November 14, 2018, 11:14:26 PM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 21649 times)

August 13, 2018, 12:27:50 AM
Reply #75

van der Meyde

Annoyed me a bit these two actually - I know it shouldn’t but there we go.

Explain if you can - what have I said so nonesensical or so way off?
Thought it was all bang on, to be honest.

They're not massive issues right now and there were more pressing needs to address this summer.

But Coleman, who'll be turning 31 next season, and Gueye, Sigurdsson and Schneiderlin who'll be turning 30 should definitely all be next on the list for replacing.

Tosun? He's fine for right now, but by money we've had three strikers who were better than him over the past 10 years (Lukaku, obviously, and I preferred Saha and Yakubu). Especially given he's not really an ideal fit for Silva's system.

August 13, 2018, 12:33:51 AM
Reply #76

eyesalwaysblue

Brap has been writing players off all over the shop for a while. Just see the other posters agreeing...
The way i read it he gave an opinion of the order players would be replaced and nobody was "right now" if the ambition is to challenge the top it will have to happen eventually, he was posting his thought of an order it might take place in his opinion that's all...is how i took it anyway...Even if anybody thought it should be tomorrow they should be able to think it or write it without dramas, just debate it, it's what a forum is, or should be. be fucking boring if we all felt the same about everything.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 12:34:54 AM by eyesalwaysblue »
I still despise Clive Thomas..

August 13, 2018, 12:37:12 AM
Reply #77

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
The way i read it he gave an opinion of the order players would be replaced and nobody was "right now" if the ambition is to challenge the top it will have to happen eventually, he was posting his thought of an order it might take place in his opinion that's all...is how i took it anyway...Even if anybody thought it should be tomorrow they should be able to think it or write it without dramas, just debate it, it's what a forum is, or should be. be fucking boring if we all felt the same about everything.

Have i said he cant express his opinions?
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

August 13, 2018, 12:38:17 AM
Reply #78

BlueForYou

Coleman's good for this season
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

August 13, 2018, 12:39:35 AM
Reply #79

eyesalwaysblue

Have i said he cant express his opinions?
I wasn't criticising anyone mate i meant in general that's all..

August 13, 2018, 12:45:27 AM
Reply #80

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Just think you're being relentlessly negative at the moment, and when one of your negative concerns is dealt with, you quickly move onto another.

You've been going on all pre-season like we're close to meltdown, and now that's clearly not the case, you appear to have moved onto writing off half of the first team (in my eyes, without any justification).

Had we not made the signings that we made on deadline day we would have been in meltdown. I was absolutely terrified of that and being honest I’d have rather we got the deals done earlier than we did yeah.

I wasn’t fucking going on like anything though. I’m not here starting ‘we’re all doomed’ threads. I had my issues with the squad and I still have issues with the squad. If there were no issues with the squad we’d win the league. Any problems I’ve got are based on my opinions on the side we’ve been watching, not random mardy wham like you’re suggesting.

The issues I had with the squad have begun to be addressed. The issues that have not been addressed I am on the forum talking about.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 13, 2018, 01:05:33 AM
Reply #81

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
The Coleman shout is mad.

Obviously has his limitations, but he’s still one of the best full backs in the league for me.

Mouldered himself into a very good, modern day full back.

Have to say @brap2 I always enjoy your posts but you’re writing off and dismissing a lot of players for me.

I love him, but we’ve no back up or competition and he’s 30 this year, playing in a very physically demanding position.

He’s always been more of a blood and thunder player who has relied on his unbelievable athleticism more than being a baller.

Phenomenal player, but I don’t want to end up with a Jags situation. Unbelievable player for us, but because of squad building failures we’re now at the point where he’s slated regularly and we’ll all be grateful when we see the back of him.

We’re a way off that yet. But he’s on the list and it’s fair to say that imo.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 13, 2018, 01:22:58 AM
Reply #82

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Brap has been writing players off all over the shop for a while. Just see the other posters agreeing...

Have I though? Genuine question, the only ones I can think of me really not liking have mostly been binned!

August 13, 2018, 01:35:57 AM
Reply #83

Mouse

I love him, but we’ve no back up or competition and he’s 30 this year, playing in a very physically demanding position.

He’s always been more of a blood and thunder player who has relied on his unbelievable athleticism more than being a baller.

Phenomenal player, but I don’t want to end up with a Jags situation. Unbelievable player for us, but because of squad building failures we’re now at the point where he’s slated regularly and we’ll all be grateful when we see the back of him.

We’re a way off that yet. But he’s on the list and it’s fair to say that imo.
I agree wth your general point about Coleman. It would be myopic not to be planning a replacement. We don't need a Baines situation at right back and I'm not sure Kenny is the answer.

Although, I'm not convinced Coleman is near to his swansong. It all really depends upon his recovery and long-term fitness after the injury, but I think he is an intelligent footballer and he can adapt to Silva's needs in much the same way (sorry for this) as Milner has adapted to Klopp.

August 13, 2018, 01:50:43 AM
Reply #84

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I'm looking forward to the day where we need an upgrade on Richarlison :)
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

August 13, 2018, 02:17:15 AM
Reply #85

eyesalwaysblue

I'm looking forward to the day where we need an upgrade on Richarlison :)
Would be a good sign.

August 13, 2018, 02:20:31 AM
Reply #86

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
I must admit, I love Coleman, but if we’re not looking at his potential successor then we’re in a Baines shaped hole again.

We can’t let our right hand side fall apart just as we look to have solved our left hand side after 2 years of not being on top of it.

And to side with ma boi @brap2 in wanting the new right back to be better than peak Coleman - remember, I love Coleman - we should aim to always have one of the 5 best full backs in the league on each side. We’ve have that with Baines and Coleman.

August 13, 2018, 02:22:30 AM
Reply #87

Ross

Coleman will easily go into his mid thirties there’s no worry there. 
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

August 13, 2018, 02:25:24 AM
Reply #88

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
With Baines on his way out, it'll leave a bit of a tear. He was never my favorite player, but a player who always gives his best and he is of course class.

Perhaps it's sad because it's the end of the generation of players that really epitomised the club in themid 2000s up and it should have won something.

It's also unreal that Coleman is approaching the last of the summer wine regarding his career as well.

Very happy that we seem to potentially have that squad togetherness again with the new boys coming in. After last season, it's clear that character is as vital as ability.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

August 13, 2018, 02:30:27 AM
Reply #89

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
With Baines on his way out, it'll leave a bit of a tear. He was never my favorite player, but a player who always gives his best and he is of course class.

Perhaps it's sad because it's the end of the generation of players that really epitomised the club in themid 2000s up and it should have won something.

It's also unreal that Coleman is approaching the last of the summer wine regarding his career as well.

Very happy that we seem to potentially have that squad togetherness again with the new boys coming in. After last season, it's clear that character is as vital as ability.

Yeah it would mean a great deal to me if some of these players could sign off with a trophy. Coleman, Jags and Baines posing with a trophy would make me cry I think.