December 18, 2018, 04:29:40 PM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 30118 times)

November 11, 2018, 07:28:30 PM
Reply #510

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Because he’s a good player?

Good enough for Everton?

November 11, 2018, 07:29:40 PM
Reply #511

Bluedylan

Because he’s a good player?

'Good' or 'better than we have' isn't enough, as you were saying the other day.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

November 11, 2018, 07:39:05 PM
Reply #512

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
'Good' or 'better than we have' isn't enough, as you were saying the other day.

Ah fair enough. Not sure how good a player he is exactly I guess but he’s a good player. Should get picked up if they go down.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 11, 2018, 07:49:12 PM
Reply #513

stirlingblue

I’m still not sure what Silva is looking for in a number 9.

We’ve been linked with all sorts of players, and not really any consistency in the type between them.

Is he looking for a modern target man like Giroud/Mitrovic, a smaller tricky player like Aguero/Firmino or a pace merchant like Aubameyang/Wilson?

November 11, 2018, 11:43:33 PM
Reply #514

Martip

Things are looking a lot more positive at the moment and the Silva/Brands combo must take a massive amount of credit.

Some good home wins followed by 3 good away performances against some of the best teams in league have really got my pecker up and for the first time in ages teams really won't want to play us. Bravo!

November 12, 2018, 02:54:54 AM
Reply #515

Bluenose 91

Feels like ages since we've had an away game against a side not in the top 6.

Now we're looking more and more comfortable with Silvas style I cant wait for some away games against the lesser sides.

Should hopefully pick up a lot more points on the road this season.

November 12, 2018, 02:59:14 AM
Reply #516

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Feels like ages since we've had an away game against a side not in the top 6.

Now we're looking more and more comfortable with Silvas style I cant wait for some away games against the lesser sides.

Should hopefully pick up a lot more points on the road this season.

Plus, Bournemouth based on season to date wasn’t an easy game (nor Wolves and Leicester).

Looking at it, early teething problems with defensive set up from set pieces has stopped us being right up there.

Looked like scoring in every away game so far too.

November 12, 2018, 03:00:09 AM
Reply #517

Bluenose 91

Plus, Bournemouth based on season to date wasn’t an easy game (nor Wolves and Leicester).

Looking at it, early teething problems with defensive set up from set pieces has stopped us being right up there.

Looked like scoring in every away game so far too.

Yeah. Not really played anyone actually shit away from home yet.

November 12, 2018, 03:00:43 AM
Reply #518

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Think Wolves, West Ham and Leicester will all be in the mix for 7th. Have to say Bournemouth have been good as well.

If he can seal that 7th place and give 6th a bit of a long hard look, continuing along the lines we’ve seen on the pitch then I’d say this was a good year.

Give me another Richarlison and a few Dignes next summer and we are cooking with gas.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 12, 2018, 03:03:38 AM
Reply #519

Martip

Think Wolves, West Ham and Leicester will all be in the mix for 7th. Have to say Bournemouth have been good as well.

If he can seal that 7th place and give 6th a bit of a long hard look, continuing along the lines we’ve seen on the pitch then I’d say this was a good year.

Give me another Richarlison and a few Dignes next summer and we are cooking with gas.
You know what I m not sure if I'm caught in the moment but I think sack of tosun in Jan and buy a top class forward and we maybe could attack 5th or 6th.

November 12, 2018, 03:06:23 AM
Reply #520

gizzblue

Marco set up perfect against Chelsea today ....everyone knew exactly what they were doing ,even the subs .

We are now without a doubt a TEAM again .
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 05:07:49 AM by gizzblue »
Born not made a blue .

November 12, 2018, 03:11:43 AM
Reply #521

arteta4spain

You know what I m not sure if I'm caught in the moment but I think sack of tosun in Jan and buy a top class forward and we maybe could attack 5th or 6th.
Deffo game for that. I don’t think Silva rates him hence bringing on dcl today and always using Richarlison up too rather than on the wing. Haven’t a clue who to go for tho. Be interesting to see where we’re at come Jan.

November 12, 2018, 03:34:14 AM
Reply #522

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Yes getting harder to see Tosun’s way back isn’t it. Shame because he seems sound he just hasn’t blown anyone away.

Richarlison doing OK up top still, think an upgrade in CM could still be the biggest step forward we take. A top RB to fill the position for the next 5-6 years would be good, and of course a real thoroughbred goal scorer is welcome at any club, but similar to someone above - I’ve no idea what sort of striker he’d want for this side.

Or what we’ll do with the left hand side with Richarlison, Lookman and Bernard all making a case for it.

November 12, 2018, 03:57:24 AM
Reply #523

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
The No9 position is a hard one.  They need to be a physical presence to be able to work defenders and hold the ball up, quick so they can close down and break, and an absolute machine so they can keep running for 90 minutes.

Like a stronger Firminho maybe?

Richarlison ticks the most boxes, but DCL is on the way there.  Tosun lacks the speed and engine really, which is a shame as he looks a good traditional No9.
My momma says I'm special.

November 12, 2018, 04:09:17 AM
Reply #524

stirlingblue

The No9 position is a hard one.  They need to be a physical presence to be able to work defenders and hold the ball up, quick so they can close down and break, and an absolute machine so they can keep running for 90 minutes.

Like a stronger Firminho maybe?

Richarlison ticks the most boxes, but DCL is on the way there.  Tosun lacks the speed and engine really, which is a shame as he looks a good traditional No9.

Seems like DCL has everything except the goals