September 21, 2018, 07:45:58 AM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 12923 times)

September 11, 2018, 02:30:20 PM
Reply #255

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Not sure where everybody is getting the idea that Tosun is slow from.

For me he’s of average pace, doesn’t look any slower than Niasse who runs in behind all the time

Niasse is a lot faster than tosun.

Tosun is a bit slow but that doesn’t matter to me. People get too hung up on everybody having pace these days.

September 11, 2018, 03:15:48 PM
Reply #256

Cereal Killer

Tosun is better than Niasse

There, I said it

But but but but what about his smile? And hard work? And effort after Koeman didn't give him a locker? And his Russian player of the year award?

:bonk:

September 11, 2018, 05:04:13 PM
Reply #257

Lxxx

Not sure where everybody is getting the idea that Tosun is slow from.

For me he’s of average pace, doesn’t look any slower than Niasse who runs in behind all the time

So why does he not do it more often then? We need him to go both ways during a game more often to vary our attack. Against Huddersfield, although they sat deep, we needed a striker to be nimble enough to make darting, explosive runs and we needed a player with vision to find them. Instead we had strikers coming deep and midfielders passing the ball laterally. It's a concern but until we get everyone fit and integrated we don't know if we have the answer in our squad somewhere.

September 17, 2018, 01:08:11 AM
Reply #258

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Might not last the season
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 17, 2018, 01:15:21 AM
Reply #259

Lxxx

Even if he loses the next four he’s going nowhere. We’ve moved heaven and earth and risked an FA charge for this bloke, Moshiri has to believe in him even if people around him might start questioning.

September 17, 2018, 01:20:39 AM
Reply #260

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
No need to even question this season.

September 17, 2018, 01:25:18 AM
Reply #261

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Say what you like, and I wouldn’t like it as much as you wouldn’t, but if showings like that continue, he may not last the season.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 02:17:30 AM by brap2 »
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 17, 2018, 01:28:16 AM
Reply #262

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Say what you like, and I wouldn’t like it as much as you wouldn’t, but if showings like that continue, he may not let the season.

Don’t think we lose without 5/5 choice cb playing

CM/ Bernard workings out is big issue too.

September 17, 2018, 01:38:54 AM
Reply #263

Ross

Don’t think we lose without 5/5 choice cb playing

CM/ Bernard workings out is big issue too.

His biggest gamble is putting faith in Schneiderlin.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

September 17, 2018, 01:44:21 AM
Reply #264

Lxxx

His biggest gamble is putting faith in Schneiderlin.

He had a decent 40 or so minutes against Southampton and I was reading all kinds of rubbish on here and on Twitter about him being back to his best. The lad is completely gone as a top level midfielder. He has nothing to offer going either way.

September 17, 2018, 01:47:20 AM
Reply #265

BlueForYou

Silva gone by end of season?

And then what? Richarlison goes? Arteta in?

He's here for the season and we're in it with him, whatever the weather

And he can only gamble on the players we've got
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

September 17, 2018, 01:51:08 AM
Reply #266

eyesalwaysblue

We need a Capitan Phil.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

September 17, 2018, 01:51:46 AM
Reply #267

Simon Paul

Administrator
What happens if Silva goes?

Do we start to look at the root cause?

Do we look at the culture at the club? Do we look at the man doing the hiring? Do we look at the constants in the backroom staff?

Or do we just lash money at another manager and sack them after 18 months?

We need to give Silva more than 6 games ffs but he needs to show he's worth that chance. Let's leave the hatchetts in the cupboard under the stairs for now though yeah?

September 17, 2018, 01:53:22 AM
Reply #268

BlueForYou

Yeah - you got it
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

September 17, 2018, 01:57:39 AM
Reply #269

Ross

He had a decent 40 or so minutes against Southampton and I was reading all kinds of rubbish on here and on Twitter about him being back to his best. The lad is completely gone as a top level midfielder. He has nothing to offer going either way.

Never really understood the big morghype myself.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.