October 21, 2019, 07:28:13 PM

Author Topic: 2018-19 Loan Watch  (Read 47558 times)

April 05, 2019, 04:03:17 PM
Reply #315

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
He just can't be as bad as he looks. It's absurd to think he could make it as a footballer let alone come through their academy and then actually play for them with what he's shown over the last two years.

The number of players connected to this club that have had serious existential crises of confidence over the last 18 months eithee here or before/after coming here is off the charts.

Davy Klassen couldn't look himself in the mirror when he left here. Tosun is considering giving up the prem for the Turkish league on less money. Schneiderlin carries a haunted look. Wayne Rooney nearly retired. Sando, poor Sandro is a wreck. Hasn't kicked a ball straight since he clapped eyes on Steve Walsh's briefcase.

I really couldn’t agree more. I even think off the charts is an understatement.

Rooney aside (because I don’t think you could ever convince him he’s not an elite footballer) all of those players looked absolutely petrified and showed no interest in kicking a ball ever again. Which is weird because they’re professional footballers.

It makes me think that I’ve called it wrong with Keane and thinking he’s mentally weak, as he’s gone through worse periods of form than these guys, been unable to be dropped due to depth and actually managed to come through it, find form and gain his place in the national team scoring his first goal for his country in the process. Big props to that man. He could have jibbed it like the others.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 04:37:39 PM by Bob Sacamano »

April 05, 2019, 05:21:36 PM
Reply #316

Trowel

Good review of Pennington's time at Ipswich, following his season-ending ankle injury. He'll not get in our first team, but sounds like he's more than capable of a good career with strong Championship teams.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/matthew-pennington-ipswich-town-review-1-5979145
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

April 05, 2019, 05:35:18 PM
Reply #317

Cereal Killer

Good review of Pennington's time at Ipswich, following his season-ending ankle injury. He'll not get in our first team, but sounds like he's more than capable of a good career with strong Championship teams.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/matthew-pennington-ipswich-town-review-1-5979145

Definitely only good enough for bottom end Championship sides.... it's easy to get impressive stats for blocks/tackles per game when you play for a shit team always defending.... maybe we can flog him to Sunderland

April 05, 2019, 05:51:39 PM
Reply #318

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I really couldn’t agree more. I even think off the charts is an understatement.

Rooney aside (because I don’t think you could ever convince him he’s not an elite footballer) all of those players looked absolutely petrified and showed no interest in kicking a ball ever again. Which is weird because they’re professional footballers.

It makes me think that I’ve called it wrong with Keane and thinking he’s mentally weak, as he’s gone through worse periods of form than these guys, been unable to be dropped due to depth and actually managed to come through it, find form and gain his place in the national team scoring his first goal for his country in the process. Big props to that man. He could have jibbed it like the others.

Yeah he should be massively applauded for the strength he's shown this year, especially considering he literally fractured his skull right in the middle of regaining some form.

Fair play big Micky Kegstand.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

April 05, 2019, 06:20:34 PM
Reply #319

BlueForYou

I thought Callum Connolly would have made it here as a first teamer

Maybe at right back, better than Kenny?
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

April 05, 2019, 06:53:48 PM
Reply #320

Toddacelli

Fair play big Micky Kegstand.

@Bally 's gonna get ya!

:snigger:

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

April 05, 2019, 07:06:16 PM
Reply #321

GrantyBoy78

I thought Callum Connolly would have made it here as a first teamer

Maybe at right back, better than Kenny?
Another one for the Championship, probably. Good pro but not a good enough technical player to make it in the prem. No great physical attributes, either. What is it about our kids - Pennington, Davies, Williams, Connelly, Kenny, Dowell etc. they’re all so one-paced.

Sickly looking white boys.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

April 05, 2019, 07:07:30 PM
Reply #322

Evertonian in NC

My mate was at that game last night, he text me halfway through quoting an old message I’d sent him of a Sandro highlights video from when we signed him and asked how the fuck did we break him

Daggum Betis missed a few sitters, damned near put me on Tilt!

And yeah, one barely noticed Sandro being on the pitch.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

April 06, 2019, 01:58:06 PM
Reply #323

Toddacelli

Just watched this:

The first part is mostly him holding players off - similar to Gomes but not so much poise. Another section has him winning the ball back for his team near his own penalty area. Not just your average highlights reel.

I really hope he comes back into the fold.

April 09, 2019, 05:37:47 PM
Reply #324

Cereal Killer

Have we written off Holgate then as not good enough?

Or would we keep him around next season to cover RB/CB and loan out Kenny?

April 09, 2019, 05:55:56 PM
Reply #325

Gary1878

NSNO Subscriber
Have we written off Holgate then as not good enough?

Or would we keep him around next season to cover RB/CB and loan out Kenny?

I would look for a loan out again to another Championship side for the season, preferably one chasing promotion. He needs another whole season of games under his belt in his preferred position.

April 12, 2019, 06:54:15 PM
Reply #326

Toddacelli

Don't think there's much happening with Baningame. I really liked the look of him. If he's not playing at Wigan he needs to go somewhere else.

I know he had an injury - but I'm not sure when that was. If he's not playing due to injury - ignore me. Would love to see him get a couple of seasons with a title challenger and do well.

April 12, 2019, 08:15:33 PM
Reply #327

sam of the south

Just watched this:

The first part is mostly him holding players off - similar to Gomes but not so much poise. Another section has him winning the ball back for his team near his own penalty area. Not just your average highlights reel.

I really hope he comes back into the fold.

I think he’s class.

Always played as a winger here, but a #10 or #8 is where we should play hin.

Be mad to let him go.
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

April 17, 2019, 04:29:48 PM
Reply #328

Trowel

Interview with Onyekuru, revealing he turned originally down PSG for us, and wants to come back.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47960695

Galatasaray are hoping to keep him for another season, but Onyekuru, who has scored once in nine appearances for Nigeria, has set his sights on the Premier League with parent club Everton.

"I've been longing and waiting because playing in the Premier League has been a childhood dream even before I left for Qatar," he said.

"I always watch Thierry Henry at Arsenal and learn more from him. I want to be just like him in the same league.

"At the moment I still watch some of his games on YouTube to learn how to move and score like him.

"I still don't have my work permit, but that's why I chose to go out on loan to get the exposure to move me closer to realising that dream."
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

April 17, 2019, 04:33:15 PM
Reply #329

Toddacelli

Interview with Onyekuru, revealing he turned originally down PSG for us, and wants to come back.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47960695

Galatasaray are hoping to keep him for another season, but Onyekuru, who has scored once in nine appearances for Nigeria, has set his sights on the Premier League with parent club Everton.

"I've been longing and waiting because playing in the Premier League has been a childhood dream even before I left for Qatar," he said.

"I always watch Thierry Henry at Arsenal and learn more from him. I want to be just like him in the same league.

"At the moment I still watch some of his games on YouTube to learn how to move and score like him.

"I still don't have my work permit, but that's why I chose to go out on loan to get the exposure to move me closer to realising that dream."

An Henry clone would be perfect right about now :)