December 16, 2018, 02:57:40 AM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 29426 times)

sam of the south, nsno and 16 Guests are viewing this topic.

October 30, 2018, 03:54:53 AM
Reply #420

Dr. Sponge

Nahhhh, full FM

Pickford
   Mina Keane Zouma
Coleman            Digne
         Gana Gomes
             Siggy
      Richarlison DCL

Fullbacks proper bombed on constantly, Gana covering side to side rather than up the pitch, Siggy/Bernard interchangeable, or Lookman/Walcott for more attacking, Richarlison in pretty much a free role, with DCL/Tosun as fixed striker with the others doing more movement....

That’s terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

October 31, 2018, 04:36:29 AM
Reply #421

Bluedylan

Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 31, 2018, 05:22:45 AM
Reply #422

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Quite an interesting analysis of the Utd game:

https://www.coachesvoice.com/tactical-analysis-manchester-united-2-everton-1/

Really good that.

Despite an increase in possession, they still relied on the full-backs to deliver attacking crosses and their play in the final third otherwise lacked invention

@TheRam that’s what I’m worried about at home v Brighton ^ lots down the flanks with Dunk and Duffy putting big fods on everything that comes near them.

Baines aids build up through the middle by cutting passes inside to feet and underlapping inside the full back.

Bainard incoming.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 31, 2018, 01:33:02 PM
Reply #423

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Really good that.

@TheRam that’s what I’m worried about at home v Brighton ^ lots down the flanks with Dunk and Duffy putting big fods on everything that comes near them.

Baines aids build up through the middle by cutting passes inside to feet and underlapping inside the full back.

Bainard incoming.

Baines left back, digne right back maybe?

October 31, 2018, 01:37:24 PM
Reply #424

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Baines left back, digne right back maybe?

NOW we’re talking, full footy manager mode
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 04, 2018, 12:06:35 AM
Reply #425

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Crosses vs two CBs like today’s wasn’t the best idea but overall through history we do love crosses.

I think there’s a synergy between approach and crowd wishes that we haven’t seen for a while.

More specifically the front 4, whoever they are, are very much improved in their positions when pressing.

The opposition are routinely only left with a lofted ball up front.

The defence are also a lot more aggressive in their challenges when it does go up their. I think Silva would rather concede a foul than an easy possession for the opposition.

November 04, 2018, 12:17:59 AM
Reply #426

blueski

Personally liked the attacking combinations and general pace of decisions when we were on the ball in their half today

There were plenty of instances where things didn't come off but its refreshing vs any of the 3 prior regimes. lots of attempted and successful two and 3 player combinations with the end goal being to attempt to create a chance. Yes there were crosses but there were also a lot of attempts to create chances at players feet.

Weve been slogging so long through Everton teams that endlessly passed the ball sideways and backwards it feels liberating doesn't it?
Nil Satis

November 04, 2018, 12:44:09 AM
Reply #427

gizzblue

He never sat down today Silva, the guy is tweaking the system constantly ....every little break in play he is in some players ear, either bigging them up or offering ideas ...I love it .

Really impressed .
Born not made a blue .

November 04, 2018, 12:49:08 AM
Reply #428

sam of the south

He never sat down today Silva, the guy is tweaking the system constantly ....every little break in play he is in some players ear, either bigging them up or offering ideas ...I love it .

Really impressed .

Yeah, I noticed that.

Great to see.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

November 04, 2018, 12:47:11 PM
Reply #429

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Will be interesting to see in the coming weeks but I’m pretty sure on corners at least, that we’re now having Sig and Gueye man marking (in this case the two CBs) and the others in zones.

Obviously we got done for their goal but the change of angle might have caught us out.

But also for our first one it seemed to work well as the man markers were blocking their CBs and Zouma was left free to attack the ball.

November 04, 2018, 02:53:40 PM
Reply #430

Lxxx

If true it shows he’s a pragmatic coach, willing to change and adapt his preferred ways of working to get better results, unlike someone like Martinez for example. 

November 04, 2018, 03:05:51 PM
Reply #431

eyesalwaysblue

Like to see Davies get some game time along side Gomes, think it would do him the world of good and help bring him on, with the transformation lately of Keane's defending i'd hope Davies could be another to make a leap forward along with Lookman and Lewin. The order that issues have been tackled in recruitment and style of play changes can't be argued with lately for me so fair play to all the staff, feel like we can give Chelsea a game next.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

November 04, 2018, 03:20:55 PM
Reply #432

BlueNoseMike

Like to see Davies get some game time along side Gomes, think it would do him the world of good and help bring him on, with the transformation lately of Keane's defending i'd hope Davies could be another to make a leap forward along with Lookman and Lewin. The order that issues have been tackled in recruitment and style of play changes can't be argued with lately for me so fair play to all the staff, feel like we can give Chelsea a game next.

who you dropping for davies, or you mean off the bench? isn't our bench looking good all of a sudden?

November 04, 2018, 03:31:28 PM
Reply #433

eyesalwaysblue

who you dropping for davies, or you mean off the bench? isn't our bench looking good all of a sudden?
Hard to drop anyone mate, but maybe when we've put a game to bed to start with, maybe i've got a soft spot for Davies but still think there's a very good player in there, i had the same feeling for Barkley, maybe i'm too sentimental about home grown lads.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

November 04, 2018, 04:54:04 PM
Reply #434

BlueNoseMike

Hard to drop anyone mate, but maybe when we've put a game to bed to start with, maybe i've got a soft spot for Davies but still think there's a very good player in there, i had the same feeling for Barkley, maybe i'm too sentimental about home grown lads.

No I agree, I like Davies. Just he isn't a first 11 player currently and depending on how the game is going there's better options off bench. If we are chasing a game DCL Lookman Tosun are the obvious subs

If we are in control say 2 - 0 you could take Sig off for Davies to be fair. Can't think of many other ways you'd get him in. If we are well in control maybe as a way to rest gueye and gomes but I'd rather they stay on as it's likely that we are in control because they are the ones controlling it