16 (20.8%)
Davies (Sub)
0 (0%)
DCL (Sub)
0 (0%)
Niasse (Sub)
1 (1.3%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Author Topic: Everton V Southampton  (Read 11150 times)

August 19, 2018, 12:58:59 AM
Reply #510

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I wasn't happy with the way we constantly cleared long toward the end of the game, losing posession most of the time - fortunately Southampton were poor enough not to take advantage of these understandable nerves, and we show signs that we'll get the confidence back to kill games by keeping the ball.

Clearing long when we have Calvert Lewin and Niasse on makes sense

August 19, 2018, 01:03:56 AM
Reply #511

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Clearing long when we have Calvert Lewin and Niasse on makes sense

Yes could even be argued we overdid the short stuff with a prominent example being the last free kick that set up their last counter attack.

August 19, 2018, 01:25:02 AM
Reply #512

Omar

Top 4, above the Shite, West Ham bottom and another loss for Mark Hughes.

We've had worse days.

To be fair, there's still a lot that have only played one game. Not looking good for the Arse though.
You come at the king, you best not miss.

August 19, 2018, 01:28:52 AM
Reply #513

Dr. Sponge

Seeing West Ham bottom of the league gave me a slight twitch.

August 19, 2018, 01:39:26 AM
Reply #514

Lxxx

We started the game with tempo which was great, although they could and should have scored in that first half.

Hope Schneiderlin isn't out for long, much better game today. Zouma for Keane next week and we'll be progressing nicely.

August 19, 2018, 02:09:36 AM
Reply #515

gizzblue

Loved the game and the atmos at the old lady today ....Richarlson is having a positive affect on those in the squad. ...everyonw id working harder again even schneids before he went off ..  Walcott was a lot better and on another day would've had a hat trick ,still having issued feeding Tosun but it will come ....Sig was another level again but gotta give my mom to Holgate ....when you consider he's only really played two games has been brilliant .

As for Marco I'm more convinced by him then any of our last four managers ....he's got loads of ideas not just one plan .....gonna be a cracking season .imho.
Born not made a blue .

August 19, 2018, 02:10:53 AM
Reply #516

eugene

We started the game with tempo which was great, although they could and should have scored in that first half.

Hope Schneiderlin isn't out for long, much better game today. Zouma for Keane next week and we'll be progressing nicely.
Wow how the circle turns, imagine a remark about Schneiderlin being made like that say 2 months ago unreal.
Now thatís not to say I donít agree with you my friend

August 19, 2018, 02:13:43 AM
Reply #517

Shogun

Administrator
Moreso because we have no direct replacement for Schneiderlin.

Though I think Besic is still knocking about.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

August 19, 2018, 02:20:58 AM
Reply #518

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Moreso because we have no direct replacement for Schneiderlin.

Though I think Besic is still knocking about.

Would rather see Davies in that position and think we will if it comes to it

August 19, 2018, 02:23:28 AM
Reply #519

Shogun

Administrator
Would rather see Davies in that position and think we will if it comes to it

Yeah heíll adjust Ganaís role in the team to accodste the change youíd imagine.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

August 19, 2018, 02:39:08 AM
Reply #520

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Just got home.  We played some lovely football today.

Sigurdsson showing what he can do playing in a more advanced role than he got last year, and he was definitely playing like someone who knows theres a little Brazillian waiting in the wings to pressure him for his place in a few weeks.

Holgate was immense.  No way should he be even considered to be replaced by the new lads yet.  Keane on the other hand did alright in the most, but he lacks awareness of what is going on massively.  And he's not got the pace to make up for it, so I'd put Zouma in for him next week.

Richarlison is going to get kicked to fuck every week if he's going to start scooping balls over peoples heads.  I love it.
My momma says I'm special.

August 19, 2018, 03:14:15 AM
Reply #521

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Still out, a little tipsy so bare with me
Should have been dead and buried and soton should never have got a look in
I believe the offside goal was onside, Walcott missed a sitter too, cracking move that as well.
We played some nice stuff at times and went direct at others, seems to have his head screwed on silva
Probably the most Influential game I've seen off sigurdsson but he had so much to do as well.
Can someone teach Keane to sprint.
Love tosun and richarlison, they proper seem to get Everton

All in all I liked what I saw and heaven forbid.... I thought we were better when schneiderlin was on over Davies... Sorry.
Simply simply lovely

August 19, 2018, 03:40:26 AM
Reply #522

Juanito

Think we lost shape when Schneiderlin went off, despite Davies playing well. Would also start Holgate and have him alongside Zouma in next game, as I think he was better than Keane today. Future is bright.

August 19, 2018, 03:54:41 AM
Reply #523

Gash

Global Moderator
What's baffling is that Richarlison aside, this is basically the same team we ran out last season but entirely different feel to it.

Also, Mark Hughes is a cunt.

I think it just goes to show that people were right last year to say we weren't as bad a squad as the football on display and the majority were decent players. A different manager with a fresh approach and playing players to their strengths is a breath of fresh air for everyone, players and fans rather than having the boring, negative 'don't lose' attitude of last year.

You could feel the difference in and around the ground, it was still quiet at times but the moans and groans have been replaced by applause for effort or attempting something even when it doesn't come off.

August 19, 2018, 04:04:21 AM
Reply #524

Cozzie

Happy with that today.

We still conceded lots of chances like but refreshing football was nice to see.

Made up with how Schneiderlin played, back to his old self, showing his quality, Gomes will struggle to get in the side, think we changed when he went off.

Walcott should have had a hat trick.

Some great football played today, more clinical finishing across the season and we will score bagfuls.

The first goal was nice to see. Proper training ground goal that.