July 14, 2020, 05:01:38 AM

Author Topic: Goodison for Gomes?  (Read 173466 times)

January 25, 2020, 06:28:48 PM
Reply #2295

mikey_blue

Unfortunately for Gomes, he still needs a midfielder next to him that compliments his skill set. Heís able to travel with the ball, resist the press and play fairly simple passes which we miss, but heís inconsistent and his numbers arenít great, so we need other players around him who can be effective.

If we play a 2 man midfielder then we will need a really well rounded midfielder next to him, and theyíre not cheap. If we play a 3 then weíve got to hope Gbamin can be the defensive force and we can get that creative CM in that we can agree, we need.

January 25, 2020, 08:07:09 PM
Reply #2296

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Unfortunately for Gomes, he still needs a midfielder next to him that compliments his skill set. Heís able to travel with the ball, resist the press and play fairly simple passes which we miss, but heís inconsistent and his numbers arenít great, so we need other players around him who can be effective.

If we play a 2 man midfielder then we will need a really well rounded midfielder next to him, and theyíre not cheap. If we play a 3 then weíve got to hope Gbamin can be the defensive force and we can get that creative CM in that we can agree, we need.

Based on skill-set, Gbamin should be a perfect complement to Gomes, but we probably won't know until the summer at the earliest.
Playing FM20 24/7.

January 25, 2020, 11:34:57 PM
Reply #2297

Waltzer

Based on skill-set, Gbamin should be a perfect complement to Gomes, but we probably won't know until the summer at the earliest.
And when he gets up to speed he'll fuck off for 6 weeks to the African nations

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

January 26, 2020, 02:14:33 AM
Reply #2298

KoemansNumberTens

And when he gets up to speed he'll fuck off for 6 weeks to the African nations

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Itís in the summer now

January 26, 2020, 02:42:19 AM
Reply #2299

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Itís in the summer now

In the winter next season because of the weather in Cameroon at summer.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

January 26, 2020, 03:08:29 AM
Reply #2300

KoemansNumberTens

In the winter next season because of the weather in Cameroon at summer.

Is it? Bloody hell theyíve only just changed it too. Surely the same problem is going to occur quite a lot given itís Africa

January 26, 2020, 03:33:00 AM
Reply #2301

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Is it? Bloody hell they've only just changed it too. Surely the same problem is going to occur quite a lot given it's Africa
Not the further south you go.

Besides if you donít want it to affect your club donít buy African players. Itíll be less than 6 weeks anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
Every storm runs out of rain. - Dr. Maya Angelou

January 26, 2020, 03:48:24 AM
Reply #2302

mikey_blue

At least we wonít miss Gana.

January 26, 2020, 05:49:44 PM
Reply #2303

arteta4spain

At least we won't miss Gana.
I think we still do!

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

January 27, 2020, 04:30:50 AM
Reply #2304

Toddacelli

To be honest I wouldn't mind seeing him next to Holgate. Young Mason is already playing with composure beyond his years. I'd like to think that playing next to Gomes would help him a lot and that having two CMs who are unafraid and really comfortable on the ball would really help us to control games a lot better.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

January 27, 2020, 06:01:50 AM
Reply #2305

Evertonian in NC

I don't think we need to be sacrificing our only reliable centre back for a midfield experiment.

Believe much more likely (though not very likely) that Gbamin ends up next to Holgate some, but as a CB.
"Pardon me, I have nothing to say." - George Carlin

January 28, 2020, 09:33:27 PM
Reply #2306

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Trained with the first team today
Early that
Simply simply lovely

January 28, 2020, 09:34:21 PM
Reply #2307

Trowel

Back in non-contact training with the squad less than 3 months after the injury :shock:

https://twitter.com/Everton/status/1222180028538073088
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

January 28, 2020, 09:35:13 PM
Reply #2308

Mouse

NSNO Subscriber
His supreme gorgeousness is back training with the first team squad. Imagine having a midfielder on the pitch who can pass (forwards...accurately)?
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.

January 28, 2020, 09:45:02 PM
Reply #2309

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Back in non-contact training with the squad less than 3 months after the injury :shock:

https://twitter.com/Everton/status/1222180028538073088

Gahhh. Still passing like a crab ;)

Great to see him back. I didn't expect him to be at that stage until April at the earliest. Looking forward to seeing him back in action. Just wonder what kind of player we'll get back.
Every storm runs out of rain. - Dr. Maya Angelou