16 (20.8%)
Davies (Sub)
0 (0%)
DCL (Sub)
0 (0%)
Niasse (Sub)
1 (1.3%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Author Topic: Everton V Southampton  (Read 11194 times)

August 19, 2018, 12:10:04 AM
Reply #495

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
In car on the way back from the game heard Hughes on the radio saying Pickford should have been sent off. Didnt get a good view if but it didnt look like a sending off to me........

For what?
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

August 19, 2018, 12:12:31 AM
Reply #496

kramer0

In car on the way back from the game heard Hughes on the radio saying Pickford should have been sent off. Didnt get a good view if but it didnt look like a sending off to me........

Hughes has the worst post-game takes in the business.

He thinks that his team should have scored every good chance they created and that every good chance the opponent missed was exactly right. Plus, there are usually extra bits of nonsense like the above sprinkled in.

So yeah, the worst.

August 19, 2018, 12:15:04 AM
Reply #497

Martip

All true, it's funny but we could actually be the club who benefits most from him, wouldn't that be a refreshing change.
Fingers crossed !

August 19, 2018, 12:16:43 AM
Reply #498

Omar

What's baffling is that Richarlison aside, this is basically the same team we ran out last season but entirely different feel to it.

Also, Mark Hughes is a cunt.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 12:17:51 AM by Omar »
You come at the king, you best not miss.

August 19, 2018, 12:18:22 AM
Reply #499

Martip

What's baffling is that Richarlison aside, this is basically the same team we ran out last season but entirely different feel to it.
Amazing what a bit of confidence, an arm round the shoulder and some tactical knowledge can do !

August 19, 2018, 12:23:17 AM
Reply #500

mikey_blue

Also, Mark Hughes is a cunt.

Systems matter. Koeman and Big Sam played disjointed shit house football, and the players knew it. Silva is letting them express themselves on the ball and drilling them off it. The lads look happier and that’s what brings the results. Early days, but started well.

August 19, 2018, 12:23:27 AM
Reply #501

NomadskiEFC

NSNO Subscriber
Just got back from the game, happy with the result and the first half generally but we still conceded waay too many good chances to them, and we looked half asleep for a good 20 minutes of the second half.

Still, versus what we endured last year, an improvement.

EDIT: Also, the Southampton players were having a proper moan at the ref for a couple of minutes at the end.  ???
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 12:25:30 AM by NomadskiEFC »
Once A Blue NEVER a Red

August 19, 2018, 12:26:48 AM
Reply #502

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Sigurdsson had a very good game.

We made the most of set pieces to increase the pressure by getting attempts on target even if they weren’t likely to go in.

Much better ideas and you can see what we’re trying to do.

August 19, 2018, 12:31:54 AM
Reply #503

Normm

It's nice that choices for man of the match are largely due to being on the front foot throughout. Think Gueye deserves praise for again putting us on the front foot. He's revived under Silva

From what I can see, everyone seems revived under Silva. Though we haven't seen much of Lookman yet, I would guess he will be glad he's still here and relishing to get his chance with this style of play.

Davies looked back to his best - sharp, aware, great lay-offs, great intercepts. Sigs was outstanding. Keane looks a different player. Gana is back to his proactive best. Tosun was solid as CF. Baines belies his years. Holgate did really well. Richarlison looks to be one of the most exciting players we have signed in years.

OK, some sharpness and understanding still lacking, especially on zonal marking. But, hey - this is so much better. At the end of the first half, I was drop jaw thinking: "The glory days are coming back." - At the end of the second, I was wiping the sweat off my brow in relief! - But we are definitely headed in the right direction!  :badum:   :woohoo:

August 19, 2018, 12:33:36 AM
Reply #504

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
From what I can see, everyone seems revived under Silva. Though we haven't seen much of Lookman yet, I would guess he will be glad he's still here and relishing to get his chance with this style of play.

Davies looked back to his best - sharp, aware, great lay-offs, great intercepts. Sigs was outstanding. Keane looks a different player. Gana is back to his proactive best. Tosun was solid as CF. Baines belies his years. Holgate did really well. Richarlison looks to be one of the most exciting players we have signed in years.

OK, some sharpness and understanding still lacking, especially on zonal marking. But, hey - this is so much better. At the end of the first half, I was drop jaw thinking: "The glory days are coming back." - At the end of the second, I was wiping the sweat off my brow in relief! - But we are definitely headed in the right direction!  :badum:   :woohoo:

All i wanted for this season is an improvement in the football and we are already seeing some of that

August 19, 2018, 12:42:30 AM
Reply #505

kramer0

I think it's mostly a matter of the players knowing what they're doing and buying into it.

Under Koeman and Unsworth, we were all over the place and I don't think the players understood the plan on a match-to-match basis. And under Allardyce, the plan was clear, simple, and utterly depressing.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 12:49:42 AM by kramer0 »

August 19, 2018, 12:43:05 AM
Reply #506

Martip

All i wanted for this season is an improvement in the football and we are already seeing some of that
Got a good feeling that there's plenty more to come  :woohoo:

August 19, 2018, 12:46:25 AM
Reply #507

blue slug

Hughes has the worst post-game takes in the business.

He thinks that his team should have scored every good chance they created and that every good chance the opponent missed was exactly right. Plus, there are usually extra bits of nonsense like the above sprinkled in.

So yeah, the worst.

Hughes is one of if not the biggest whopper in football he’s a full on weapon

August 19, 2018, 12:47:04 AM
Reply #508

Trowel

I wasn't happy with the way we constantly cleared long toward the end of the game, losing posession most of the time - fortunately Southampton were poor enough not to take advantage of these understandable nerves, and we show signs that we'll get the confidence back to kill games by keeping the ball.
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

August 19, 2018, 12:56:15 AM
Reply #509

AllyBlue14

Top 4, above the Shite, West Ham bottom and another loss for Mark Hughes.

We've had worse days.