December 16, 2018, 05:07:10 AM

Author Topic: On this day  (Read 2112 times)

August 30, 2018, 01:23:06 AM
Reply #15

BlueForYou

Thought Yak and Vaughan were going to be terrific together 

Both Lukaku and Yakubu almost unplayable on their day and if Vaughan had stayed fit, would have formed a great partnership with Rom as well

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

August 30, 2018, 01:35:06 AM
Reply #16

Bally

Administrator
Jermaine Beckford
It's the roll I way

August 30, 2018, 02:20:34 AM
Reply #17

plowman2

Yakubu up to his injury was the best finisher anywhere for me, if there was a way in he'd find it. Seemed to kind of relax and pause just before slotting it home.

Funnily enough, that's what my wife keeps asking me to do! (queue drum roll)
He's been devastingly underwhelming at goodison and seems to have developed a belief he can run straight through solid objects.
(Sunderland fan's fume at possible signing of McGeady on loan)

August 30, 2018, 02:22:39 AM
Reply #18

BlueForYou

Shoot, man, shoot
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

August 30, 2018, 04:24:51 AM
Reply #19

Cozzie

He wasn't though. He had that bad injury and never got back to his best. He was awful for us when he returned from it. We were lucky to get 1.5 million in the end.

Very reminiscent of Bolasie actually, although Bolasie wasn't brilliant before.

Both have great smiles though.

He scored 17 in the league for Blackburn that season.

Think his scoring ability was fine tbh.

August 30, 2018, 07:23:11 AM
Reply #20

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
He scored 17 in the league for Blackburn that season.

Think his scoring ability was fine tbh.
Was that the season Blackburn were relegated? He was awful for us the season after his injury which really screwed his goal scoring ratio for us up. Ended up being worse than a 1 in 3 striker for us after being very much a 1 in 2.

That injury was such a shame.
The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Dont wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope. Barack Obama

August 30, 2018, 10:34:58 AM
Reply #21

BlueMaquis

Yakubu has to be the best finisher doesn't he? Considering he's already finished and all

August 30, 2018, 01:57:24 PM
Reply #22

Paddockoldie

Lukaku but I did love Super Kev.. Kept us up that fella.

August 30, 2018, 03:15:22 PM
Reply #23

Gary1878

Lukaku is like an upgraded version of Yak - faster and better skill. Wouldn't say he is stronger though, Yak was an absolute beast.

August 30, 2018, 03:38:51 PM
Reply #24

Cozzie

Was that the season Blackburn were relegated? He was awful for us the season after his injury which really screwed his goal scoring ratio for us up. Ended up being worse than a 1 in 3 striker for us after being very much a 1 in 2.

That injury was such a shame.

I believe so yes.

His finishing ability wasent in question despite maybe his over all play being diminished.

August 30, 2018, 03:39:36 PM
Reply #25

Cozzie

Lukaku is like an upgraded version of Yak - faster and better skill. Wouldn't say he is stronger though, Yak was an absolute beast.

Yak had much better hold up play and a better touch than Lukaku but Rom brought a lot more to the team.

August 30, 2018, 03:40:57 PM
Reply #26

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I may be wrong but I seem to recall hed gone massively off the boil before the injury?

Something which he had form for.

August 30, 2018, 03:45:31 PM
Reply #27

Cozzie

I may be wrong but I seem to recall hed gone massively off the boil before the injury?

This is what I believe it was.

He got right back to his best instantly when he joined Blackburn.

Also scored 11 for Leicester when we loaned him albeit that was in the championship at the time.

He was an 18 monther then he always got bored.

August 30, 2018, 06:10:23 PM
Reply #28

Gash

Global Moderator

He was the same at Boro and Portsmouth and even Nigeria, used to have some horrendous goal droughts and when he wasn't scoring he didn't offer much else. Stats wise he's pretty impressive but he was very streaky, when he was on it, he scored for fun but when it dried up it lasted into double figures in games before he scored again.

August 30, 2018, 06:14:08 PM
Reply #29

Bluenose 91

Remember when almost put Meireles in the Bullens in the derby.

That was great.