughts are with him. Son regrets what he did and will live with that too.

November 05, 2019, 06:11:45 PM
Reply #2080

The Analog Kid

NSNO Subscriber
Sick of hearing about it all now tbh (not the Gomes injury, obviously), but the rest if the game and the incidents. Only one, maybe two men, to blame and that's Atkinson (& Taylor).

He never had a proper grip of the game and it led to so much throughout. I'll be surprised if he gets a game to ref this weekend.

November 05, 2019, 06:12:56 PM
Reply #2081

Bally

Administrator
I might be thinking of the QPR game actually, where VDH hot sent off?
Possible
Seem to remember that tackle being around chest height though

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

It's the roll I way

November 05, 2019, 06:20:43 PM
Reply #2082

Macca77

Gomes clearly needs to do the decent thing and apologise to Son for causing him so much upset

November 05, 2019, 06:51:29 PM
Reply #2083

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber

Sympathy is misdirected, no doubt. Empathy isnít. Only one letter changed and yet all the difference in the world.

I have sympathy for Gomes.
I feel empathy for Son.

Theyíre not mutually exclusive.
Annoying some, pleasing others. Just being me, the GIF master.

November 05, 2019, 07:03:29 PM
Reply #2084

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Sympathy is misdirected, no doubt. Empathy isnít. Only one letter changed and yet all the difference in the world.

I have sympathy for Gomes.
I feel empathy for Son.

Theyíre not mutually exclusive.

Perfectly put
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers: