August 20, 2019, 06:00:00 AM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 93849 times)

January 11, 2019, 04:19:24 PM
Reply #1200

markB

The problem we are now facing isn't too dissimilar from last season, in that we don't seem to have a front man who can cause other teams problems.

Richarlison sounds like he doesn't really want to be the main man, and DCL/Tosun like to come deep for the ball rather than pushing the opposition defenders and staying on the last man. Niasse doesn't have the quality or consistency to play for Everton.

Playing with DCL/Tosun causes the whole team tactical issues. Because they both don't like staying on the last man, and aren't particularly blessed with lightening pace/power, the opposition defence can step up and squeeze the pitch. This gives our midfield less time on the ball, and so they have to have pinpoint accuracy in order to make anything happen. I do believe this is why Silva is forced to play DCL rather than Tosun, as he is the quicker of the 2, and the best of a bad bunch. I still believe Tosun is the best finisher at the club, however I just don't see how he fits into our system and helps the team.

I'm not sure that the striker issue will be solved in January, but we have to sort it out in August, as we still haven't found the permanent solution to losing Lukaku.

DCL is one of the quickest in the league

just one thing to think about with him he came back into the starting 11 after the team started to dip , was taking out of the team when he was playing well at the start of the season
we have 3 for the spot and the managers is not happy with 2 of them so what must DCL be thinking when a winger is playing there over him when he was playing well (all be it not banging one in every game ) 

January 11, 2019, 04:43:53 PM
Reply #1201

Gary1878

NSNO Subscriber
DCL is one of the quickest in the league

just one thing to think about with him he came back into the starting 11 after the team started to dip , was taking out of the team when he was playing well at the start of the season
we have 3 for the spot and the managers is not happy with 2 of them so what must DCL be thinking when a winger is playing there over him when he was playing well (all be it not banging one in every game ) 

In terms of pace, I was more referring to Tosun - DCL is quick but the fact that he can't effectively use it, or Silva can't get the best out of it is more worrying. He also needs to get a predatory instinct about him and start finishing. There is no excuse for him to not be more lethal around goal.

January 11, 2019, 04:50:22 PM
Reply #1202

Macca77

Being one of the quickest in the league doesn't necessarily mean you're a good player does it, DCL is not gonna score 20+ goals in a season, won't get 10

January 11, 2019, 06:06:56 PM
Reply #1203

markB

In terms of pace, I was more referring to Tosun - DCL is quick but the fact that he can't effectively use it, or Silva can't get the best out of it is more worrying. He also needs to get a predatory instinct about him and start finishing. There is no excuse for him to not be more lethal around goal.

this season is gone really for me I would use this season now to find out if he can do it up there give him a run of games ,see if he is better after it or is it time to loan him out in the summer to get more game time
we can't be saying it every year he needs time its time to find out if he has it even if its only to find out he will be a good backup  but the other 2 need to go asap

January 11, 2019, 06:23:07 PM
Reply #1204

sam of the south

Going a bit too quick for me here.

Are you saying we’re missing a sort of deep lying playmaker type to work it back and out wide, or missing a frontman who can pivot and lay it off?

Both? 🤔
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

January 11, 2019, 06:23:58 PM
Reply #1205

markB

Being one of the quickest in the league doesn't necessarily mean you're a good player does it, DCL is not gonna score 20+ goals in a season, won't get 10

Total 18/19:  20 5 1 2 - - 836'  that an avg playing time of 41 mins a game the 5and1 mostly came at the start of the season then he got dropped as we were playing "well" and so was he for the most part , the 20 games bit is a bit of a mislead with the coming on with 5 mins to go if that

so won't get 10 goals is a bit over the top given the time on the pitch he would be a 15 goal a season player easy to get up to 20+ he is going to need game time and to get better that's clear for all to see

its a bit hard to work it out about him with us not playing well anyone up there at the min is not going to get near 20 goals no matter who they are
(and just to be clear I am not saying he is a 20 goal a season player )

January 11, 2019, 06:35:09 PM
Reply #1206

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Good poster on the sly is our @markB
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 11, 2019, 06:58:21 PM
Reply #1207

markB

Good poster on the sly is our @markB

lol its seems we have the same views on how 433 works and I loved that bunching up post last week

January 13, 2019, 10:25:19 PM
Reply #1208

markB

6 now  :woohoo:

January 13, 2019, 10:32:44 PM
Reply #1209

Gary1878

NSNO Subscriber

6 now  :woohoo:

Its exactly the kind of clinical finish that I was saying we need to start seeing from him. He does seem to be better coming off the bench than playing from the start though.

January 13, 2019, 10:38:19 PM
Reply #1210

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Mad how he gets stuck for being an inconsistent 21yr old, when most 21yr olds don’t get many mins in the prem and when they do they tend to be inconsistent.

Lovely finish today, not for the first time and certainly not the last time we will see him placing it in the back of the net from 18 yards out.

January 13, 2019, 10:44:10 PM
Reply #1211

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
It’s another goal that doesn’t really make a difference though.

He needs to start making an actual impact in games.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

January 13, 2019, 10:44:52 PM
Reply #1212

Lxxx

He might get double figures you know. Which isn't great if he's your main striker but not bad if he's a young squad player making his way in the game.

January 13, 2019, 10:45:17 PM
Reply #1213

duncandisorderly

Was slow to change it today, but when he did we were better in the last 10 of the 1st half. Got to be starting better than that though, could have easily been a couple down in the first 30 mins, lucky not to give away a penalty. He should have took Gomes off after the tackle after the booking, we dodged a bullet with that.

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk

January 13, 2019, 10:45:45 PM
Reply #1214

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
It’s another goal that doesn’t really make a difference though.

He needs to start making an actual impact in games.

Killed the game dead when he was presented with an opportunity.