December 12, 2018, 01:30:48 PM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 27983 times)

November 12, 2018, 04:25:55 AM
Reply #525

Lxxx

Seems like DCL has everything except the goals

Wouldn’t have forgiven him if Chelsea had notched a late winner from that free kick though.

No idea what he was doing heading back infield instead of bearing down on the corner flag with 60 seconds left on the clock.

November 12, 2018, 05:23:00 AM
Reply #526

Ramjam

I think we might defer our transfer dealings until the summer, the squad we have are good enough to finish 7th so more money in the kitty for the summer window. Expecting a quiet January
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

November 12, 2018, 12:00:28 PM
Reply #527

oztoffee

I think we might defer our transfer dealings until the summer, the squad we have are good enough to finish 7th so more money in the kitty for the summer window. Expecting a quiet January
Never say die.......if all goes according to the fates, we'll get the 3 points from Cardiff next outing while I reckon The Arse are a good candidate for a point from Bournemouth and we'll be 6th.
What would you do if you came home and found Alex Young in bed with your wife?
Cover him up so he won't get cold!

November 12, 2018, 01:41:28 PM
Reply #528

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Moshiri said we wouldn't be spending in Jan and wants to bed in the youngsters.

But I think replacements for Tosun & Walcott are now top of our priority list.
Jury is still out on Gomes, but it definitely wouldn't hurt to have another option in the middle. (Both a defensive & and offensive one really. Gana, Davies & Gomes for 2 positions is insufficient i feel. Especially if we grab a Europa spot)

November 12, 2018, 01:46:59 PM
Reply #529

Jamokachi

No idea what he was doing heading back infield instead of bearing down on the corner flag with 60 seconds left on the clock.

Trying to win. Something we've been demanding, in vein, for years.

November 12, 2018, 01:48:21 PM
Reply #530

Lxxx

Trying to win. Something we've been demanding, in vein, for years.

He was on his own against three defenders. It was immaturity but thankfully it didn’t cost us.

November 12, 2018, 01:50:04 PM
Reply #531

Jamokachi

He was on his own against three defenders. It was immaturity but thankfully it didn’t cost us.

I know, kind of nice to see we were still going for it though.

November 12, 2018, 01:54:52 PM
Reply #532

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Jury is still out on Gomes, but it definitely wouldn't hurt to have another option in the middle. (Both a defensive & and offensive one really. Gana, Davies & Gomes for 2 positions is insufficient i feel. Especially if we grab a Europa spot)

Yeah can understand him in that we’ve spent and we want to take stock and let the dust settle, but if there are deals there for the right players then we should never say never.

Don’t think Jan is the vital time to make the changes because I don’t think there’s a great deal we can do this year, but yeah centre mid, right wing (unless, Lookman..) and up top all need reinforcements.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 12, 2018, 02:02:01 PM
Reply #533

Lxxx

I think Moshiri is just being a little more circumspect now.

If Brands came to him with a great deal I’m sure he’d look at it, he’s just not telling the world money isn’t an object anymore.

November 12, 2018, 02:06:25 PM
Reply #534

Macca77

We don't need to spend in January anyway, you'd would hope we will be on the phone to Barca and Chelsea to try to tie up permanent deals for Gomes and Zouma

November 12, 2018, 02:17:59 PM
Reply #535

bluenuck

I think if a player at the top of our list in those positions is available and wants to come here it will happen.

But I don’t see brands pulling the trigger I’m january on a player that’s 3rd or 4th down the list. He’ll wait till next summer.

Tosun, Walcott, and our mid field is fine for the rest of this season.

November 12, 2018, 02:21:46 PM
Reply #536

Hawkandro

We don't need to spend in January anyway, you'd would hope we will be on the phone to Barca and Chelsea to try to tie up permanent deals for Gomes and Zouma

Gomes and Zouma are not available to buy apparently (well, according to the Echo anyway). Christensen may well be on his way out at Chelsea though, so he would be a target. If we cannot tempt Barca to sell Gomes / loan us again, then I would imagine Brands will have identified a target who is like for like and available.

I wouldn't be adverse to letting Walcott go either; remnant of the old regime sadly (though this is not his fault). Expensive and older. Lozano would be an ideal upgrade for the new, younger Everton.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

November 12, 2018, 02:23:25 PM
Reply #537

Macca77

Gomes and Zouma are not available to buy apparently (well, according to the Echo anyway). Christensen may well be on his way out at Chelsea though, so he would be a target. If we cannot tempt Barca to sell Gomes / loan us again, then I would imagine Brands will have identified a target who is like for like and available.

I wouldn't be adverse to letting Walcott go either; remnant of the old regime sadly (though this is not his fault). Expensive and older. Lozano would be an ideal upgrade for the new, younger Everton.

Did you hear that huge thud then? That was the sound of my heart breaking

November 12, 2018, 02:27:19 PM
Reply #538

Jamokachi

Gomes is. Barca spent the entire summer trying to flog him.

November 12, 2018, 02:36:52 PM
Reply #539

Hawkandro

Gomes is. Barca spent the entire summer trying to flog him.

He has an £80m release clause, I reckon we will sort a deal out if he continues as he is doing.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.