December 19, 2018, 06:25:15 AM

Author Topic: FFP ( Financial Fair Play)  (Read 1411 times)

August 10, 2018, 08:48:48 PM
Reply #15

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
ok, so no. You don't really know about it and have just read the headline.

We have an owner who has injected capital recently, and we are not playing in Europe. That means we can have a £115 loss over a 3 year rolling period. How much we make/lose on transfers is only part of that equation. The last 2 set of accounts in have a total of £28.9 loss. We did not trade at a £90m deficit last year.
3 years ago we only hit a £4.6m loss, that will drop off to be replaced by this years, which will be bigger. again though, we will no be putting in accounts that hold more than a £20m-30m loss when all is said and done.

In terms of wages we cannot increase by more than £4m if our wage bill is over £52m (£7m if below). The wages out through Klaassen, Rooney, Williams & Mori (and whatever is covered from Mirallas, Robles and any other loans) will ensure we do not increase by £4m P/A.

So you can rest assured that this is nothing to worry over.

August 10, 2018, 08:51:26 PM
Reply #16

Waltzer

Yeah, I reckon we’ve reduced our wages, even if we can’t shift Sandro and his obscenely inflated pay packet!

No way are our wages down. Shifted Rooney, Klasseen, Miralles, Williams and Mori and got in Mina, Gomez, Digne, Bernard, Zouma and Richarlison. I expect Bernard is on 100+ and the 3 barca boys wont be far off
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 08:53:59 PM by Waltzer »

August 10, 2018, 09:03:56 PM
Reply #17

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Is that included Walcott and Tosun in the january window??

Probably not, but I guess I haven't included the 80 million we got for Lukaku either.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

August 10, 2018, 09:04:48 PM
Reply #18

Lxxx

No way are our wages down. Shifted Rooney, Klasseen, Miralles, Williams and Mori and got in Mina, Gomez, Digne, Bernard, Zouma and Richarlison. I expect Bernard is on 100+ and the 3 barca boys wont be far off

With another half a dozen to leave I don't think we have too much to worry about. Especially not with a chartered accountant as our majority shareholder.

August 10, 2018, 09:12:36 PM
Reply #19

sam of the south

Nonsense.

Even with Lookman coming back and Bernard on a reported £200k, that would only be around a 600k pw increase on our new recruits.

With Rooney, Klaassen, Robles, Funes Mori, Williams, Mirallas, Garbutt off the wage bill that would pretty much balance it; Rooney was £150k if I recall correctly, Williams £80k I think, Klaassen would’ve been £60k plus, even Garbutt when he signed his contract renewal is on a fair wedge (or unfair, really)

If we got Sandro’s wage off, we would be in the black in that department.

Also, if rumours are to be believed, Silva and Brands are earning far less than Koeman, Allardyce, and Walsh.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

August 10, 2018, 09:16:15 PM
Reply #20

Morta75

We have an owner who has injected capital recently, and we are not playing in Europe. That means we can have a £115 loss over a 3 year rolling period. How much we make/lose on transfers is only part of that equation. The last 2 set of accounts in have a total of £28.9 loss. We did not trade at a £90m deficit last year.
3 years ago we only hit a £4.6m loss, that will drop off to be replaced by this years, which will be bigger. again though, we will no be putting in accounts that hold more than a £20m-30m loss when all is said and done.

In terms of wages we cannot increase by more than £4m if our wage bill is over £52m (£7m if below). The wages out through Klaassen, Rooney, Williams & Mori (and whatever is covered from Mirallas, Robles and any other loans) will ensure we do not increase by £4m P/A.

That was just what I was looking to hear :-) I am much more comfortable that this is well cover now. Thanks for very well explained with numbers and everything Mick1995  :thumbsup:

August 10, 2018, 09:18:21 PM
Reply #21

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Dont get me wrong, if we qualify for the Europa then there isa ctually need to worry. The amount you can lose on trading over 3 years drops dramatically (£45m).

it's almost as if they don't want people repeating the trick of buying their way onto the top table.

August 11, 2018, 01:22:16 AM
Reply #22

Old England Toffee

I tend to let those employed by the club to deal with this worry about it

Haha, that statement would have filled me with dread not so long ago

August 15, 2018, 03:45:22 AM
Reply #23

KingOfNapaValley

We had a net spend of around 60 mill I believe. I doubt it would be an issue.

Except we are already losing 27+ mil per year or more and just added 60 mil to that.

We can only average a 39 mil loss per year over 3-years. Does not add up.

August 15, 2018, 03:49:56 AM
Reply #24

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Except we are already losing 27+ mil per year or more and just added 60 mil to that.

What Brownie said !

August 15, 2018, 04:08:34 AM
Reply #25

Gash

Global Moderator

How have we lost £60m this year? We may well show a loss in the latest figures but they'll be helped by selling Lukaku so it won't be anywhere near £60m, let alone £39m over three years.

We lost £24.3m in 2015/16 then made £30.6m post tax profit for 2016/17 so we're not losing '£27m+ per year'. For all you constantly comment about FFP, I don't think I've seen you accurately comment on it yet, rather you just keep posting the £39m loss figure.

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2017/12/22/everton-posts-record-turnover-and-30m-post-tax-profit
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 04:12:45 AM by Gash »

August 15, 2018, 04:17:33 AM
Reply #26

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Let the club worry about it. I'm sure everything will be ok.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

August 15, 2018, 04:24:29 AM
Reply #27

Toddacelli

Our new owner became a billionaire through accountancy.

No need to flap.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

August 15, 2018, 04:31:11 AM
Reply #28

SANA_DR0

just to add on to this awesome post, from what i recall (when i read about the ffp) the window is like 24months,. we will probably have atleast 3 more windows to sell players, before ffp has a direct impact..

we've  have sold a few high waged players, our revenue for being in the prem is above average.. i really cant see it being an issue unless we spend 200 m the next 2 windows and sell no one.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....