November 19, 2018, 03:05:27 AM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 22151 times)

September 17, 2018, 05:06:01 AM
Reply #285

Martip

I’d rather see DCL given a run upfront before moving Richarlison there.

Maybe play him just off the front man with Bernard and Walcott wide?
I'd consider Walcott there...both were so bad today

September 17, 2018, 11:04:31 AM
Reply #286

Dr. Sponge

Not getting this Sigurdson bashing that’s goin on. If we could defend properly and if our strikers didn’t miss glaring sitters the game would have been different.

September 17, 2018, 01:07:24 PM
Reply #287

KoemansNumberTens

Not getting this Sigurdson bashing that’s goin on. If we could defend properly and if our strikers didn’t miss glaring sitters the game would have been different.

He’s a player of good moments. He’d be a good impact sub for anyone. Unfortunately we paid 45m for him and thought he was a playmaker

He’ll score 5 unbelievable goals this season and do very little else. We needed someone to help us control games. Truly horrible signing

September 17, 2018, 01:31:23 PM
Reply #288

Bluedylan

Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

September 17, 2018, 01:36:05 PM
Reply #289

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 17, 2018, 01:39:22 PM
Reply #290

Bluedylan

Oh here we go

Yep, here we go. Awful performance. No defending that like. And overall, not a great start.

And yet first defeat, and you're already throwing this shout out. Amazing.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

September 17, 2018, 02:18:42 PM
Reply #291

Macca77

One defeat and people are already writing Silva off, need to give their heads a wobble. Yes we were shite yesterday, we will learn from it and improve.

September 17, 2018, 02:21:01 PM
Reply #292

Hawkandro

How do we think a midfield 3 of Gomes, McCarthy and Gylfi would look?
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

September 17, 2018, 02:43:41 PM
Reply #293

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Yep, here we go. Awful performance. No defending that like. And overall, not a great start.

And yet first defeat, and you're already throwing this shout out. Amazing.

Absolutely disgusting start. Totally thrown away a great opportunity.

Awful performance yes, but frankly no new problems. Any surprise at that performance, or the individual issues? Not from me.

Not going to sit on here defending myself all week saying ‘no I don’t want him gone’ and reacting to people who reckon i’m ‘writing him off’ etc.

What I am saying is - if that shite continues, which it frankly might considering it’s not exactly a bolt out the blue is it, then he might not last the season.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 17, 2018, 04:01:53 PM
Reply #294

Lazarou

Vs West Ham United

Devoid of anything really and unable to change anything when needed. Nothing has changed much so far no matter who is a manager.

Everton, ruining the transfer market since summer 2018

September 17, 2018, 04:04:41 PM
Reply #295

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Yes to be fair to silva - feels very much like we’re still watching Koeman’s everton because some of the main issues are still present.

With richarlison in the side that goes away a bit because he seems to be a superstar level attacker who can make something out of almost nothing, but the midfield, the Gylfi situation, the striker situation, the two centrebacks (any two?) - same old, same old.

One bright point has been digne, who looks a worthy successor to Baines.

September 17, 2018, 04:35:22 PM
Reply #296

KoemansNumberTens

One defeat and people are already writing Silva off, need to give their heads a wobble. Yes we were shite yesterday, we will learn from it and improve.

6 points from 5 games against shite teams and dreadful defensively

September 17, 2018, 04:38:58 PM
Reply #297

Shogun

Administrator
Still got to give him a couple of transfer windows so we can get a team of Brands/Silva players.

At the moment we’re a Frankenstein of Youth/Martinez/Koeman and Allardyce players.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

September 17, 2018, 04:40:05 PM
Reply #298

sam of the south

How do we think a midfield 3 of Gomes, McCarthy and Gylfi would look?

Like two sicknotes and a square peg ;) 
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

September 17, 2018, 04:40:09 PM
Reply #299

Hawkandro

Silva needs at least 2 or 3 windows to change the squad. Apart from Zouma, Digne and Bernard, this was the same team that struggled all of last season. Hopefully once we get Mina and Gomes fit they will help out with some issues, but the next window we need to address CM and up front. There is no point in sacking Silva this season, unless we are staring relegation in the face. We need to be patient and hold our nerve whilst they try to sort the mess they have been left.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.