October 21, 2018, 10:52:18 PM

Author Topic: FFP ( Financial Fair Play)  (Read 1135 times)

August 10, 2018, 08:27:51 PM
Read 1135 times

Morta75

Hi, just some thoughts about how this window (and January) will be towards the FFP? We haven't really sold for that much... A bit worry, if we qualify for European football and this comes back and bites us in the ass! Still time to sell to others country’s and the January window I guess, to straighten things up...

August 10, 2018, 08:31:45 PM
Reply #1

sam of the south

Hi, just some thoughts about how this window (and January) will be towards the FFP? We haven't really sold for that much... A bit worry, if we qualify for European football and this comes back and bites us in the ass! Still time to sell to others country’s and the January window I guess, to straighten things up...

Not like you to bring some gloom the day after the best transfer window in our history  ;D
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

August 10, 2018, 08:32:12 PM
Reply #2

Robioto

I would expect to see a load of players leave before the end of the month which will alieviate this.

August 10, 2018, 08:33:43 PM
Reply #3

Morta75

Not like you to bring some gloom the day after the best transfer window in our history  ;D
Yes, bring us back down to earth... just a bit worry so wanted to see what othrs where thinking about this

August 10, 2018, 08:35:44 PM
Reply #4

Morta75

I would expect to see a load of players leave before the end of the month which will alieviate this.
I would reckon so myself because we cant really genegate that much money elswhere (Except the premier leauge money)

August 10, 2018, 08:37:40 PM
Reply #5

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
I'm not sure what you think is FFP is FFP.
What do you think we have done to come afoul of it?

August 10, 2018, 08:39:10 PM
Reply #6

van der Meyde

Yes, bring us back down to earth... just a bit worry so wanted to see what othrs where thinking about this

If I've got it right, wages is currently big restriction (£7m max increase each season for established PL clubs).

We've shifted Klaassen, Robles, Funes-Mori, Mirallas, Williams and Rooney all off the wage bill who were all earning decent wages. With more probably to come. There's no way that those we've brought in increase our overall wage bill by £7m when you consider the outgoings.

There are break even requirements for European football, but I don't think we're in any danger personally.

August 10, 2018, 08:39:19 PM
Reply #7

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
We had a net spend of around 60 mill I believe. I doubt it would be an issue.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

August 10, 2018, 08:41:11 PM
Reply #8

sam of the south

If I've got it right, wages is currently big restriction (£7m max increase each season for established PL clubs).

We've shifted Klaassen, Robles, Funes-Mori, Mirallas, Williams and Rooney all off the wage bill who were all earning decent wages. With more probably to come.

There are break even requirements for European football, but I don't think we're in any danger personally.

Yeah, I reckon we’ve reduced our wages, even if we can’t shift Sandro and his obscenely inflated pay packet!
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

August 10, 2018, 08:41:21 PM
Reply #9

Morta75

We had a net spend of around 60 mill I believe. I doubt it would be an issue.
Is that included Walcott and Tosun in the january window??

August 10, 2018, 08:41:43 PM
Reply #10

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
I tend to let those employed by the club to deal with this worry about it
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

August 10, 2018, 08:42:09 PM
Reply #11

Morta75

I'm not sure what you think is FFP is FFP.
What do you think we have done to come afoul of it?
spent much money, big squad with many on high wages...

August 10, 2018, 08:42:17 PM
Reply #12

blue slug

I don't worry about FFP, the clubs accountants should know what they're doing

August 10, 2018, 08:42:30 PM
Reply #13

Gash

Global Moderator
Don't think we'll have a problem. I can't remember all the ins and outs of it but even with the money we've spent, the money for Stones, Lukaku, USM sponsorship and the new TV money should mean we're not that close, that's not including all the lower fees like Barkley etc that we've brought in.

August 10, 2018, 08:45:06 PM
Reply #14

Morta75

I tend to let those employed by the club to deal with this worry about it

Yes I would reckon that they have full control on this. I just wanted to hear what other's where thinking about this, since it is worry me just a little bit  ???