16 (20.8%)
Davies (Sub)
0 (0%)
DCL (Sub)
0 (0%)
Niasse (Sub)
1 (1.3%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Author Topic: Everton V Southampton  (Read 10918 times)

August 18, 2018, 11:11:29 PM
Reply #465

Deano Blue Boy

Hard picking a man of the match today.

Walcott has proved an amazing signing.

August 18, 2018, 11:11:31 PM
Reply #466

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Keane was very good today. Holy aye have the ball away much more but both are very good. They both play the ball on the floor and we look so much better for it. Jags is the better defender but his passing causes us to defend more than we need to.

Pickford dicey again today. Hope he gets his concentration up again soon.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

August 18, 2018, 11:12:07 PM
Reply #467

Cuttyblue

Beeb phone-in caller: "We need a world class striker.  Tosun doesn't have the pace/not explosive enough"

Hmm...

August 18, 2018, 11:13:17 PM
Reply #468

Shogun

Administrator
Solid performance, especially first half, but definitely room for improvement. Switched off coming out of the half and conceded a silly goal.

The interplay up front is quite pleasing to watch. Tosun seems to really enjoy the quick layoffs, and Sigurdsson looks to be in his element. Two wingers that know where the net is (Walcott's miss notwithstanding) help things out a lot. And again, we could have had another 1-2 goals.

Holgate was immense, Gana everywhere. Davies looked very disciplined and did a job after the Schneiderlin injury.

Brave sub in bringing off Tosun for DCL instead of a defender, but worked to give a pacier outlet at the top.

All told, well satisfied with the three points. Bournemouth away next weekend.

Be happy with a point from that.

5 points to start would be pretty nice.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

August 18, 2018, 11:13:31 PM
Reply #469

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Mate, I was flapping at 2-1

August 18, 2018, 11:14:50 PM
Reply #470

KoemansNumberTens

Once Keane is out of there we'll come on leaps..

He looks levels below everyone else. Luckily we’ve got two potentially great centre halves to come in

August 18, 2018, 11:17:13 PM
Reply #471

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Think we would have got 1 point out of these two games last season. Would have lost at Wolves after the Jags red and thrown away our 2 goal lead today. Small steps but relatively happy so far
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

August 18, 2018, 11:18:02 PM
Reply #472

stirlingblue

Beeb phone-in caller: "We need a world class striker.  Tosun doesn't have the pace/not explosive enough"

Hmm...

Thought Tosun did well today

This set up needs a striker who does the grunt work like Benzema at Madrid, the goal threat comes from the wings

August 18, 2018, 11:18:08 PM
Reply #473

eyesalwaysblue

He looks levels below everyone else. Luckily we’ve got two potentially great centre halves to come in
He's good in the air can be good on the deck  can tackle but has the positional sense of a fly with a wing pulled off.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

August 18, 2018, 11:19:25 PM
Reply #474

blue slug

Mate, I was flapping at 2-1

I flap at 2-0, 3-0 and my bottom relaxes

August 18, 2018, 11:25:31 PM
Reply #475

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber

Siggurdsson for me
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

August 18, 2018, 11:28:52 PM
Reply #476

Martip

Spot on....Not really sure why he has his doubters really.

August 18, 2018, 11:30:35 PM
Reply #477

Cuttyblue

Seamus Coleman's post-match interview excellent.  Saying the right things "not happy with conceding from a set piece... enjoyed watching the attacking players interchanging passes"  Captain talking here.

August 18, 2018, 11:31:13 PM
Reply #478

mikey_blue

Hmm...

Such a pointless statement though. Who doesn’t need a world class striker? It would obviously be nice to have Diego Costa instead, but let’s be real, if we’ve got pace and power on either flank and we can put a good delivery, then all Cenk needs to do is be in the right place, which he’s proved he can do.

August 18, 2018, 11:34:04 PM
Reply #479

eyesalwaysblue

Spot on....Not really sure why he has his doubters really.
His doubters come from his past with the Arse and England, he sometimes is invisible, it's his flaw, hopefully we've bought him at the right time and he wants to do well here before he finishes, he has all the talent in the world though, it's up to him, let's hope so.
I still despise Clive Thomas..