November 19, 2018, 08:36:44 PM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 22581 times)

September 03, 2018, 06:21:54 PM
Reply #240

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
You flapped already lad. Four games in.

I had November for you in the sweepstakes.

I haven’t flapped anything you little denim hoody ratman, I’m out here looking for positive takes because I’m sick of the negative ones.

Overall I’m not arsed - about on schedule for a 50-65 point season. We’re going to draw with a lot of dross all year, get used to it.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 03, 2018, 09:58:13 PM
Reply #241

Bluedylan

If anyone has any non negative tactics takes on our mate silva this morning I could do with them thanks x

Is everything ok at home, brap?
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

September 03, 2018, 10:11:52 PM
Reply #242

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Is everything ok at home, brap?

No, we’re all evertonians i’m afraid
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 04, 2018, 03:15:28 AM
Reply #243

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I haven’t flapped anything you little denim hoody ratman, I’m out here looking for positive takes because I’m sick of the negative ones.

Overall I’m not arsed - about on schedule for a 50-65 point season. We’re going to draw with a lot of dross all year, get used to it.

We should be 17th according to the XG :)

September 04, 2018, 04:05:36 AM
Reply #244

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
We should be 17th according to the XG :)

Oh I know my mate.

2 red cards and a host of wacky injuries, though, and only 4 games in.

10/11 games lets see what we’re saying. About 1000 mins and we should see some silvaball ideas coming through, especially with Big Yerry and Zoumzoum at the back.

if not I will probably start moaning properly.

September 04, 2018, 05:45:16 AM
Reply #245

Glory

It's the first season under a new manager. The last four seasons have seen wildly different approaches with little to no stability for the players. What is everyone expecting him to do? Win the League?

I was disappoited by the last game, but I am hardly surprised. It will take time. Maybe even a season. If we get on his back after 10 games then we really are our own worst enemy.

September 10, 2018, 11:42:33 PM
Reply #246

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Couldn’t find a cenk thread, have a look at where we’ve been passing the ball to him the poor bastard.

https://twitter.com/efc_statto/status/1039085674811600896?s=21

Got to feel for him haven’t you. Hope we can make some chances for him soon. Even if it’s just crosses!

September 10, 2018, 11:52:21 PM
Reply #247

Shogun

Administrator
Couldn’t find a cenk thread, have a look at where we’ve been passing the ball to him the poor bastard.

Got to feel for him haven’t you. Hope we can make some chances for him soon. Even if it’s just crosses!

Yeah I decided to give him a break after this

I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

September 11, 2018, 01:46:08 AM
Reply #248

Lxxx

The flip side to that is that we're passing to him in these areas because he doesn't have the pace to vary the passes to him. He's working laterally and dropping deep because he can't go the other way. What we really need is a striker who can do what he does but also spin and offer a different line of attack as well.

He's decent at doing what he does but he's not really capable of creating anything for himself either, so as much as we feel for him it's also down to is limitations too.

September 11, 2018, 02:55:11 AM
Reply #249

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
The flip side to that is that we're passing to him in these areas because he doesn't have the pace to vary the passes to him. He's working laterally and dropping deep because he can't go the other way. What we really need is a striker who can do what he does but also spin and offer a different line of attack as well.

He's decent at doing what he does but he's not really capable of creating anything for himself either, so as much as we feel for him it's also down to is limitations too.

There’s an element of chicken and egg but i do really think this is at least party down to our lack of incisive passers in midfield.

At Besiktas he was (firstly playing against crapper players yeah) but secondly getting fed by people like Ozyakup, who do pass progressively and do give him stuff to feed on.

Maybe when we’re clicking a bit more it will start dropping to him, but atm we’re still quite low down the table in terms of amount and quality of chances created which of course is bad news for our strikers.

September 11, 2018, 03:09:51 AM
Reply #250

Lxxx

There’s an element of chicken and egg but i do really think this is at least party down to our lack of incisive passers in midfield.

At Besiktas he was (firstly playing against crapper players yeah) but secondly getting fed by people like Ozyakup, who do pass progressively and do give him stuff to feed on.

Maybe when we’re clicking a bit more it will start dropping to him, but atm we’re still quite low down the table in terms of amount and quality of chances created which of course is bad news for our strikers.

Yeh true. Our midfield three is pretty functional without much creativity in there but he also doesn’t spin or attempt to roll his defender very often as he knows he hasn’t the speed to get away.

Still, it’d be interesting to see how he plays with a player like Bernard who might play balls round the corner to move onto. Or with someone like Gomes who likes to stride forward with the ball and force defenders to think about whether to step up or drop.

September 11, 2018, 04:52:31 AM
Reply #251

sam of the south

Yeh true. Our midfield three is pretty functional without much creativity in there but he also doesn’t spin or attempt to roll his defender very often as he knows he hasn’t the speed to get away.

Still, it’d be interesting to see how he plays with a player like Bernard who might play balls round the corner to move onto. Or with someone like Gomes who likes to stride forward with the ball and force defenders to think about whether to step up or drop.

I’m not feeling optimistic about getting Bernard or Gomes cemented in the side before Christmas to be honest, and it’s a real shame, because creativity wise our midfield is pretty much vile shite.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

September 11, 2018, 02:02:17 PM
Reply #252

Dr. Sponge

Tosun isn’t setting the world alight but he’ll do for now. He’s proving enough of a distraction while our attacking wingers do the damage. The midfield is a much greater worry, we need to be far more dominant in there.

September 11, 2018, 02:24:48 PM
Reply #253

stirlingblue

Not sure where everybody is getting the idea that Tosun is slow from.

For me he’s of average pace, doesn’t look any slower than Niasse who runs in behind all the time

September 11, 2018, 02:27:48 PM
Reply #254

Macca77

Tosun is better than Niasse

There, I said it