December 16, 2018, 06:10:00 AM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 29525 times)

Jamokachi, WeimaranerBlues and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

December 06, 2018, 05:38:34 PM
Reply #630

Dr. Sponge

Theo isn’t finished he’s just out of form, as wingers often are. But even so, the wide positions aren’t our problem, we need a striker who knows where the net is.

Add this kind of player to our team and we win last night. We probably win the derby as well. We can do better than Tosun and DCL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

December 06, 2018, 05:43:52 PM
Reply #631

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

It's that time again?

December 06, 2018, 06:39:28 PM
Reply #632

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Fuck lookman tbh.

December 06, 2018, 08:28:57 PM
Reply #633

sam of the south

Fuck lookman tbh.

Do you reckon he’s still not arsed?
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

December 06, 2018, 08:41:15 PM
Reply #634

Bluedylan

Fuck lookman tbh.

I was wondering why you were so down on him, as well. You were at the game, so you probably saw some things I didn't. Is it his general demeanour around the pitch?
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

December 07, 2018, 12:49:23 AM
Reply #635

Thornton_19

Walcott over lookman for me all day.

Still struggling to see what lookman gives to this side at the moment.

Looks totally not arsed and takes up strange positions.
He drifts off the flank too much. He left Coleman alone to mich with noone to pass to. Which eventually meant Sigurddson drifted out there and we had nobody at all in the middle of the park.

The passing game we play needs width and pace. Lookman sort of negates that. Think he does offer a lot  but in games like last night he isnt the right option.

December 07, 2018, 04:20:00 AM
Reply #636

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I'm not sure what Lookman is trying to be

December 07, 2018, 05:12:52 AM
Reply #637

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I still back him I’ve got to say, one thing I noticed was that whenever Coleman drove forward with the ball, lookman would immediately pull inside. Not sure how that impacted Coleman but they only started clicking a bit when sig pulled outside for little one two’s. Maybe Coleman can’t quite makes those inside angle passes work, I dunno.

The Theo thing - he’s so frustrating but you can’t deny he gets into good positions, while the others seem to be into-feet type players to me. Maybe worth sticking with him for a bit and bringing Lookman on as an impact sub.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 07, 2018, 05:48:23 AM
Reply #638

gizzblue

My biggest frustration of late is Coleman ....every time we break down his flank he stops to move the ball back ...countless times against Newcastle Lookman was in acres of space  (felt sorry for Lookman the indecision from his teammate was hard to work with )...Coleman never saw him and turned the ball back for Guaye or Zouma every time . ...if I'm honest I rekon Coleman should be over his injury now bombing on again but it looks to have gone completely from his game ....we badly need a replacement .
Born not made a blue .

December 07, 2018, 05:52:35 AM
Reply #639

eyesalwaysblue

Walcott will always frustrate, don't dislike the lad at all but didn't expect him to suddenly become consistent, Wenger and various England managers couldn't manage to do it so why would he change for us? has always had the  talent to be world class just not the attention span or desire or something upstairs.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

December 07, 2018, 04:14:18 PM
Reply #640

Lxxx

Walcott would be better served trying a run up top for a few games. He's stocky enough to have a stab at holding the ball up and he's got the pace to go the other way too and work the channels or get in on goal, which will keep the defenders on their toes.

The Richarlison experiment hasn't worked for me. He's all over the place up there, doesn't know whether to move across the line or come deep and he very rarely goes the other way, which means Gomes is constantly working the ball from left to right and back again as there's nothing ahead of him. Gomes has the final ball in his locker, he just doesn't have anyone with much pace or genuine movement to execute it to. Keane always looks up for a runner too and has the ability to turn defence into attack if it was on.

Someone in the mould of Vardy would be perfect. It could be Walcott, or as near to it as we've got in the squad until we get someone in.

December 07, 2018, 06:51:54 PM
Reply #641

74Blue

Walcott would be better served trying a run up top for a few games. He's stocky enough to have a stab at holding the ball up and he's got the pace to go the other way too and work the channels or get in on goal, which will keep the defenders on their toes.

The Richarlison experiment hasn't worked for me. He's all over the place up there, doesn't know whether to move across the line or come deep and he very rarely goes the other way, which means Gomes is constantly working the ball from left to right and back again as there's nothing ahead of him. Gomes has the final ball in his locker, he just doesn't have anyone with much pace or genuine movement to execute it to. Keane always looks up for a runner too and has the ability to turn defence into attack if it was on.

Someone in the mould of Vardy would be perfect. It could be Walcott, or as near to it as we've got in the squad until we get someone in.
Having Walcott and Richarlison in the starting line-up with either Bernard or Lookman also gives you tbe option to switch it around a little with Walcott and Richarlison able to switch between leading the line and playing as a winger with one of Bernard or Lookman alternating between left and right wing to suit. It would be a nightmare for opposition defences and gives us the opportunity to kind of have the best of both worlds in terms of utilising Walcott's pace and Richarlison's finishing.

December 11, 2018, 04:07:43 AM
Reply #642

Shogun

Administrator
Can’t wrap my head around him not changing things at 1-0 and 60 minutes gone.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

December 11, 2018, 04:09:02 AM
Reply #643

Martip

Was painfully obvious

December 11, 2018, 04:16:39 AM
Reply #644

Macca77

Yep, was screaming for a change