16 (20.8%)
Davies (Sub)
0 (0%)
DCL (Sub)
0 (0%)
Niasse (Sub)
1 (1.3%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Author Topic: Everton V Southampton  (Read 10281 times)

August 14, 2018, 07:37:52 AM
Reply #45

Toddacelli

Should twat these. That worries me

Because Everton.

But I really get the feeling things could be changing for us. So allow yourself some hope...

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

August 14, 2018, 10:16:33 AM
Reply #46

Bluedylan

I'll take any sort of win tbh, just to get some points on the board and some positivity going with the new manager and new players.

We were good against Watford, but we should expect some ups and downs in performance while we're trying to adopt Silva's tactics and trying to accommodate a load of new players. We might have two steps forward and one step back at times while we're in this phase.

I think it's a bit premature to be giving it 'we should twat these'. Any win will do for now.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

August 14, 2018, 01:37:00 PM
Reply #47

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I'll take any sort of win tbh, just to get some points on the board and some positivity going with the new manager and new players.

We were good against Watford, but we should expect some ups and downs in performance while we're trying to adopt Silva's tactics and trying to accommodate a load of new players. We might have two steps forward and one step back at times while we're in this phase.

I think it's a bit premature to be giving it 'we should twat these'. Any win will do for now.

Especially as it will probably be a different pattern with them allowing us lots more of the ball and putting a bit more emphasis on us coming up with something more often from slow possession.

August 14, 2018, 01:56:43 PM
Reply #48

NickNack

That 0-3 the one with 2 O.G's   let's remember though we are at home, so they will have 8-0 memories.
I remember that 8-0 game in the early 70ís, being freezing cold and it snowing. Also vague recollections of one of our fans jumping onto the pitch and giving Gordon West a cup of tea   :D

August 14, 2018, 02:05:37 PM
Reply #49

Toffee_4_Life

Watford? It wasnít you who put Deeney to score first in the prediction thread was it? 😉

August 14, 2018, 02:27:36 PM
Reply #50

Cozzie

The 7-1 game was great as well.

Speed hat trick I think.

5-1 up at half time.

August 14, 2018, 04:13:06 PM
Reply #51

Big Nev

NSNO Subscriber
I remember that 8-0 game in the early 70’s, being freezing cold and it snowing. Also vague recollections of one of our fans jumping onto the pitch and giving Gordon West a cup of tea   :D

That's right.
I was there as well. A guy in Gwladys Street Upper stand walks in just before kick off and shouted Eight nil today lads.... we all laughed. I remember thinking ..I hope he had a bet on!!

Royle    4
Johnson  3
Ball   1
Rotterdam \'85
I was there!!!

August 14, 2018, 04:15:31 PM
Reply #52

TheTone

Funny, It took a few moments to even remember last season's match after these thread comments but I'll remember the 0-3 under Martinez as long as I live.

worst xmas ever that

August 14, 2018, 04:15:50 PM
Reply #53

sam of the south

I remember that 8-0 game in the early 70ís, being freezing cold and it snowing. Also vague recollections of one of our fans jumping onto the pitch and giving Gordon West a cup of tea   :D

I love this post
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

August 14, 2018, 04:52:36 PM
Reply #54

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Especially as it will probably be a different pattern with them allowing us lots more of the ball and putting a bit more emphasis on us coming up with something more often from slow possession.

Think well see one DM with 2 ahead, probably Schneiderlin.

Doubt he will make the plunge and drop Gana for a more forward thinking player, but Iíd be sound with it if he did. Heís playing well and heís a boss player but we hopefully wonít need that amount of pressing so could maybe put Davies or even Dowell in there.

Oo - or Bernard!
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 14, 2018, 05:12:23 PM
Reply #55

eyesalwaysblue

we had some gooduns in the 70s Coventry, Chelsea i was at, but unfortunately was at the boxing day 2-6 against Utd, me and me brother were given free tickets outside the ground, were we chuffed.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

August 14, 2018, 06:16:21 PM
Reply #56

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Think well see one DM with 2 ahead, probably Schneiderlin.

Doubt he will make the plunge and drop Gana for a more forward thinking player, but Iíd be sound with it if he did. Heís playing well and heís a boss player but we hopefully wonít need that amount of pressing so could maybe put Davies or even Dowell in there.

Oo - or Bernard!

Donít think Bernard will be available until after the international break given not played since March?

Yeah completely agree on the other stuff.

Would expect the more conservative (sensible) choice of Gueye while we try and get points before new signings/ patterns are ingrained etc.

August 14, 2018, 06:22:25 PM
Reply #57

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Donít think Bernard will be available until after the international break given not played since March?

Yeah completely agree on the other stuff.

Would expect the more conservative (sensible) choice of Gueye while we try and get points before new signings/ patterns are ingrained etc.

Yeah me too. Surely same personnel can play a slightly different set up tho. Will be interesting to see if he can get more out of gueye going forward then Koeman or Sam could, because all three have had that same issue and dealt with it in the same way.

Silva doesnít have rooney to utilise though.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 14, 2018, 06:31:05 PM
Reply #58

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah me too. Surely same personnel can play a slightly different set up tho. Will be interesting to see if he can get more out of gueye going forward then Koeman or Sam could, because all three have had that same issue and dealt with it in the same way.

Silva doesn’t have rooney to utilise though.

Does he have to get more out of Gana going forward?

He was brilliant against wolves doing what he's very good at. Winning the ball and popping it off.

Take him out this team and the whole dynamic of the midfield changes for the worst.

If you're looking at bringing Davies, Dowell or Bernard in then it has to be for Sigurdsson.

August 14, 2018, 06:33:47 PM
Reply #59

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Does he have to get more out of Gana going forward?

He was brilliant against wolves doing what he's very good at. Winning the ball and popping it off.

Take him out this team and the whole dynamic of the midfield changes for the worst.

If you're looking at bringing Davies, Dowell or Bernard in then it has to be for Sigurdsson.
There isn't many in the pl better than Gueye when he does that type of thing
Simply simply lovely