September 21, 2018, 07:18:19 AM

Author Topic: [News]Leipzig edge closer to Lookman deal  (Read 8172 times)

August 22, 2018, 07:52:37 PM
Reply #15

Lxxx

If he has a half-decent season or 2 (12-15 goals + assists), an English club wouldn't blink at paying £45m for him.

True but it's a risky strategy as there are only half a dozen clubs in that market. A strategy that doesn't work if he doesn't fulfil his promise, he'd be their record signing and they're still only really buying potential.

Everything about the situation screams keep him and tell him to knuckle down. 

August 22, 2018, 07:58:36 PM
Reply #16

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
True but it's a risky strategy as there are only half a dozen clubs in that market. A strategy that doesn't work if he doesn't fulfil his promise, he'd be their record signing and they're still only really buying potential.

Everything about the situation screams keep him and tell him to knuckle down. 

Their risks are irrelevant to us though?
Everything about it FOR THEM, may be to walk away.

But their risks don't influence our decision.

August 22, 2018, 08:04:11 PM
Reply #17

Lxxx

Their risks are irrelevant to us though?
Everything about it FOR THEM, may be to walk away.

But their risks don't influence our decision.

Of course. However their risks are factored into their offers, which are low and incremental. They are clearly wary of overpaying for him in case he doesn't work out.

August 22, 2018, 08:17:04 PM
Reply #18

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Of course. However their risks are factored into their offers, which are low and incremental. They are clearly wary of overpaying for him in case he doesn't work out.

Wish they's have given Steve Walsh a job.
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

August 22, 2018, 10:25:43 PM
Reply #19

plumber

Just had a quick look at RBL fan forum, 28 pages on ”Lookie” as they call him. Just skimmed a few pages
at various stages, some delusional comments on there including (at the 20 mil stage) “would worry about him carrying the weight of such a high fee on his shoulders” also at 30 mil Euros “would rather get Draxler for that money” also “Everton have money but no class (wonder where he got that quote from !) we should tell them to do one and get him in January at half that price” and “ if Rangnick pays that money I’m finished with him” like I said, have only read 4 or 5 pages but towards the end consensus is moving toward should walk away and tell Everton “we are not their cow to milk” !

This one is really hilarious from a fan of one of the least respected football clubs in the world. It's not a real football club actually, just a promotional project.

August 23, 2018, 01:27:41 AM
Reply #20

blue slug

This one is really hilarious from a fan of one of the least respected football clubs in the world. It's not a real football club actually, just a promotional project.

Spot on all the other German clubs hate them to

August 23, 2018, 01:41:39 AM
Reply #21

KoemansNumberTens

We seem to have had to deal with some truly entitled fans in recent years. Both Chelsea over stones and Leipzig with lookman both apparently wronged because we won’t just let them take our players on the cheap. Maybe we are the same? I don’t know. We went through similar with sigurdsson but we didn’t accuse Swansea of lacking class for not selling him cheaper. Seems to be the big successful teams who usually bully sides think it’s a moral issue when someone fights their corner against them

Leipzig’s opening bid was 12m and staff talking about our player in the German press. Seems it’s them that lack class rather than us

August 23, 2018, 01:51:46 AM
Reply #22

Shogun

Administrator
It's funny, I don't remember anything on here slagging off Swansea over the Sigurdsson affair.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

August 23, 2018, 01:57:58 AM
Reply #23

Bluedylan

I don't really have any issue with any part of this. I tend to think people who are annoyed/bothered have invented a narrative in their own head.

As I see it, a club wants to buy our player. We either don't want to sell him at all, or would only sell him for an inflated fee, and they are increasing their bids incrementally. We're in a position of complete strength and only need to do what suits us for the future.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

August 23, 2018, 04:24:22 AM
Reply #24

everton1952

With Bolassie gone to Villa, Lookman will have to stay and buckle down to the job. Play him against Rotherham.

August 25, 2018, 01:10:58 AM
Reply #26

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
He’s travelled with the squad like.

August 25, 2018, 01:43:11 AM
Reply #27

BlueForYou

Have boots will travel - Bournemouth Airport
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

August 25, 2018, 02:23:48 AM
Reply #28

Juanito

I think the main reason I would be sad for him to leave is because it would be down to Sam Allardyce, who thought Bolasie should start over him because he cost more. Bolasie couldn’t have been any worse last season and Lookman’s loan couldn’t have gone much better. Walcott is always one overstretch away from a hamstring injury and Lookman is one of the top rated players for his age in the country. F@cking hate Sam Allardyce.

August 25, 2018, 03:21:53 AM
Reply #29

Waltzer

I think the main reason I would be sad for him to leave is because it would be down to Sam Allardyce, who thought Bolasie should start over him because he cost more. Bolasie couldn't have been any worse last season and Lookman's loan couldn't have gone much better. Walcott is always one overstretch away from a hamstring injury and Lookman is one of the top rated players for his age in the country. F@cking hate Sam Allardyce.
I don't want him to go,  but it's easy to blame Allardyce, Koeman or Unworth didn't play him much either so I suspect his frustration was there already? Also,  if he is one of the most top rated players in his age in the country why is it only Liepzig after him? I think Silva sees a lot of potential in him,  but I don't think he applies himself and until he does he's going to struggle and I can't see him getting much game time. The facts are he can't get in now and Gomes and Bernard haven't even made a squad yet due to fitness,  when they get up to speed its going to be really hard for him and despite Silva saying lots of positives about him he's yet to even make an impact this season