February 17, 2019, 01:58:44 PM

Author Topic: 2018-19 Loan Watch  (Read 23264 times)

February 02, 2019, 12:06:05 AM
Reply #270

Ross

The like was for the state of the squad comment. We're still working out who is first choice and who is good quality competition.

Don't think we'd get rid without having him spend some time with us though, to have a proper look at him.

Well weíll see obviously, but like Iíve said if a tidy profit can be easily made on him while weíve got an abundance of other left sided players I think theyíd probably accept the time just isnít right for this squad. That may change in the summer obviously if we sell one or two of the others but I doubt we will be. Then of course thereís the added complication of a work permit to consider as well.

Brands has got a lot of work to do to rebalance this squad and thereís going to need to be short term sacrifices  at times. You simply just canít allocate 4 places of a 25 man squad to predominantly left sided players who excel there but are much less effective elsewhere.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

February 12, 2019, 03:09:14 AM
Reply #271

Hesmenos

https://www.voetbalzone.nl/doc.asp?uid=346394
Cuco Martina named in the Eredivisie team of the week on his debut, playing as a center back.
Lets recall him for the Cardiff game.  :thumbsup:

February 12, 2019, 03:28:02 AM
Reply #272

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
https://www.voetbalzone.nl/doc.asp?uid=346394
Cuco Martina named in the Eredivisie team of the week on his debut, playing as a center back.
Lets recall him for the Cardiff game.  :thumbsup:

Says everything about the eredivisie that.

February 13, 2019, 03:13:16 AM
Reply #273

irishtoffee

Is Brendan Galloway still at the club or on loan or sold?

February 13, 2019, 03:22:58 AM
Reply #274

Gash

Global Moderator
Is Brendan Galloway still at the club or on loan or sold?

Still at the club and not on loan as far as I know.

February 13, 2019, 06:00:44 PM
Reply #275

Hesmenos

He's been injured all season. Probably no one wanted to risk getting him in on a loan.

February 13, 2019, 06:35:53 PM
Reply #276

Shogun

Administrator
See Luke Garbutt has managed a whole three league appearances for league one Oxford United.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

February 13, 2019, 08:35:10 PM
Reply #277

KoemansNumberTens

See Luke Garbutt has managed a whole three league appearances for league one Oxford United.

We still paying him almost 30k a week? Heís thrown his career away now

Made a few million when he could have potentially made 50

February 13, 2019, 08:57:14 PM
Reply #278

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
We still paying him almost 30k a week? Heís thrown his career away now

Made a few million when he could have potentially made 50

What are you on about? And how is it any way his fault if he's ended up not being good enough?
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

February 13, 2019, 09:22:03 PM
Reply #279

D15TIN

Attitude may have been a problem with garbutt, wonder if he wanted it enough

Saw him away at Wolfsburg, against the likes of perisic and de bruyne and he was really good

February 13, 2019, 09:47:51 PM
Reply #280

Evertonian in NC

Callum Connolly (hope am spelling that right) won the match for Bolton yesterday (and me 100 Ameri-quid)
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

February 13, 2019, 10:03:04 PM
Reply #281

KoemansNumberTens

What are you on about? And how is it any way his fault if he's ended up not being good enough?

It seems to be widely reported on here that he had an attitude problem and figured he made it when we made him a millionaire. Thatís what Iím on about and thatís why he might not be good enough

February 13, 2019, 10:23:36 PM
Reply #282

Hesmenos

Callum Connolly (hope am spelling that right) won the match for Bolton yesterday (and me 100 Ameri-quid)
What's his best position? I always thought he was a full back. But he seems to be playing mainly as a DM now.

February 13, 2019, 10:29:44 PM
Reply #283

Evertonian in NC

What's his best position? I always thought he was a full back. But he seems to be playing mainly as a DM now.

Yeah, I was thinking he mostly played LB too, but perhaps they are moving him forward like happened with old buddy/mancrush Bryan Oviedo.

I couldn't see the game or formation, just tracked it on LiveScore and saw that he was the only goal scorer, around 73'
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

February 14, 2019, 01:44:20 AM
Reply #284

Bob Sacamano

Flogging Herbalife on Instagram by 2020.