September 21, 2018, 06:52:25 AM

Author Topic: [News]Leipzig edge closer to Lookman deal  (Read 8171 times)

August 25, 2018, 04:38:48 AM
Reply #30

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
I think the main reason I would be sad for him to leave is because it would be down to Sam Allardyce, who thought Bolasie should start over him because he cost more. Bolasie couldn’t have been any worse last season and Lookman’s loan couldn’t have gone much better. Walcott is always one overstretch away from a hamstring injury and Lookman is one of the top rated players for his age in the country. F@cking hate Sam Allardyce.

“One of the top rated players for his age in the country” really ? By whom ? Didn’t hear of any other club in this country clamouring for his signature ?

August 25, 2018, 05:09:34 AM
Reply #31

eyesalwaysblue

Allardyce came in after the disasters  of Martinez, Koeman /Walsh, we went to him in desperation because it was a fuckin mess, as dissapointing as it was to need someone like him, some of the blame shouts are nuts, the only 2 players he got are still in the plans of the new manager, he wasn't to blame for the mess the club was in, it was shit to watch but at least it was shit with the odd points here and there that got us further up the table, time he was just forgotten about.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

August 25, 2018, 08:40:12 AM
Reply #32

Juanito

“One of the top rated players for his age in the country” really ? By whom ? Didn’t hear of any other club in this country clamouring for his signature ?

Just because no other clubs in the country right now are clamouring for his signature, does that mean he is not one of the top rated players for his age in the country?  How about look into teams who enquired about him when he was at Charlton. (Manchester City, Arsenal, Tottenham, RB Leipzig)

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/11/09/bundesliga-leaders-red-bull-leipzig-scouting-football-league-tal/

Leipzig would have enquirerd about him for a reason and have a renowed  scouting network and had a world renowned director of football (now manager) thought to be the brains behind Klopp and Tuchel’s ‘Gegenpressing’. Perhaps you could tell me how many better players there are at his age (20) in his position in the country?

This is a player who was playing alongside Keita, Werner, Forsburg and shining. Probably why Silva has issued a statement saying he is our  present and future, despite where Lookman wants to be.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 08:41:35 AM by Juanito »

August 25, 2018, 03:05:00 PM
Reply #33

Martip

I 've changed my tune on this one and think we should take the money to balance the books a bit. My thinking is more that I don't want players here who don't want to be as they may disrupt the positivity that Silva has brought in which is helping performances on the pitch.

For me he's potentially very good but I feel that Silva has done more than enough to try and convince him with his comments in the press and let's face it without injuries he's not a starter atm.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 08:54:07 PM by Martip »

August 25, 2018, 08:33:48 PM
Reply #34

Gash

Global Moderator
The frustrating thing is if he leaves we'll still never here the end of him, every time he scores someone will be giving it "I told you so" even if his career doesn't take off and he ends up at a lower level.

August 25, 2018, 08:56:51 PM
Reply #35

Martip

The frustrating thing is if he leaves we'll still never here the end of him, every time he scores someone will be giving it "I told you so" even if his career doesn't take off and he ends up at a lower level.
Agreed but i suppose we need to factor in 1. A half decent fee received to help further rebuilding 2. He doesnt seem to want to be here.

August 25, 2018, 09:25:24 PM
Reply #36

gizzblue

Wish this window would hurry up and shut .

If he stays I honestly think Marco will get his head right no problem .

August 26, 2018, 12:44:25 AM
Reply #37

chang

I don't get all this faffing about with "offers" and "bids" - if you want something, ask how much it is, if it's worth it to you "buy it" - job done  :woohoo:

August 26, 2018, 12:46:05 AM
Reply #38

Lxxx

Richarlison out for three games now. Can we afford to let him go?

August 26, 2018, 11:46:54 AM
Reply #39

Outworlder47

Richarlison out for three games now. Can we afford to let him go?

Would think he'd come in for an hour at least for the cup match, and the two after that would be great opportunities against sides we should be handling. If he's in the side for Rotherham, I think he'll be staying.

August 26, 2018, 02:34:09 PM
Reply #40

GrantyBoy78

If his attitude isn’t right, he shouldn’t be getting game time.

August 26, 2018, 02:38:33 PM
Reply #41

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
If he's staying long term then absolutely use him in coming games. Wouldn't in a million years keep him around for the sake of three games though

August 27, 2018, 05:26:27 PM
Reply #42

Paddockoldie

RBL are trying the mind games now hoping he'll ask for a transfer... If he really wants to go he should say so. He hasn't so far so they're trying to push him.

August 27, 2018, 05:54:23 PM
Reply #43

Juanito

Walcott will get injured, Richarlison can’t play every game with his work rate. I think Lookman would get 25/30
appearances including cup games if he put his head down. Hopefully he can stay.

August 27, 2018, 07:40:54 PM
Reply #44

blue1948

To be fair to him from the reports I have read he is trying hard in training and his head hasn't been turned .It is to me a case of simply wanting to play and for that he can't be faulted .